It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you cried? Do you care? Please tell me I am not alone.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I feel extremely sorry for the Japanese people, my and my family's prayers are with them. I although have to admit I didn't have to cry when getting to now about the disaster.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
No, I am not going to flame you. But I am sorry. I'm so sorry that your world is such a dark place that you wish for it be destroyed. You obviously feel love for your family and friends...just imagine for a moment if you felt that same way about everyone? What if they returned it? There wouldn't be a need or 'unbridled brutality'.

I don't believe that we are here to kill each other or our planet. We are here to learn and grow and our species as a whole is failing this class.

That ridiculous system that 'oppresses' us will destroy itslef. And how is it suppressing you? We are the only ones in control of how we feel and how we act. The only hate and fear is what you yourself create whithin yourself.

I think every single one of us has the capacity to be exceptional. If we allow ourselves. We are the only ones holding ourselves back. It is OKAY to feel pain for someone else because then you can feel love for them and in turn love for yourself. If we are first honest (sometimes painfully), show compassion and accept that this world and our lives are whatever we chose to make it then we can begin to feel the begining of what is possible. The love/energy/spirit in all of us and our world is a grace that I compare to a miserable man that has been trapped in a small cold cell his whole life who never tried to door. If he had, he would have found it was never locked.

Maybe I have sociopathic tendencies then. Because I don't think every one of us has the capacity to be exceptional. In fact I think many humans are a waste of the air they breathe. There are too many humans on this planet that should not survive, yet they do, and breed more useless humans. You're telling me you've never came across an individual that you deemed a 'waste of space?' They become more numerous every year: People who achieve absolutely nothing outside of making more people, who go on to do the same.

I'm just looking forward to the day their support system is ripped out from under them all. When they realize that nature is unforgiving, and their genes will not be allowed to be passed on. I envy the 'elites' more than I hate them. I would become one in a heartbeat, regardless of the cost.

We're all animals, we just go where there's the most food.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
At present concerned about relatives and friends there who are unaccounted for as yet.. Am on way back to japan to do what can to assist.. Crying will come later focusing on checking over my equipment , supplies and what will be needed once there.. More important to remain calm at present.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

my god..stop being so proud of yourself cause u can feel emotions about the disaster..yes there are people that are not crying ....there are thousands of reasons for that...

people like u go on my nerves (accept that not everyone is like u..and stop being vain about ur sympathy)

edit on 17-3-2011 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Westcoast, I have been feeling what you feel and unable to put it in words; you have done so beautifully. Thank You for the time and thought you have put in to this post. I to have listed several different topics on Facebook regarding the possibilities of things to come with quakes in the U.S. just to see what people are feeling. I really think that the majority are blind to the fact through willful ignorance. We must research and seek out opposed to being spoon fed through the mainstream media. I know so many people that do so and that is what scares me the most; they will be the friends and family that endures pain and suffering. That being said, these are the same people that were telling me I was crazy.............. until last Friday

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've cried, I have got on my knees & even laid flat down in prayer. I have feelings of sadness and a little bit of anger when I saw what happened and continue seeing their nightmare. It is amzing so many people can be so cold and emotionally bankrupt. I blame being desensitized by watching so much garbage that Hollywood put out. We are used to seeing chaos, mass destruction, blood, guts, plenty of gore. So much so we become numb to the real thing and we're like, well that's bad, now let's go on about what we were doing.

It was the same thing after the attacks on 9-11-2001. The news media were just emotionless and they are now. I understand being professional but I also understandbeing human and there is nothing wrong with crying over this & there was nothing wrong with crying over those attacks.

Those that point to the attack on Pearl Harbor as a cause for what's happened need to ask their self, what was the reason for the attacks on 9-11-2001? Or when something bad happens to you or a family member. Karmic debt is a lie and those that believe in it are fools. Go tell an abused wife or child that they chose that before being born.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You are not alone!

I have cried a lot which is one reason I don't look at the videos or pictures. It's too much.

