It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is kinda hard to explain....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Interesting, can't say much other than: don't...watch...the...Sun...like...that, PLEASE!

Your eyes are precious.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

This had to be between 1430 and 1515 central time. I know because I was walking into work, I'm usually at my desk by 1515

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Interestingly, I came across this post today because I had done the same thing and got a similar result. Let me explain..

I have been paying more attention to 'heavenly bodies' of late, since I read ( somewhere) that the moon had turned 90% so that the 'man in the moon' was skewed.
I have noticed that the moon and the sun are rising further east now than earlier in the year - which may be a perfectly natural phenomenon - so that this morning, to see the sun, I had to look to the left of our bedroom window rather than straight ahead to see it. Fine. So I got up and glanced to the left, just to see where it was, saw the sun, lightly clouded so not in full blaze, and then got back into bed. As I then closed my eyes I saw three bodies...two small and one larger. I tried it again, with specs on, same, only 'bodies' were in a different arrangement, tried it looking with the window open, so not through glass, and without specs. Same effect, different arrangement.

I came downstairs and looked directly at the sun through an eclipse filter - and all I saw through that was the single round body of the sun.

I thought ( and still think) that it must be a product of my eyes rather than actual bodies up there, because if there were other bodies shining like the sun, astronomers the world over would be screaming about it, and they are not - but just to check I thought I would put a line into Google, and that is how I came to be here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by SirKnightE

You see two because you have two eyes.

^This....well it seems the logical response. We have to have the two eyes for depth perception and each eye is a functioning lens with its own receptors, but when you roll your eyes back in your head when they close, you are essentially stopping all stimuli and you are left with the memory of the light stimuli.....nothing to make that double image into one as if you were looking at it currently.

Not sure if that made sense or not lol, gave it my best shot lol

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You probably moved your eyes just slightly while you looked into the sun and then blinked.

That probably caused two 'suns' or what not to appear in the retina.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I tried looking just with one eye open and got the same result, so do not think it is as simply duplication. Interesting also that I read that when someone else did this they had a line connecting the 'dots'. So did I. It also puzzles me that the three blobs were of different sizes. Anyway - I am not trying to make a case either way, just wanted to share my experience as it matched the OP description.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I was once made to stare at the sun for 10.....Not by choice....My dad made me. ( My eyes are fine....though I do wear glasses)

I was seeing that negative for quite a while no, second anything. Just the sun....

Oh, and I could not see green for a couple hours...
edit on 21-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is so interesting because back in july I was telling my husband the same thing. I saw more circles in the sun after closing my eyes.

wonder what it is?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I was once made to stare at the sun for 10.....Not by choice....My dad made me. ( My eyes are fine....though I do wear glasses)

I was seeing that negative for quite a while no, second anything. Just the sun....

Oh, and I could not see green for a couple hours...

That was supposed to say 10 minutes...meh....too late to edit.
edit on 21-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have seen it too a few times by accident. I´m pretty sure it was not an optical illusion. There is a smaller sun near the sun!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join