It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you cried? Do you care? Please tell me I am not alone.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

They say "hey, notice this"
What's that line from that movie?
A man could spend his whole life looking for the perfect cherry blossom and it would be a life well lived.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I have cried over this catastrophe, more than once. I had guests here on business who were from Tokyo and Myagi, the gentelman from Myagi woke and came down for breakfast to see on the news the awful images of Japan streaming in, his emotion took over and he was simply overwhelmed, his business partner was from tokyo, he too was overcome. They cut short their business trip to return to Japan, not knowing what they would find, not knowing if it would be safe, just knowing that they must return. My sisters were born in Itasuki Japan, we lived there for a while while my father was in the Air Force, I remember gentle and kind people, and beautiful buildings and land. This tragedy is not ended, nor will it be ended any time in the near future, and I am praying for the people there, and that the nuclear situation can end with as little problems as possible.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Today I admit I teared up a bit when seeing an older Japanese man cry over the loss of his entire family and 4 grandchildren. I almost become disconnected and a sickening numbness washes over me seeing such horrific events. My brain cannot process or accept the thousands of beautiful lives snatched away. It is just incomprehensible. I am ashamed of my ability to block it out but if I didn't I would no doubt lose what little sanity I have left.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

You shouldn't be ashamed of knowing your own personal limits. It is a defense mechanism to keep us sane. We all have a different capacity...

@spacecadet- I hope your friends found their loved ones okay when they got home.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Thank you westcoast, I appreciate that. They have not returned as of yet. They had been staying here with us at the hotel for just about 3 months, they barely spoke english, I gave them a great big smile and a 'konichiwa' each time I have seen them. One thing I have learned in the hospitality industry, a smile goes a long way! Sometimes it is the only form of communication, yet it is the strongest at times.

I am expecting to hear from them next week, I know what job they are here for, and about another week and they will have to return to finish their business. I do hope it is all good news for them and their families.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
With how things are in today's society...probably not only the U.S. but other places too...I would have to say you are gifted. With complete honesty and also familiarity, I can say that it is a bit of a rarity to see others 'touched' by catastrophe and devastation. I feel it, and I feel the worst is yet to come. You are right though, it is better to feel this pain than to feel nothing at all. I know in our community here on ATS, the devastation is felt - but in public among bunches of random people maybe one in thirty, or more, will feel the anguish. I don't have anything to back up that "statistic" but I believe you will understand what I'm getting at. That's why I say you're gifted. Anyone who is aware of the sadness is in a better understanding of the world. Yes, it hurts but reflecting on what has happened and is happening is always better than hiding from it, at least in my opinion. I have shed a few tears in the times of most of the most recent disasters, you are definitely not alone ultimately. Unfortunately, others who -like you- feel the pain are almost "hidden", if you will. After all of that though, I should probably add that not everyone is going to feel that it is such a big deal. It almost seems that people are too busy trying to get somewhere far in their own life so they cannot slow down even for a second to mourn. I mean, you can't exactly put your life on halt for victims of disasters but would it hurt them to slow down and just SEE?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join