It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is kinda hard to explain....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Ill check this out tomorrow afternoon (UK time)

I have a welders helmet, that should do the trick.

Ill be reporting in chief, in around nine hours or so.

I agree with you saying that you are not normally one to so and so with a here and there

edit on 15-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I was thinking of something like that, or maybe seeing if I can take a pic with some shades over the lens, and invert the image in photoshop or something...

link   
reply to post by 46ACE

yeah, you beat me to it by less than a min
and ive done it with the just the hole and it works with out makeing negative patchs but im going to try that projection thing
no need to gloat

edit on 15/3/11 by Aceofclubs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

Originally posted by VariableConstant
I can't believe I actually just did this, but I put on sunglasses and looked directly at the sun for a second.

I was expecting to come back and post some snarky comment to debunk you, but when I went inside to a dark room and closed my eyes, I definitely saw TWO negatives, one bigger than the other. You may actually be on to something here. Or then again, maybe there is an explanation for this?

I'm definitely hoping for an explanation, cause if these tin foil hat wearers are right... Most of us are screw, with out KY.... but i'm still gonna go out with a doubie in one hand, a bottle or Crown in the other.... and the baddest brazilian chic sitiing on my lap

Huh, my plan exactly. Although, not too many Brazilians where I live, so I may have to substitute. Can't be too picky at a time like that...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I was thinking of something like that, or maybe seeing if I can take a pic with some shades over the lens, and invert the image in photoshop or something...

Ive been seeing similar threads to this one, trust me, if I see two objects during daytime like you describe, I will do my best to produce a photo.

I have two digital camera's and im hoping that if I do see something, an object would show through a welders helmet if a camera cant take it with a naked lens.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
I can't believe I actually just did this, but I put on sunglasses and looked directly at the sun for a second.

I was expecting to come back and post some snarky comment to debunk you, but when I went inside to a dark room and closed my eyes, I definitely saw TWO negatives, one bigger than the other. You may actually be on to something here. Or then again, maybe there is an explanation for this?

Afterimage
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Afterimage (disambiguation).
If the viewer stares at this image for 20-60 seconds and stares at a white object a negative afterimage will appear (in this case being cyan on magenta). This can also be achieved by the viewer closing his/her eyes and tilting their head up.

An afterimage or ghost image is an optical illusion that refers to an image continuing to appear in one's vision after the exposure to the original image has ceased. One of the most common afterimages is the bright glow that seems to float before one's eyes after looking into a light source for a few seconds. The phenomenon of afterimages may be closely related to persistence of vision, which allows a rapid series of pictures to portray motion, which is the basis of animation and cinema.

Closing the eye can help achieve a better sense of the color in its own aspect.

Afterimages come in two forms, negative (inverted) and positive (retaining original color). The process behind positive afterimages is unknown, though thought to be related to neural adaptation. On the other hand, negative afterimages are a retinal phenomenon and are well understood.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I gave this a try a few minutes ago as its clear skies where I am (Scotland).

You can only see one sun, but you do get two afterimages when you look away which I would assume is normal due to eye movement.

Neighbour: "What are you doing?"

Me: "Just checking the sun"

(Long silence)

My neighbours must think im a nutcase now after watching me stand with a welders mask over my face in the back garden staring at the sun.

I will laugh my head if I see them looking up at the sun later on.

edit on 16-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
OMG, I can't believe the OP wasted
a perfectly good thread for this non-sense.
What is ATS come to? lol

a female country song comes to
mind after reading the OP.

"I shaved my legs for this??"

OP, you do Shania Twain proud

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Funny you bring this up, I've actually done it a couple of times recently. You do in fact see 2 distinct circles, one larger than the other. Not saying I'm on board w/ the whole Nibiru thing just saying, it works.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
What is ATS come to? lol

That's a bit harsh, even down right rude. I think it's a legit question, seeing as how it really does work. The question though, is what is causing that effect? Since you insist on being so patronizing, how about you enlighten us?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
Live in oz and is bright sunny day and so just couldn't help myself and I just did it! Yes I just saw what you are talking about... it was a round image about a third of the size of the Sun's image (in my retina) right next to the Sun on the lower left hand side and I was facing North. Kewl... gonna do it again.

When I read this description it reminded me of the video in this thread.

Is that anything like what you saw?

If there really was something there, would the time of day and location on the planet change wether or not we could see it? I am thinking that because the sun is so far away and so massive that our perspective wouldn't change enough for position of earth and time of day to matter. I am just wondering if that could explain why some see it and others not. There's also the possibility that the object is moving too.

It's more likely there's nothing there of course, but I like to keep an open mind.

I would think that eye movement/refocussing would have something to do with the after image, but that's just a guess.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Just looked at that youtube video to compare. The second image I saw was larger (just under a third of the size of the sun) but it was right next to the sun like the video. I should know it is burnt into my eyes lol.

edit - actually the second object was closer to the sun that in the youtube video

edit on 16/3/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You see two because you have two eyes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
What is ATS come to? lol

I think you enjoy dangling from my scrotum dont you

ستموتون الموت البطيء المؤلم من غبائك

Have a blessed day.......

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I really would like to meet this weak life form one day face to face.... I swear I can easily put a face and stature to alot frauds like this cat.... Your entire life consist of hiding behind an avatar, simply because you probaly the most socially disgusting person to physically be around.

I really feel pity for people like you with such depressing lives.

Atleast Jesus loves you

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I look at the sun every day through this (I'm far to curious not too!)... I would have preferred a number 14 (which is 100% safe) but 13 is close enough.
Cheap and effective for those interested. (number 13 welding glass)
cgi.ebay.ie...

Like I said, I check the sun and surroundings daily of late, but notice nothing strange though.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Is this what you're talking about?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I cant believe I tried this, but I did. Now Im seeing spots all over,LOL

Anyway, yest two images when I looked away, I looked at the sun going down in the west.
Saw large on top small on bottom, but there was a line connecting them. I think also it is because of two eyes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Is this what you're talking about?

Thats pretty much it..... I see Jesus

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OK, I am back, sorry it took so long.

I never did catch what time of the day the OP said they experienced this, but here is what I did.

Since I am an avid Sun-gazer and I look directly into the Sun every morning and most evenings I can assure everyone that I have not caused any damage to my eyes. I have been doing this for several years and I am not blinded by this effort.

This morning I gazed for approximately 2 minutes since it was nearly 8 a.m. ( I slept late) I then closed my eyes and also covered them with the palms of my hands. I could only see one Sun image. No additional smaller secondary Suns at all.

Then this evening I gazed at the setting Sun (which was incredible) for a bit longer, maybe even 5 minutes or more. I again closed my eyes and covered them with the palms of my hands. I could only see one Sun image but this time I did have a streamer running off to the right hand side of the image which was like a channel or strip of light. I am not sure why that came through so I may have looked to my left while I was gazing and did not realize I created the streak.

Sorry I couldn't confirm the second Sun image. Perhaps I was not at the right time of day. I rarely look into the Sun any time between sunrise and sunset, but on occasion I might look just to acknowledge the messages that are coming through at the time (voices). LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join