It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YeS, YES, We are on the very edge of total DOOM, But answer me this ATS...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Signals

Sticky situation really. Say too much and cause a panic, don't say enough and cause a panic. Really, the rational mind can only make two assumptions here. The lack of official statement means either there is a negligible risk of US problems from the radiation, or we are all DOOMED. At least we know it's not in the middle. If it was a middle of the road risk, we'd be inundated with info.

In all honesty, in the fifties, we were blowing off nukes like firecrackers all over the pacific, and the Soviets were doing the same in other places. I'd think those levels were much more problematic than what is happening in Japan.

~Heff

Say too much?
Say too little? He has said FAR too little.

How disconnected can the "leader of the free world" be?

How about SAY ANYTHING!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
post removed by staff

Ha! I love this, and now I am forced to draw my remark out into more than a "one sentence" response! Ummm...I guess I can only admit I really appreciate intelligently-placed sarcasm. Kudos!

BTW...what happened to kitty's right ear?

edit on Wed Mar 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy

Cancel all that hdjsd

Seriously that just shows how little he cares about the real issues at hand.

"Ahem Mr President, we have the worst disaster in history happening atm do you want to change you meetings?

No, a science talent search for high school students is far more important then helping out 120, 000,000 people that can really use our help. Besides japan isn't one of our 57 states is it?"
edit on 15-3-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes...Obama has been SO quiet about the Japan disaster.

Obama: Experts say Japan radiation will not reach U.S.

Obama told KDKA-TV of Pittsburgh that experts have assured him that a nuclear release from Japan will dissipate by the time it gets to Hawaii, much less the U.S. mainland.

In the wake of the Japanese crisis, Obama said, the U.S. needs to "examine how we can further improve the safety and performance" of nuclear plants in this country.

US must learn from Japan nuclear crisis: Obama

"Nuclear plants are designed to withstand certain levels of earthquakes, but having said that, nothing's completely failsafe, nothing is completely foolproof," he said in an interview with a CBS television station in Pennsylvania.

"So each time these kinds of events happen, I think it's very important for us to examine how we can further improve the safety and performance of these plants," said the president.

Obama 'heartbroken' by Japan disasters, restates U.S. support

Reporting from Washington President Obama, "heartbroken" by the unfolding tragedy in Japan, reiterated Monday that the United States stood ready to support its ally in the aftermath of Friday’s devastating earthquake and tsunami.

"The United States will continue to offer any assistance we can as Japan continues to recover from multiple disasters," Obama said.

President Obama vows to stand with Japan; aid pours in

From the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Ronald Reagan to the heart of the disaster zone, Americans are airlifting vital supplies to Japanese rescue workers.

It's a down payment on a promise made by President Obama.

"The United States will continue to offer any assistance we can as Japan recovers from multiple disasters and we will stand with the people of Japan in the difficult days ahead," Mr. Obama said.

And for those saying Obama didn't act quick enough...this is from the exact same day of the Earthquake. Already mobilizing aid to Japan. So don't try to say "This is Obama's Katrina".

Obama Offers Condolences to Japanese in Wake of Earthquake, Tsunami

"Today's events remind us of just how fragile life can be," the president said. "Our hearts go out to our friends in Japan and across the region, and we're going to stand with them as they recover and rebuild from this tragedy."

The president said the United States has mobilized efforts, including ship and air power to assist the Japanese. The United States has one aircraft in Japan and another is on the way, and a ship is also en route to Marianas Islands for assistance, Obama said.

If I didn't know any better...I would think people are just looking for any little reason to bash Obama. But no, that couldn't be it...not here on ATS where only intelligent people post and deal with only the facts....that can't possibly be it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

You really want to send Blackwater/Xe into Japan? You're kidding, right? The Japanese have lost enough people; they don't need the body count to rise.
edit on 16-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
total DOOM isn't so bad now... Think about it, all those people who constantly hit their brakes and all those soup nazis who drive real slow in the turn lane and make you miss the lights will be dead, doomed, and destroyed. Now, don't you feel a little better? Oh yes, and women.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Ya more BS talk with no ACTION@@

Did you not read my post?

Am I the only one that can see what an armchair critic he has become?

I don't give 2 snips what he says anymore. We KNOW its all bs. DO SOMETHING is what I ask.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

I'm with MindSpin on this one. I've seen this same complaint now on ATS for days.Short of donning a hardhat and directing the nuclear cleanup workers, I don't know what more people expect of him.

And I have no love for him myself. Just saying....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Sarcasm keeps us sane in troubled times
No idea about the cats ear however.

On the Doom topic, I noticed a video of the empty shelves where the Iodine pills once were in a store in Los Angeles this morning. The good people of L.A. never let us down; they are in no danger at all, but they have their Iodine pills.

Perhaps when L. A. has an emergency where they need the Iodine, the good people of Japan could hoard it all and not send it to L.A.? Seems fair.

The level of panic is amazing, equaled only by the level of illiteracy. I had no idea. I guess this is what happened over the two generations or so since I was schooled. The ability to think and react logically is being quickly eroded by our magnificent education system.

Perhaps if we double the teachers pay again, they could teach our kids to work for McDonalds and perfect the art of getting orders wrong?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
reply to post by MindSpin

Ya more BS talk with no ACTION@@

Did you not read my post?

Am I the only one that can see what an armchair critic he has become?

I don't give 2 snips what he says anymore. We KNOW its all bs. DO SOMETHING is what I ask.

And what would you like him to do???

Many people are asking this question to people like you who are complaining...but no one has yet to answer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How can my post be off topic when it's MY TOPIC

This IS my thread....Isn't it ? ! ?

?
edit on 16-3-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Since you are one of my favorite posters here on ATS, I will take it lightly and tell you this...

Your Master Puppet in the Good Ol' U.S of A has been way more eloquent and available than our Master Puppet here in Canada...so if it can make you feel any better, our PM did come out about Japan with hopes that it doesn't trigger elections...so much for world worries...How can ANYONE beat that???

I used to like politics. Now it makes me sick.

The only votes they should get from us in the future is an unilateral vote for a one way ticket to Mars when it becomes available. Anything else is worthless.

S&F for frustration reasons.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I hear ya

At least we know where he's at now - golf course & headed to South America. I wonder if he'd be bunkered down if here in the US...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is nothing he can do other than make statements.

He promised aid when it is asked for. He checked up with his experts and they tell him nothing to worry about.

What else do you wish for him to do?

Do you want him over there telling another country what to do?

Do you want him standing on the west coast telling the negligible cloud to "bring it"?

He can't do anything because there is nothing to do. It's not his fault citizens are freaking out over what seems to be no threat to our immediate health.

All we can do is sit back, watch the Japanese rebuild, and help where they ask.

Something tells me if he was giving daily briefs these same people would say he was saying too much.

God forbid business goes on when there is a crisis in another country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join