It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-15-2011 Dream The Charlotte Gainsbourg And Róisín Murphy Performance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Last night I remembered most of my last dream, which was very short, and took place when I briefly went to sleep for a few minutes after waking up in the morning.

I do not think that I was in the dream exactly (well not in the main visual world of the dream), I was seeing the dream almost like I was watching it on TV or something, and it started with a live performance by Charlotte Gainsbourg.

She was on a small stage at what appeared to be an awards show, something like the Video Music Awards or Video Game Awards or something; I seen some letters on the curtains behind the stage, it may have said VMA(s) or something.

The room was darker and there was this blueish colored light around the place and Mrs. Gainsbourg was on the stage alone at first singing into the microphone, some song that I can not remember, and she was almost completely naked; she may have had some kind of see-through fabric clothing or something, but her nipples & public region were covered.

At first she was lip syncing and made a few mistakes, but then she started really singing & during some parts of the song she was singing with/over a recording of the song, and she was performing in a somewhat provocative/sexual way.

I think there was a screen behind her and/or her shadow would cast against the wall behind her, I just remember seeing her hair stand up like the wind was blowing it and her teeth became long like a vampire; it was either the shadow of her or the screen image of her or her or all three, and I remember wondering was it a special effect or was she really a vampire or something.

Then some dancers came out and danced as she sang/sung, but I am not sure what they looked like exactly, I remember the color red and that maybe they looked like Santa Clauses or something crazy like that.

Then there was a change of music, that started with the harp music from the end and/or beginning (depending on which version of the song you listen to) of Róisín Murphy's song Overpowered (probably a remix); then Mrs. Murphy walked on stage singing the Overpowered part (“When I think that I am over you, I am overpowered, its long over do, I am overpowered” or something like that as the harp music played) and the crowd started to cheer.

I was surprised and wondered how in the world were both about to perform together, and at this point it was like I was really watching this on TV; in fact I thought that I was watching TV in the real world at this point.

Mrs. Murphy was wearing a white mask (either ceramic or plastic) that covered her entire face and she was wearing some costume-like dress, and Mrs. Gainsbourg started to sing backup vocals during some points of the song & they sung/sang a duet/together at other parts of the song.

Mrs. Murphy's hair was straight and a very yellowish blonde color (almost like a dandelion flower), and a group of dancers that looked just like her came out and started dancing (which I found odd, since they looked just like her), as Mrs. Murphy & Mrs. Gainsbourg sang/sung.

The performance was going pretty good, especially Mrs. Murphy's performance, with only a few problems due to Mrs. Gainsbourg voice messing up a few times; but then I woke up.

The end,

-John Jr

join