It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all know this picture right?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have to agree with the fact that I think you're BSing the whole thing.

Also, I've never seen a fog come up that thick on a photograph. Looks like cigarette smoke to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by misterbananas

Probably not fake, someone brought up cigarette smoke, might also be moisture in the air or on the inside of the lens.

The photo is often touted as evidence of guardian angels, which is kinda funny because if that's a guardian angel boy oh boy is he late to that accident.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I thought that photo was originally taken by a police officer?

And if your father or stepfather took the picture why wouldn't you believe his explanation? Just out of curiosity is he in law enforcement?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
my memory of the photo (which has been around for ages) is that a police or fire accident investigator (female) took the picture in the aftermath of the crash. Apparently and astonishingly the person in the vehicle was unhurt, hence the guardian angel story. Had a quick look but can't find any links to the story, and am in a bit of a rush this now as I'm in the middle of moving house. but I definitely remember that being the story, so not your step dad or a male friend of his who took that pic as their were several references to it being a woman, she was even named, but like I say, don't have time to go searching for the links right now...sorry.

Okay had quick look found a youtube clip with all the people named!
angel video

]
edit on 28-4-2011 by destination now because: to add video link and then fix link !

edit on 28-4-2011 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I believe many of these mist-like pictures are not so much cigarettes, but normal breath being exhaled. Air in your lungs, when compressed, can create a slight mist when you exhale. I believe people are unaware of this and end up taking photos of their own breath. If you look at the vast majority of 'mist' photos, the 'mist' usually appears to be very close to the camera. Not saying all mist photos are BS, so don't go there.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry OP , but this thread is totally bogus . You say this picture was taken in 2006 ?
I have had a copy of this pic for the last 10 years .

The picture is fake and I can prove it .

This kind of image is very easy to create in Photoshop. Here's how it was done .

1: open image of crash scene
2: create a new layer
3: paint a rough figure in white in the new layer
4: Add Gaussian Blur to achieve a nice " ghostly " effect
5: Reduce the opacity of the " ghost layer" , just enough to give it a transparent appearance
6: Merge the two layers
Hey Presto , a pic of a Ghost.

Nice try OP , but a huge FAIL

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Did you even bother to look at the video I posted? Whether or not it is a picture of an angel is obviously up for debate, but the person in the car and the accident investigator who took the picture and who both seem credible enough, are unlikely to be photoshopping the picture and making up a story like that!

Though I dispute the OP's original claim about his stepfather or someone connected to him having taken the original pic as A) it was a woman who took the pic and B) if his stepfather knew the person who took the pic then I'm sure he would have had all of the details as it's quite a well known story and pic!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Thats correct Lass !

It was taken by an Officer at the scene recording the accident. It was on television program on cable several years ago. The same one that had the video of the crash victim captured on the security cameras floating around the junkyard near her crashed car if I recall.

Cigarette smoke is actually blue not white and never remains that thick unless it were to be enclosed within a container. It also coincidentally is shaped like a human....

This is taken outdoors in front of the crashed automobile...by the Officer.

I have plenty of experience with cigarette smoke...

Both my parents smoked cigarettes for years....cough ....cough ! And I distinctly recall the blue haze.....

Even cigar smoke won't accumulate in mass like that....especially outdoors....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by tpg65

Did you even bother to look at the video I posted? Whether or not it is a picture of an angel is obviously up for debate, but the person in the car and the accident investigator who took the picture and who both seem credible enough, are unlikely to be photoshopping the picture and making up a story like that!

Though I dispute the OP's original claim about his stepfather or someone connected to him having taken the original pic as A) it was a woman who took the pic and B) if his stepfather knew the person who took the pic then I'm sure he would have had all of the details as it's quite a well known story and pic!

It's a fake and what's more , it is a very bad fake .

edit on 27/04/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This doesn't look like any smoke pictures I've seen

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

I have here five examples, none of which seems to resemble a figure much like the OP's original pic.

The smoke in these pictures all seem to have no recognizable features or apearance; they all, indeed, look just like smoke.

The OP's however, seems to resemble a being standing in front of the car, you can make it out almost instantly without any head movements, squinting of the eyes, etc.
You may also notice that the object appears to be one solid white color, unlike the smoke pictures where the smoke has many different hints of white and off white.

I believe this to be a picture of an actual entity; possibly the spirit of the one who passed in the car wreck.

For those who claim it to be a photoshop tweak, why has none come forth with any evidence of this claim?

I am no photoshop expert so please, do not expect me to show any evidence.
edit on 28-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I believe this to be a picture of an actual entity; possibly the spirit of the one who passed in the car wreck.

Another poster who has not viewed the video! The occupant of the car did NOT die... in fact she escaped with hardly a scratch! That's why the image is being touted as a guardian angel

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Sorry I can't view any videos out here, it is blocked.

My argument still stands, I still believe it to be an actual spirit of some kind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join