It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Trump win???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ok i will start by saying i came across this well reading a blog that is on one of my other posts It is by the same person. I saw Trump at CPAC and thought he had a chance to maybe take the GOP bid but after reading this i am mixed. So my question is do you guys think Trump should even waste his time trying to run or do you think he could be a real threat? I would like to keep this a polite conversation if possible, thanks. Here is the link to what i read. joshtolley.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

no...
Personally I don't think people trust him..
I know people don't trust politicians but that's usually after they're elected..
People don't trust Trump now....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I doubt i would vote for him but like the writer said i think he would help a new "teapartier" like mark rubio or someone like that.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yes, especially if he made Dr. Ron Paul his running mate. Brains and integrity.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

haha I don't think Ron Pual would join Trump after what he said at CPAC

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Why would anybody vote for a man who never lived a day in the average struggling American's life? He has no idea about the reality that people face these days. People would rather vote for an average joe, but it would never happen because of lack of money for campaigning.... sooo.... whatever.... no

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't think the people trust him.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would think most politicians have never lived in an average person's shoes

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Trump can't win in my eyes, people (voters and other world leaders) would be turned off by his EGO.

Now, I think if he could control his ego, accept being VP to Ron Paul then they would blow everyone else away.
His business prowess as VP would definitely be better put to use focusing on the economy, which should be VP's job.

then, after a term or two under Mr Paul, and after he straightened out the economy, humbled himself a little, then he would feasibly blow everyone else away. and possibly Rand would be his VP

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

we kinda like minds I guess.

I read your post after I replied.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
anyone who has a roast on comedy central should immediately be disqualified.
in all serious though, he may have a few good ideas but I just think most people find it amusing that he would consider running, but would never vote for him.

I know I wouldn't. Not even to try to keep someone else out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Yes, especially if he made Dr. Ron Paul his running mate. Brains and integrity.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

Ron Paul has more than enough of each of these necessary characteristics, all Trump can add is poor hair style.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well some people think of Ron pual as a way right-winger. (not saying i do) I think if it were to be a Paul-Trump ticket i think that some of the older repubs would see trump as an equalizer

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What if he went whit someone unknowen like Herman Cain? Do you think that would help?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't think Trump can win. He would be trying for the nomination and he's given money to more Democrats that Republicans over the years, so I don't think most Republicans would see him as a party favorite. His reception so far has been very cool. He doesn't excite people the way Herman Cain does.

There is the issue of third party candidates. The results of Bush (41) vs Clinton were:

Bush: 37.4%
Clinton: 43%
Perot: 18.9%

In other words, Perot gave us Clinton. Now you may say this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm not claiming either way, The same thing happened with Bush (43). Ralph Nader's votes in Florida were far greater than the difference between Bush and Gore. In other words, Nader gave us Bush.

As long as the third parties tend to the right of the right and the left of the left, there is no chance they will do anything but give us the opposite side of what they stand for. I wonder what would happen if a third party came right out of the middle.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think a third party person could win if it was done right but i don't see anyone right now that could do it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Do you think Trump should run for Gov or Sen first?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

IN TWO WORDS HELL TO THE NO!!!!!
Why would we do this when it's bad enough the Pres's we had were corporate shills? Why the Hell would we vote in someone who would be so transparently a corporate shill? That would be suicide for working Americans! We'd have to be half nuts Well ok it might happen 9/10ths of the people I meet are half nuts!
edit on 16-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling ugh

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would say 9/10ths is about right!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If Trump were to win, I think we could safely say that the U.S. is a Fascist state....after all fascism is the merger of big business (corporatism) and government and the Donald is the epitome of Big Business (corporatism).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join