It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If quake was intentional...why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Mods, if this is the incorrect forum to post in, do what you will.

At the beginning of this fiasco, there was a bit of talk here about the possibility of this being intentional, be it from HAARP or whatever we the United States might have at it's disposal. I'm not here to debate how it was done, nor am I assuming that it was done, but rather, if it was indeed intentional on our part, why?

This, of course, is a rather grandiose, open question. If you have any theories or have read of any, please share them.

I've noted the last two days that many of the MSM are mentioning a ban or halt on any proposed nuclear facilities by local state governments and even a few quips on stopping currently run nuclear facilities as a collective move for progressive, alternate energy.

I think most of us would agree that there very well could have been a number of serious issues with the BP oil spill that we could have caused, avoided, or let go longer than necessary, even without mentioning the corexit poisoning, but all in all that led to more or less a ban on new drilling.

Could these two issues be related? Less dependence on oil, less dependence on nuclear energy, both instigated by catastrophe...

Forgive the ramblings of a tired person, just wondering if anyone has any reasoning why this incident would be created, for what purpose all this may lead to.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Coincidentally, there are no coincidences.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Maybe it's because Japan exports about half of what we and other nations consume. Therefore they have great leverage when it comes to the purchase of oil. To thwart any attempt they were proceeding with in lobbying to replace the Dollar? They are the third largest economy! What would that mean for the North America as the dollar fell...well we might have to purchase their currency to purchase oil. Duh! Winning!

Sorry had to

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
That's a good point indeed...though I don't find it likely that we would thwart our greatest ally in that region considering it's proximity to NK. Though if we did have a part in this whole ordeal, i'm just flatout wrong.
edit on 15-3-2011 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
DO you reall have to ask that question/ really??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Couple things I can think of right off the bat is money... Japan was having talks of backing out of using the US dollar to back it's own currency. As it stands right now researchers say that we are looking at a total economic collapse within 2 years. And it's all revolves around when foreign countries get wise that we are screwing them out of money we owe them.. We are almost in so much debt that we can't even afford interest rates. The only thing keeping our nations economy afloat is that the US dollar is used everywhere especially in the buying of oil.

Another thing is money again but in another way. With so many industrial providers in japan it may be possible now to catch some of their slack that they can't fill now with their current state they're in.

If you wanna get deeper into conspiracy you could say it's TPTB maybe making tests on how much is affected by it's use. Create an earth quake that you would suspect wouldn't harm us much and see what happens. If it does cause damage to our borders than we can't be to blame anyways so double plus.

I dunno just throwing Ideas out. But the first one is strangely coincidental considering I just read an article about how Japan was one of 5 major countries that's pulling out of the US dollar. The others are Russia, France, China, and another I can't remember. So if they all do this we're screwed as far as our economy. It'll just collapse and our dollar won't even be worth half a Dong (Vietnam). All money is values based on your commodities like gold, silver, oil, etc. But is we're not exporting or have a huge stockpile of gold then we're just printing more dollars with the same amount of wealth. Lets just say that 1 gold bullion is in our treasury and we have 10 dollars in circulation then our money is worth 1/10th the amount of that gold. But the more bills we print without adding gold to our stores then the Dollar continues to go down. Considering that if something happened that sent all of this into motion then that means our government, who obviously knows what's going on, might be desperate enough to do anything required to come out of this fix.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysmo

That Other would be Germany, who ironically just bought a nice big chuck of our NYSE.
North America is built by the hands of peoples from other countries.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

After bombing them? Ally is an over abused word. Let's say you slap me, then Eye blow up your family, but then Eye find your missing puppy. Are we friends?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatuscadabra
reply to post by Cataclysmo

That Other would be Germany, who ironically just bought a nice big chuck of our NYSE.
North America is built by the hands of peoples from other countries.

Considering our country was founded by immigrants I'd say that's about right

top topics

join