It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a story of how I died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was in surgery a couple years back for my jaw, they were re-aligning it as I had my jaw wired shut, anyways, this is what I remember. mid surgery I awake to the sound of the heart monitor beeping at an accelerating rate, turns out they had given me too much morphine and my heart rate had shot. I remember it was so intense, the room began to move and became increasingly more cold by the second. The faster the monitor beeped the colder it got.
until finally my heart stopped and at this moment I (whatever I was at this point) got thrust into the room, literally swirled up into the ceiling which had now become numb with cold, could see myself on the table with the doctors running around and moments later I woke up in a different hospital the next day after passing through a pitch black moment of absolutely nothing but myself and the thought I wasn't dead or alive. It all happened so fast and didn't realize the importance of the situation till later.

what do you think? it made me realize how important life is and how easily it all can end...I felt the life just slip away... scariest feeling ever

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Typical NDE by the sounds of it. I find recounts of them fascinating.
The only bit i don't understand is how you came to be in a different hospital. Were you transferred?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
well...i myself have faced death many a few times with severe asthma attacks,near drownings and amongst other things,very scary,but ive known a few people who have died and came back, ex bangers who been shot or just regular working class cut by glass,they all say the same thing, "you should never be afraid to die" its the up to it part that gets ya, they said it was total peace and were mad they got brought back,i dont blame em look at this # pit lol anyways, to live is to suffer,to die is to know peace, when you are born everyone is smiling while you are crying when u die make sure everyone is crying while u are smiling, in between we garden ya dig!!! live it then die feezuck it lol

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

yeah I guess they found that I needed to be moved or something, that was the weirdest part to me. it was the next day like 6pm too when i woke up, the surgery was 10am previous. so they must've wanted to run tests or something. the fact that my mind or what I was seeing went into the ceiling which became pitch black then like moments later I woke up and my first question was is this real what happened.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

One of my favorite episodes

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
well...i myself have faced death many a few times with severe asthma attacks,near drownings and amongst other things,very scary,but ive known a few people who have died and came back, ex bangers who been shot or just regular working class cut by glass,they all say the same thing, "you should never be afraid to die" its the up to it part that gets ya, they said it was total peace and were mad they got brought back,i dont blame em look at this # pit lol anyways, to live is to suffer,to die is to know peace, when you are born everyone is smiling while you are crying when u die make sure everyone is crying while u are smiling, in between we garden ya dig!!! live it then die feezuck it lol

After I read the book "Heaven and Hell" by Swedenborg I was intrigued by what he said about all people having about 4 days before they enter the next stage of reincarnation. One will see every action during one´s life vividly and one will know whether it was good or bad...

Then one will go to the place where one belongs with the people of the same caliber as oneself, no secrets exist up there, if one is black inside one will need to pay, if one is white one will be lucky in the next life.The next station can be anything from hell to ghost, to animal to human being to heaven depending on one´s actions. This is called the reincarnation loop.

I believe in goodness and I practice self-cultivation in Falun Dafa.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow that sounds like a really intense experience! Did the doctors actually tell you that you died for a moment? I'm just curious why it all went blank, most people report other things. blankness or nothingness, a complete absence is usually associated with being unconscious.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The blackout could be explained by the build up of carbon dioxide in your brain

She said, “Several theories explaining the mechanisms of NDEs exist. We found that in those patients who experienced the phenomenon, blood carbon dioxide levels were significantly higher than in those who did not”.

Near Death Experiences

This also correlates with the blackout that fighter pilots/astronauts face when they experience extreme G force; the blood can't get to their head to remove the build up of CO2

I made this thread a while ago, but I got a bit of stick for it. You could give it a read, if you want to see a scientific attempt at explaining them

Out of body experiences just the product of a confused mind
edit on 16/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I was in surgery a couple years back for my jaw, they were re-aligning it as I had my jaw wired shut, anyways, this is what I remember. mid surgery I awake to the sound of the heart monitor beeping at an accelerating rate, turns out they had given me too much morphine and my heart rate had shot. I remember it was so intense, the room began to move and became increasingly more cold by the second. The faster the monitor beeped the colder it got.
until finally my heart stopped and at this moment I (whatever I was at this point) got thrust into the room, literally swirled up into the ceiling which had now become numb with cold, could see myself on the table with the doctors running around and moments later I woke up in a different hospital the next day after passing through a pitch black moment of absolutely nothing but myself and the thought I wasn't dead or alive. It all happened so fast and didn't realize the importance of the situation till later.

what do you think? it made me realize how important life is and how easily it all can end...I felt the life just slip away... scariest feeling ever

But... but... but... if you were having a morphine (diamorphine) overdose, your heart would be slowly stopping to a stand still.

Maybe you had a heart attack. Your heart might have seized and the speeding rate was it trying to catch up back into life. I dunno why you would have been told of an OD, though. I guess your heart might have stopped due to an OD and suddenly came back to life, which would give a quick beat. I'd doubt it though.

Respectfully, are you quite overweight? Is that why you were having your cakehole caged (sorry, it seems I wasn't that respectful after all)? I'm just trying to understand your story.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

I really have no idea what happened, I was told that the morphine reacted negatively, (i'd like to point out they gave me 2 t3's before hand, what effects if any, I don't know)

and no, i'm not overweight, i'm 5'10 150 pounds, bruce lee size

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, I can tell you mine. I was gone for a good while and it is lights out game over. they OD'ed me on a potassium IV for real. It is not fun waking up with jumper cables hanging off you.

top topics

join