It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH? New Billboard in Town..Have you seen it in your area yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A new billboard was put up in town here recently... I just noticed it today and it looks brand new. I live in a tiny Kentucky town so it sticks out! Its says Medical Volunteers needed! No experience necessary, will train. HELP KENTUCKY PREPARE! Disaster preparedness campaign?

Ummm... prepare for what? What do they know that we don't? This kind of freaks me out! I live on the New madrid fault, as I have mentioned several times in other posts... is that what this is about? Who knows, but I think I might get the number or whatever off the sign tomorrow and call them... Have any of you seen these crop up in your town recently? I will get a pic tomorrow and post it!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

They had those here in California a couple years ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We have a billboard here in Florida that say's the world will end in May 2011.
It was paid for by a religious group.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Buddyweiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah man ... Your state is getting ready for the New Madrid to kick off and they wanna train the civies

Kentucky Division of Emergency

i look forward to seeing the Pic...
edit on 3/15/2011 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I Live in Breathitt County.... Jackson is our town/county seat.... I'm far off nestled away in the middle of no where... I havent been out in several days... might go into town tomorrow and see if we have a sign...

You don't have to tell me where it is you live exactly... but do you far from Breathitt county?

Let me us know what you find out from calling them...

EDIT: Nevermind, I know where you live, I remember you from another post... I remember profile pics not names and my dial-up didnt load your profile pic up until now
edit on 3/15/11 by EvolEric because: felt the urge...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
We have a billboard here in Florida that say's the world will end in May 2011.
It was paid for by a religious group.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Buddyweiser because: (no reason given)

Those folks need to re-read the Book....cuz they missed a cpl things.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Although I now live in central Illinois, I'm from a small town in KY myself. My mom is still there and I always worry about her being 3 hours away from me if/when the earthquake does hit. Hopefully they are asking for locals to be trained so that if a disaster occurs, there will people there to help until the pros show up. When TSHF, you can never have too much trained help.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ooooh, about those bulletin boards.
We forgot to tell you.
Well i suppose you'll work it out, gotta go!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
Yeah man ... Your state is getting ready for the New Madrid to kick off and they wanna train the civies

Kentucky Division of Emergency

I really don't wanna see that, much less actually feel it up here in illinois......

but nothing wrong with being prepared...that's a good thing.

and now I'm thinking about rex 84

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I live in Wisconsin and i havn't seen any of those billboards here. I would like to see one though could someone post a picture?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Maybe the states need volunteers to offer free health care once "Obamacare" has finished destroying the current system?

Na, its probably to get ready for the big one. If its anything like Japan's we will definitely need all the charity we can get, since the government is already broke.

I think its a good idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

I will take on tomorrow and post it when I get in from work tomorrow night.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I live in Ballard County. Western Kentucky. Its not a very big place really. As I said, the sign sticks out like a sore thumb. I will let ya'll know what they say. Think I will volunteer. My son is already trained in search and rescue, CPR and all of that, as some else said, can't have too many people that can help if disaster strikes right!

edit on 15-3-2011 by Greenize because: correct spelling before the alphabet police attack me

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

They want volunteers? Come, on cut 1% of the hidden US Defense Budget and give everyone in Kentucky 100,000 salaries... Or at least pay the volunteers.

This country has got its priorities bass ackwards.

Usually on every bill board there is small writing that says who bought it. Was it FEMA? Kentucky State Gov? US Gov?

usually this cannot be seen while driving in your car past it. PLEASE DO NOT GET IN AN ACCIDENT BECAUSE YOU WERE LOOKING AT THE FINE PRINT. Had to add that disclaimer for my conscience.

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: DISCLAIMER

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I haven't seen any billboards, however... What I have noticed hearing on our local Alternative radio station lately are PSA spots about how everyone should have two weeks of food/water and supplies, should disasters strike. This is a Chicago station.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I happened to be sitting at the one stop light in town when I noticed it. I will look more closely in the morning... pull over to it and check it out!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

Now see, that is interesting too! Is that a recent thing? I can't help but feel like there is something coming and we are not being told about it. Maybe I come in here to much, but my gut tells me that something is up! Óf course it never hurts to be prepared!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I just started to notice them in the last few months? I don't listen to the radio all that much, just in the car going places locally. I've heard it more than once though, in maybe an hour total listening in a week.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Man,I just freaked out!! They just did one of those emergency tests broadcast on tv!
I will keep an I out here in Louisville for one of those billboards.
They did have one of those MAY 21,2011 the end of the world billboards up downtown for awhile,though.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I would almost wager there are some up, if not coming soon. They say specifically Help Ky Prepare! Keep us posted!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join