It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Visual Phenomena-Is there a supernatural connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm a relatively new member to the forums, and this is going to be my first thread.

First off, my house seems to be haunted by a shadow person. I have seen the shadow person fully materialized on 3 occasions, all of them while I was looking directly at it. In all three instances it was about 5 foot 4 inches tall, and judging by it's bodily proportions, it's female. I have also seen flying shadows of a less human form on countless occasions. In those incidents, the shapes vary, but the apparition is invariably smaller then 2 feet in height and breadth. There have also been numerous banging sounds that are totally unexplained. These have been heard by other people, and animals have reacted to the sounds as well. In addition to my (recent) encounters, in 2007 my girlfriend introduced me to a male friend who claimed to have seen and interacted with a female shadow person that liked to hang around my house. While we were experessing disbelief to each other, a glass was inexplicably knocked into the floor in the other room. There has also been a recent incident where I heard lots of chaotic noises from my bathroom. When I went in there to investigate, nothing was out of place except a can of shaving cream that was laying in the middle of the floor. If it had already been there, I would have tripped over it the last time I went to use the bathroom. I'd say it's a pretty substantiated case of a haunting.

Now here is where things get really bizarre. Ever since last August I have been experiencing very powerful visual hallucinations in the dark. They are very colorful, and consist of moving waves and pulsing orbs that fill my entire vision. There can also be very distinct "smears" of color that can move laterally across my vision. They start 1-2 minutes after closing my eyes, and reach a peak in about five minutes. Very rarely do they occur when my eyes are open, but a mild form will take over darkened rooms when my eyes are open. There have been a number of occasions where I've turned on the light and found that objects and walls appeared to be breathing. Practically without exception this phenomena has only occured in my home. It doesn't occur every day, and if anything is happening much less in the past few weeks then usual.

So basically I want to know if it's likely the shadow entity is causing this to occur? It started happening right after I started taking notice of the entity(it was making itself very audible and visible a couple of weeks before the first hallucinations) I've been unable to find anything that describes this phenomena in any way. Perhaps some of you folks on here have heard of, or experienced this kind of thing before? I'm pretty sure it's not a brain tumor or something like that, since I don't have any other symptoms of such an illness.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i don't think the shadow person would be causing the "phenomena" in the dark.

i had a shadow figure (male..6'2'' with a hat) and was pretty benign (until my building burned down...? doubt any correlation, but who knows)

sounds like a problem with you eyes possibly...like they may be too dilated. Your description reminds me of times back in college where my eyes were "purposefully" dialated...if you catch my drift.

your visual cortex may be filling in images to compensate for the dark??? whether or not it's related to the paranormal.....who knows

are you scared, or calm when you see this?[

also, check this like...this might be phosphene en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
One thing I can tell you is that the more you feed into it, the more you will experience things. Which you've already stated. I have never experienced a hallucination like that. I lived in an apartment for just 6 months. I experienced orbs (only at night when my eyes were open) voices which seemed to quickly move around the room and just a feeling of uneasiness. When I blocked it out, everything would stop. But when I would become scared, I would notice things more. I have never experienced anything even close to that since I moved out. That was in 2003. I can now walk through my house at night in the pitch black and not even be scared. I know this doesn't help you much. But I wanted to say that you aren't alone with this type of stuff. I know a handful of people who have either struggled with these types of scenarios, or embrace them! Depends on what you believe is there I guess.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
i don't think the shadow person would be causing the "phenomena" in the dark.

i had a shadow figure (male..6'2'' with a hat) and was pretty benign (until my building burned down...? doubt any correlation, but who knows)

sounds like a problem with you eyes possibly...like they may be too dilated. Your description reminds me of times back in college where my eyes were "purposefully" dialated...if you catch my drift.

your visual cortex may be filling in images to compensate for the dark??? whether or not it's related to the paranormal.....who knows

are you scared, or calm when you see this?[

also, check this like...this might be phosphene en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

I read that article the other day in an attempt to figure how what was going on, and it's pretty much something like that. I would imagine prisoner's cimena to be something very similar. I really don't what is causing this. I don't think anything is wrong with my eyes, as my vision is fine. I suspect it's happening somewhere in my visual cortex, as opposed to a phenomena in the eyes themselves.

I'm generally quite calm when this is going on. It's never been frightening, and I actually viewed it as a positive thing for quite awhile. It has been annoying in the past, as it can get in the way of trying to fall asleep.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ampar84
One thing I can tell you is that the more you feed into it, the more you will experience things. Which you've already stated. I have never experienced a hallucination like that. I lived in an apartment for just 6 months. I experienced orbs (only at night when my eyes were open) voices which seemed to quickly move around the room and just a feeling of uneasiness. When I blocked it out, everything would stop. But when I would become scared, I would notice things more. I have never experienced anything even close to that since I moved out. That was in 2003. I can now walk through my house at night in the pitch black and not even be scared. I know this doesn't help you much. But I wanted to say that you aren't alone with this type of stuff. I know a handful of people who have either struggled with these types of scenarios, or embrace them! Depends on what you believe is there I guess.

I've never really struggled with the idea of my house being haunted. For awhile it was the most exciting thing, as I had always wanted to have paranormal experiences. I don't really think the spirit that manifests around here is all that negative, though it was pretty unnerving the last time I saw it in person form. I think it saw how freaked out I was and hasn't appeared like that since then. That was last September, so it's been a long time. I know some people see shadow people constantly, so I'm fortunate that I don't have to deal with that.

I can't walk around in the dark without feeling like I'm going to bump into somebody.

edit on 16-3-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join