Im an empath so it is really too much for me at times. I actually got sick from it the other day. I could just feel the pain and loss. It was too much.

I felt the same after the other disasters over the last year and it's just getting to be too much so fast.

I too post this stuff on my FB and the only people who ever comment are my ATS friends. My non ATS friends don't even think twice nor do they care. I saw one this morning complain about everything being about Japan and it just validated how superficial and selfish I always thought this person was.

It has amazed me at how people seem to just not care about others around them. IDK I guess I care too much. A human life is a human life no matter where they live. I can't believe some of the things I have heard people say about all these disasters.

So no you are not alone, I cry too and well I had tears while typing this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I've not seen a single person on my Facebook friends say one word about the quake & tsunami.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I feel a sense of sadness for them but at the same time the brutal truth is that it's also very interesting and being unaffected it allows you to be less emotionally attached to the event.

There is also so much going on in the world at the moment that for me at least there is a sense of detachment from it all. It's the equivalent of watching movies where people get shot, you're so used to it that it shocks less and less as time goes on. You've got uprisings in the middle east, earthquake/tidal/nucelar in Japan, New Zealand adjusting, Haiti is almost unchanged since it was affected - the list is essentially endless and we're not mentioning the never ending plights which affect many people of this earth for huge lengths of time.

The news will move on and so will we - look how quickly Libya was buried to the back pages for the few days post Japan even though it was "breaking" before....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We are in American South.

My entire family has been a mess.
We are definitely grieving.
I worry and try to figure out what's going on. It's an effort to escape the horror of what has happened to all those beautiful Japanese people, their pets, their homes...
My husband and son were both crying in opposite rooms the other night, neither wanting anyone to see but I could hear them both. My husband has had a hard time going to work, because his boss is freaking out over every little thing and on the verge of a nervous breakdown, we think. Really.

I've had the same experience as op with Facebook. I figure it's the way people cope.
They maybe are coping better than me. I've felt paralyzed with worry- yes, some of it about radiation effects HERE, in the food chain, but also for all those beautiful people- why is it that the Japanese have to be so heart wrenchingly beautiful? Anyway, if I dwell on my feelings too much I'll start again.

But for this family, the Japanese are like family, and it hurts. It hurts.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I look at this a little differently then all of you because I am looking at this not only from a Human side but from a side I was shown from my visits with other life Beings.

When I watch this I cry, I cry hard.. I put myself in their shoes and how I would feel if this happened to me and my family. When members mention not to fear death in a way that is true your soul continues (I know this) but that doesn't make me feel good because I would know longer see their face or hold them in my arms again or tell them I love them one more time. Sorry but I want my family alive and with me.

What I have a problem with is when someone tells of things they were shown and told that might be disasterous in times like this you get in trouble by members for fearmongering but many of thesse same people want to know so its a no win situation.

All I am going to say is this is just the beginning I suggest showing love and compassion for life.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

thank you very much for posting this. You have gone a long way to restoring my dwindling faith in humanity.
You so beautifully & eloquently described the way I myself feel & my own fears about my fellow man & I too see the complete apathetic response to my posts on fakebook about the japan disaster. I didn't get one comment or like, nor did anyone else post a single thing about it, I was the only one and I can't look at any of them the same anymore.

I haven't cried however, I don't often.

-B.M
edit on 06/03/2011 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've been exposed to death as well, as a medical student in the anatomy lab, dealing with death is something so surreal and it really makes you understand and realize the beauty of life

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Well yes. I help all the time and have saved people from failing out of college and ruining their lives. Through it all, little to no emotion.

For me, I suspect it was aspertame. I'm allergic to it. It damaged me when I was young and took years to repair. twitches and repeating words were the result. Shutting down all thoughts that caused it was the answer. A byproduct of shutting down all emotions because they just got in the way of logical thinking. Common sense dictates a logical caring response. You don't have to feel connected to the person. Indeed, sometimes its from that that a connection is forced through the shut down emotions.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

my god..stop being so proud of yourself cause u can feel emotions about the disaster..yes there are people that are not crying ....there are thousands of reasons for that...

people like u go on my nerves (accept that not everyone is like u..and stop being vain about ur sympathy)

you have totally missed the point. Either you feel compassion or you don't, its not about crying.

imho if you don't feel compassion for a suffering human then you have forgotten your own humanity.

