It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maynard James Keenan - A dedication

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I will try to keep this short and simple. I would like for this thread to be a good mix of any and all music that has to do with a Mr. Maynard James Keenan (and nothing but). I would appreciate it, if others would join in, and assist me with this mission. If not, I shall continue myself.

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, collaborations with other musicians, even the old old school C.A.D., if that is what you desire, or anything else that I may be missing. Any and all is welcomed and appreciated. Any haters (if there is such a thing) please turn around now. Thank you very much. I shall start with a mix of 5 videos, in an attempt to set a sort of flow.

'The Outsider''

'Vicarious'

'Passenger' (unofficial fan-made video)

And for a bit of comedic relief. Puscifer - Country Boner (live 1999)
Warning: some language may not be suitable for all tastes.

'The Hollow'

I hope that others can enjoy this as much as I do, and will continue to as I repeatedly come back to this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Maynard is one of the most talented musicians I've ever heard in my life, amazingly gifted vocalist as well as writer. Now I gotta go listen to 10,000 days and meditate

LINK if embed didnt work

edit on 16-3-2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am a Tool and APC freak myself, and definitely consider Maynard to be a genius in what he puts out.

I am endlessly fascinated by the Fibonacci sequence embedded in Lateralus.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Thank you both.

I haven't seen that Lateralus video before. I am only slightly familiar with just the basic idea of the Fibonacci Sequence. I haven't actually made any attempt to study it or anything. I found it very interesting. thanx. Since I don't know much about it, I don't understand this track sequence he mentioned; 6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10; but I will listen to them in that order anyways, out of curiosity.
There was only one part I didn't agree with- right when Adam is starting his solo, the last thing on my mind was "I wonder when this song is going to end."

'Undertow' (live 1994)

Not the best audio, but not too bad. still an awesome performance.
I'm gonna try to not make any posts in this thread without at least 1 video.

edit on 3/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: know

2nd edit. Nevermind. I see it now. I was looking at the numbers starting from the left at first, but after posting it, I see its the 13 in the middle and goes out both ways from there.
edit on 3/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Bump.
Such a great talent - as a vocalist, lyricist, creative individual.
Yes, he is the chosen one
and he didn't even graduate @#@$%^ing high school.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
MJK rocks! Everything he touches turns to gold. I certainly can't wait for the new APC & Tool albums due to be released towards the end of 2011 & early 2012. Here's a few songs to add to the mix:

Puscifer

Puscifer featuring Trent Reznor

Puscifer featuring Milla Jovovich

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Keep em coming. I'm trying to restrain myself, from posting too many, but it's a struggle.

'Right in Two' (unofficial fan-made video)

Rage Against The Machine - 'Know Your Enemy' - featuring MJK

Maynard's vocal part of this song may be short, but he makes up for that with pure energy.
Epic scream!

edit to add- I'd like to hear Milla do more with Puscifer.
edit on 3/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good call with 'Know Your Enemy' BrokenCircles!

Tool

Third Eye

Reflection

APC

Here's a more obscure one by Tim Alexander and Mike Bordin featuring vocals by Maynard. (Link sais it is Puscifer but it is actually from a 1997 release called Flyin' Traps.)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
S+F, total genius!!!

edit on 16/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ahhhh.. what a blissfully perfect thread. I also am a total Maynard freak. He hung the moon as far as I am concerned. To me, he is so full of wisdom and knowledge about things I can only wish to know.

Blood into Wine is a great movie about his winery. You can stream it from netflix right now. Go watch it, and my kid is even in it for a millisecond, so total bonus for me!

A big thanks to BrokenCircles for a shrine~thread to the MAN!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

On of my favorites.... it kinda sums him up for me.
edit on 16-3-2011 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
Good call with 'Know Your Enemy' BrokenCircles!

Thanks. Did you happen to notice what he was doing as he was walking off the stage?
(after his little dance with Zack)
I don't think I've ever heard 'Choked' before. The name seems familiar, but the song didn't. I liked it though.

I liked that 'No Quarter video too, Lektro. Obviously not professionally done, but something about it just seemed right.

'Opiate' featuring Ted Farfegnungan (aka Layne Staley) 1993 Live
This video is taken from a little ways back from the stage, but apparently the sound is straight off the soundboard. The sound quality is great.

'Hush'

Cool pic toolstarr.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am so glad I found this thread!! Funny, I was just listening to eMOTIVe CD yesterday..... one of the few CD's where I have practically memorized all of the lyrics and like almost ALL of the songs......

"Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums"

Here is another one I really like off the same CD

"Fiddle and the Drum"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'm glad you found it too. Thanks for the contributions.
Thanks to everyone.

'Maynard's Tick'
(ya I know it's not tick)

APC - 'Judith' (live)

Puscifer - 'The Undertaker (Renholder Mix)' -Underworld video

'Orestes' (Live)

I'm glad I started this thread. It has caused me to search youtube more diligently, and I keep coming across videos that I haven't seen before. Mainly the different live performances.

edit on 3/17/11 by BrokenCircles because: because I don't wanna feel this, overwhelming.......urge to post Orestes in another new post

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Haha, I forgot that Maynard answered his phone as he's leaving the stage! Awesome.

Another good find with Opiate feat. Lanye! Hilarious that MJK introduces him as Ted Farfegnungan! Funny how you posted that when you did, on the way home today I was listening to Jerry Cantrell's Degradation Trip, an album dedicated to Layne.

When I saw that you posted that version of 'Undertaker', I just had to post the V is for Vagina version!

It's my favorite on that album

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yeah the video fits quite well,great thread by the way,whoops sorry for posting the Deftones song again,i missed that one in your post but its such an awesome song!

I may aswell put my favourite Tool And A Perfect Circle Songs down since their not on here yet:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

yeah, I just found that video of Opiate. i watched a different recording of it 1st, that was from the audience. Someone had posted a comment, that mentioned this version. My brain doesn't seem to be functioning correctly at the moment. What song is it where Maynard is announcing Layne as he's coming onto the stage? Is that Opiate? Maynard calls him "Needlenose Ned, Ned The Head Ryerson?".
I actually heard the Renholder Mix before I heard the original Undertaker, so I'm glad you posted this too.

reply to post by lektrofellon

Thanks
No problem on The Passenger. I had a similar thought to what you said when I saw it. It's a good enough song that it doesn't hurt anything to post it twice. Be careful when your trying to pick favorites. I'm pretty sure that would damage.my brain.

APC - 'Diary of a Love Song' -Live
I just recently found this video. I have the other live version of this song on disc, but didn't know there was a live video of it. Similar not-so-great audio, but this is a pretty good, close video.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

By the way, #ry Boner... So good, I forgot about that one for a while. Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

I absolutely love the part on Country Boner, right after he mentions Kenny Rogers and the white 'donkey'. Then he says, "I can't help it." That cracks me up every time I watch it lol.

APC- 'Imagine'

APC - '3 Libras' (Live on Leno)
(2004? i think, but not sure)

Every time I hear 3 Libra's, I think about NIN 'Closer.' Both are dam good songs, but also both were butchered and mutilated by radio when they were released. Because of that, I haven't really listened to 3 Libras for awhile, but it really is a beautiful song.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
David Bowie -'Bring Me The Disco King' (Renholder Mix) featuring MJK
(unofficial video - contains clips from classic horror films)

'Schism'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join