It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Have A Bad Feeling (Next Shuttle Launch)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

No info except what's printed in local news papers. The accident is still under investigation as far as I know. The last launch was a real nail biter, with the cracks on the liquid fuel tank and the other delays from I think the fueling line connections ect. I heard someone on T.V. with NASA say the Shuttles were still in good shape.
Keep a possitive outlook on life, the best you can.
Spike

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Yea , all of these events occurred on April 19th .

1993 - Branch Davidian Compound , near Waco , Tx., destroyed in fire , killing all those inside .

1995 - Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building , Oklahoma City , Ok., bombed , killing 168 .

1943 - Revolt in Warsaw ghetto between Jews and Nazis .

1904 - Much of Toronto destroyed by fire .

1874 - Barracks on Alcatraz Island destroyed in fire .

1861 - Baltimore riots kill 4 soldiers and 9 civilians .

1775 - The American Revolution begins with " the shot heard 'round the world " .

There are tons of others . Just google "April 19 in history" . There are several notable NASA events that took place on this date also , as well as several nuclear tests .

So again , what's up with this date ?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Just wanted to add: I DID get tickets to the KSC Visitor Complex so I will be there. Here's hoping it goes off smoothly and on schedule.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
Just wanted to add: I DID get tickets to the KSC Visitor Complex so I will be there. Here's hoping it goes off smoothly and on schedule.

= jealous. I hope it goes smoothly too.

Hopefully you'll be posting pix and first hand account.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Planning on video but will definitely provide account. I've seen two from Titusville but this will be half that distance.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Gee now it looks like the mission might get delayed?

Government Shutdown Threatens Space Shuttle Endeavour Mission

With the government shutdown looming, one federal employees may be reluctantly preparing for the furlough -- space shuttle Endeavor. Disagreements over ideologies in the final hours of negotiations on Capitol Hill seemed deadlocked, and without a congressional resolution providing lawmakers more time to negotiate, the federal government shuts down at midnight Saturday morning. Depending on the length of the government shutdown, NASA will be forced to halt the majority of preparation work being done on Endeavor -- and postpone the April 29 launch until a later time. Up until the launch date, NASA allocates a certain amount of contingency days -- days in which work can be cut short and the launch will be able to happen according to schedule. As of today, nine contingency days are left, including weekends. If the government shutdown lasts a little over a week, Endeavor will be on the ground longer than expected. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Does anyone know if theres a website where we can watch the launch live online?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I noticed this thread today because just last week, out of the blue, my husband proposed we make the trip to take in the next shuttle lift-off...His reason being that we've never seen one live & it being the next to the last mission before mothballing the fleet. Almost as soon as he had gotten the words out of his mouth, it popped into my head, "Great, but I don't want to see a shuttle explode."

Beyond the tragedies of the past, there's no reason for such a negetive thought, especially over what likely would be a very pleasurable, once-in-a-life-time experience, yet since then, I've not been able to shake a nasty gut feeling that we would be better served saving our funds, staying at home, watching on the idiot box & avoiding the chaos if an event should occur...

It's good to know I'm not the only one with unresolved "hinky" feelings about this...Thanks for the company, ya'll !!

BTW - With regard to the gentleman that fell to his death, my husband being in the construction industry is subject to OSHA regulations about safety harnesses, tying off to a secure support, etc. when more than 6 feet off the ground...Do these regs not apply to NASA employees working on the launch pad?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
And now the launch was scrubbed lets see what news comes sunday.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rirb106

No guarantee but this is a good bet: www.nasa.gov...

Maybe some news outlets too.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
After long delay looks like game on in 6 or so hours.

Endeavour is scheduled to blast off from Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center at 8:56 a.m. EDT (1256 GMT). Weather forecasters predict a 70 percent chance of good launch conditions. This will be the second launch try for Endeavour's STS-134 mission, after a broken set of heaters thwarted an attempt on April 29. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Honestly, I've been thinking of it as a positive flight coming up. Maybe I'm just naive?

Hopefully nothing bad will happen.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Went off at 8:56AM EST without a hitch. Very cool to watch even though it was only in view a few seconds before it went in the clouds. Sound is awesome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join