It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider Could Be World's First Time Machine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
After conducting my own research, he's right! I'm happy to admit it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
And this "5th dimension" that they would use. Just what is in it? And could its contents be displaced? And what happens when something from the 5th dimension is displaced? Does it land here in our dimension? And what happens when it lands in our dimension? Could it be dangerous?

Or better yet, could this cause the merging of 2 dimensions in places? How do you know that the Bermuda Triangle isn't such a place. That chews up and splits out anything that gets caught between 2 dimensions? Ouch my brain....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Traveling to the past is not likely but the theory behind traveling to the future is sound.

It'd be kool for the person that was able to go forward but it wouldn't mean much to the rest of civilazation.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Traveling into the past, bodily? No, for the same reasons that were stated. The universe itself doesn't do paradoxes.

Traveling into the future would take some balls though. And better technology than we have right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not physical time travel, virtual time travel Holodeck style.

If they can send bits back or forward in time then eventually you have a data stream. One could ride that data stream virtually though a computer interface similar to a Holodeck. So the traveler would physical remain in his time space, but his mind would be allowed to travel as if he was at his target location.

That data stream may already exist we just have to find it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Not physical time travel, virtual time travel Holodeck style.

If they can send bits back or forward in time then eventually you have a data stream. One could ride that data stream virtually though a computer interface similar to a Holodeck. So the traveler would physical remain in his time space, but his mind would be allowed to travel as if he was at his target location.

That data stream may already exist we just have to find it.

Just lead my brain to the nearest lotto terminal.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That's cool, as I was just reading about this in the future!
and in the future, it is VERY important to make sure that replies have more than one line of text. You thought the chip implants were bad!? Wait til you see what ATS does in the future for non-relevant.........AHHHAHHHHHH!

<< 1   >>

join