It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We now have a forum dedicated to the crisis in Japan.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They just saw some shocking images from the plant, and are showing them after break. CNN

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Good choice

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
May I suggest moving this thread as well
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also. This thread is about why this new forum is here. Not to discuss issues happening in Japan.
Go find the thread and talk about it there. (ducks)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Did you read the title of this thread?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thanks Skeptic Overlord, I agree it is sad we have to have this forum..

Noticed the first thread that went up hasn't been moved here.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thank you for the new forum...

Peace and Prayers to Japan and All...

LIVE News Daily from Tokyo in English = YokosoNews

LIVE 4 Channel English/Japense (with translation) = USTWRAP

Worldwide Earthquake and Disaster watch = RSOE

Video and News (some live) = AlJazeera

NHK News English = NHK

peace
edit on 16-3-2011 by silo13 because: link

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by SMR

Did you read the title of this thread?

Yes, I did. It is called We now have a forum dedicated to the crisis in Japan
This is a thread, that everyone keeps posting news in.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Please use this new forum for all topics specific to the events in Japan, resulting from the horrific earthquake, tsunami, aftermath, and troubles at the nuclear reactors.

And to keep things organized, please use this forum for all breaking news items related to the above-mentioned issues.

Topics that relate to the events in Japan, such as nuclear fallout outside Japan and predictions or worsening financial troubles (for example) should still go into the appropriate forums.

reply to post by SMR

You obviously cannot read, or are just making your own rules. Moving along ...
edit on 16-3-2011 by AllIsOne because: clarity

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I wish it was not necessary for a separate thread,but so much going on
that this is for the members a lot easier.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Great idea SO. The situation in Japan is beyond what words can explain. Widespread devastation combined with spreading radiation from leaks in damaged nuclear reactors, I will have to mark this the worst disaster in modern history.

The people of Japan is going to need more than prayers, food, shelter, shelter and money. They're going to need our physical help.

Going off topic for a second. Does anyone know how a person can join the effort to help the Japanese rebuild? I've been looking. My problem is that I'm in between jobs(been going to school to get a degree) and finances is really tight. My wife and I donated what we could and I'm feeling guilty that it wasn't enough. I just feel like I need to do more than just send a little bit of money.

I just feel so helpless in this situation. These people need all the help they can get.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
aw, many thanks for this

looking forward to being less discombobulated

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree it is sad there is reason to create this forum...

but i'm glad you did... it will keep ATS better organized... Thats one of the very many pros to ATS

SMR

link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by SMR

You obviously cannot read, or are just making your own rules. Moving along ...

Your right. I make the rules and don't know how to read the THREAD TITLE we are writing in right now.
I can see you do not know the difference between a FORUM and a THREAD

edit on 3/16/2011 by SMR because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

NHK World sometimes put up some info about donation, asking for all the help they can get.
If i see it, iwill post it.

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i think it's about to pop its top!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
They've been drip feeding the news from the start.
Media has been down playing every moment. Don't know if that might actually be because they can not get their heads around the scale of thing.
I've chatted with a few nuclear power experts on Twitter. They keep swallowing the official line or worse, start pushing propaganda.
Think I might have managed to open the eyes of one to.
Situation right now is workers have been withdrawn leaving no one to top up the diesels.
Expect Kukushima Daiichi Reactors 5 and 6 to go bang soon.
Spent fuel tanks aren't being filled. No holes in building. Build up of H2 and bang.
Just a warning expect two more bags.

By the way I notice someone that comes up in the 'following you both' who doesn't show in my followers list and I don't show on his either.
I'm there under Neodissedent and this strange nuclear propagandist goes by the handle John McNamara or
@JohnMcNuclear.

Should check his comments. No open comments since 21st Feb, yet he you can see, he doesn't just defend nuclear, he touts it as a wonder fuel.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Sorry, you are absolutely correct.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
People!!!!

This thread is just to discuss the new FORUM!!!

NOT for Japan updates

Use the threads you have been using for that

Semper

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I hope to see folks from Japan post here. We are worried and care for such a crises they are facing. I started a thread to send prayers and positive energy their way. They really need the strength right now and during the days ahead.
Here's the link:
Calling All Alt. Healers, Energy Workers, Reiki Masters & 2nd Degree Reiki Practitioners,
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10803259#pid10803259

Everyone welcome and join in positive thougth for them. I have noticed I was getting so caught up in all the bad news, I had to stop myself and realize that a moment of time was needed to think about and give something positive needed to be done.

I will check this thread as often as I can so I can keep updated as folks from Japan let us know what is happening.
Japan, so many of us around the world care about you and hope so much that things will calm down and get back to order again. I know there is not much left for you to do but hang in there. And know we are here to give whatever comfort and support as we can.

(had to edit) oops, sorry, I didn't post anything breaking as far as news. I just got done reading all of page one of this thread. I posted this reply before reading through all the other posts first.
edit on 16-3-2011 by triplereiki because: Posted prematurely and needed to edit that in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join