It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you bet with your life of ETs existence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
That's a bet you can't lose. We can never explore the entire universe, so it's impossible to falsify the hypothesis that there is intelligent life somewhere in the universe. It is a bet without consequences.

A better bet would be: "Human civilization will find unrefutable evidence of an alien intelligence within this century." This can simply be falsified by not finding evidence within this century. I would like to see how many are willing to bet their life in this bet.

I would make both wagers willingly. Amantine has a point though, would the wager be more daring if the limits were more stringent. Certainly, I would wager my life that we encounter *Intelligent* life other than Homo Sapiens Sapiens (there is no echo btw.. lol) within the next 50 years!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, considering the fact that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on all of earths beaches put together, I have no problem betting my life on it. Would be an awful waste of spece otherwise.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I believe but would not bet my life on it.. I would however be willing to bet my prized collection of 1987 Calafornia Raisons

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would also bet with my life that Extraterrestrial life exists. I not only believe that we are not alone, but that the universe itself is a sort of "living organism".

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
yup- im a believer and yes i would bet my life that there is more to the universe than humans.

Its a sad to think that we are the only life form in this universe- and i dont think we will ever explore it all- or maybe we arnt ready for it?...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Aether: Bet with his life, Ready.
Cardu: Bet with his life, Ready.
Jonna: Bet with his life, Ready.
evil9t9uk: Bet with his life, Ready.
ASSASSIN651: Bet with his life, Ready.
Dakuma:Bet with his life, Ready.
ME: Bet with his life, Ready.
ShadowXIX: Bet with his life, Ready.
Gazrok: Bet with his life, Ready.
p1111: Bet with his life, Ready.
RivyBeAsT: Bet with his life, Ready.
TrentReznor: Bet with his life, Ready.
heRiverGoddess: Bet with his life, Ready.
Biggie: Bet with his life, Ready.
Crysstaafur: Bet with his life, Ready.
EyesOfTheFuture: Bet with his life, Ready.
Jazzerman: Bet with his life, Ready.
misspickle: Bet with his life, Ready.

18 ppl here! Amazing!

amantine: Not Sure?

LadyV: Whould but?

Sinobyte: Its extreme?

Peronemlin: do you bet with your life? ( there is no question only bet )

IXRAZORXI321: not ready?

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Would we ever reach a hundred or more?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
100% there is a form of other intelligence out there superior to our known scientific ways of life and our understanding of life.

Putting my life on the line. Can i phone a friend?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Will I bet? Sure because unless we find the edge of the universe I can never lose that bet.

However what I will not bet on is that they/we will ever have the technology to contact one another.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok Cardu i'm ready (throws back a fair sized glass of whiskey), I bet my life on it baby!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join