-B.M

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

No, I have not cried. Nor have I cried for the 1 million people killed by my American war machine. I do feel the pain. At the very moment that the quake struck I was playing a video game. Microsoft flight simulator X placed a secret island at the epicenter of the quake, and I just happened to be there. I had just flown from Tokyo to Fukushima. Along the way I admired how the Japanese have such an attractive landscape, with such care taken in agriculture. The whole route I flew was demolished. Strange coincidence.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hello Westcoast.

I should start here to say that I both sympathize and empathize with your observations of your own Selfhood. The qualities you cited are laudable, and I commend you for your unabashed compassion. S&F

Now, I WOULD like to take this opportunity to point out that each and every Individual brings their own uniqueness to the table, so to speak. "Suppression of Emotion", while being [quite assumptively] observable in some, is not always as it appears to be. There are countless strategies employed by folks who choose to interact with these horrific events - and taking an assumptive approach when weighing the interactive "motives" of others could be likened to trying your balancing act on the proverbial "slippery slope" - for an assumption brings with it whatever "slippery baggage" there is clinging TO that assumption.

In my own case, each and every day I seek out the kindnesses, courtesies, exchanged respect and displays of unmitigated love I can identify. I also DO register the cruelties, the injustices, the selfishness; the heart-wrenching infliction of pain and anguish on each other that seems, at times, to be the tragic specialty of this all-too-often damnable human costume.

As stated at the beginning of these thoughts, I commend you for your compassion during these times of hardship and strife for the Japanese people. However, as the Mahatma once stated:

"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding." Mohandas Gandhi - 1869-1948

I believe that through your extending a bit more patience and understanding, you will be rewarded with a more full embrace of us all.

Thanks again for the OP Westcoast.

Mindpeace

edit on 17-3-2011 by Mindpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I to have posted numerous articles on my Facebook page. Only one person has responded to them, and then only some of them. I to have felt like no one cares. I see more responses to things like "drink at my house" than I do when I share an article about Japan and there horrible problems. But I still keep posting the latest news, some one has to. They can't claim ignorance of what is going on, and hopefully one of them will see how uncaring there heart is.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I did silently weep, tears streaming down my face, as I watched the water moving across the land with no resistance. Vehicles containing real people (every once in awhile I see all of the cars on the Phoenix streets and am humbled by the fact that every vehicle has a person in it who is going somewhere) these real people were trying to escape, driving.
My wife and I are not religious and not particularly spiritual but we shared a moment of thankfulness. We cried for the human beings that are separated from ones they love and just focused our thoughts on helping people reunite.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think it's like most tragedies in the world, Americans will look at if for a minute, say "Oh that's horrible", and 5 minutes later, they couldn't care less.

It's just an example, among many, of how disconnected we are from society and the environment. People think that, unless it is within physical sight of their own life box, it's "out there." It has no connection to THEM.

What we fail to realize is that everyone and everything is connected. The separation is an illusion. Think about it. At what point does the self end and environment begin....it doesn't. Even your own body is YOUR environment. What happens "out there" happens to you, me and everyone alike.

So, IMO, I think the problem really comes down to the fact that most of us don't want to look at it because we don't want to look at our SELF! We set up all of these illusions around us to distract us. That car, that house, that job, that mate, that bank account, that church...anything and everything to keep us from having to look at ourselves.

Now, I'm not suggesting that all of those things are "bad", but when it becomes of higher priority than YOURSELF, then you are no longer aware of your own life. And not being aware of who we are is a major contributing factor of ALL the tragedies in the world. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem, even if you are 8,000 miles away!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join