It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is kinda hard to explain....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you read my some of my post, you may note i'm not ur typical conspiricy, doom, 2012, pole shift regular ATSer.
When I post something, its usually based off my personal experiences and life in genaral.
So anyway, Here's this recent experience.

Question first, Have you ever looked at a bright light, lamp, flame or something, and it kinda burns the negative image in your retina, so when you close your eyes, you see the exact shape or image of the source of light, or lights.
So anyway, my dumba$$ just so happen to be walking into work one day, and looked up, kinda sorta directly at the sunlight for a few seconds, It was fairly bright outside, but with the enviroment I work inside its usually kinda dark. So as i'm walking down the hall to work, that negative image gets clearer, when I close my eyes I saw two distint circles one larger than the other, and the only recent light source I'd just looked at was the sun. Now obviously I would not be aable to see anything definite looking directly at the sun, but if you know what I mean about the negative image, you may can image how I was able to see this.
I feel like I sound crazy.....
Anyway, does anyone know what i'm talking about, and willing to look at the sun directly for a second or two, and see if they can see what i'm talking about.
Now I'm not too sure about this nibiru crap, but it definitely looked like another large body next to the sun.
And no, I have no pics, kinda hard to get pics from my brain to scan into my notebook

edit on 15-3-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So before we try to define what it is, what does it actually mean to you?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Interesting .. sighting, if you will.. I will have a gander on the morrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

If you read my some of my post, you may note i'm not ur typical conspiricy, doom, 2012, pole shift regular ATSer

When I post something, its usually based off my personal experiences and life in genaral.

Anyway, does anyone know what i'm talking about, and willing to look at the sun directly for a second or two, and see if they can see what i'm talking about

That might burn my retina and prevent me from reporting back on such a profound request...how 'bout no one tries that and we all agree to believe in what you say..?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
So before we try to define what it is, what does it actually mean to you?

When I say I dont really dig the nibiru crap, I mean the doom, and gloom theories about it... I am very open minded to all possibilities, but I am more of a beleiver of what ever the mind can beleive and conceive the mind can acheive.... I choose to beleive good sh!t in life.... So all this could mean is that theres a huge block of cheese baking next to the sun to feed all the hungry of the earth... Cause God knows I love cheese, especially baked mac and cheese

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If your not a sun dancer, stop doing that, you'll go blind. Here's something interesting to try. Allow your eyes to get adjusted to a dark room. Then have someone flash the lights on and off while you continue to look in the same direction. If you keep your eyes open during the flash, you can still see an image of your room but if you move your eyes, it will go away. Move your eyes back to that same location and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

i am an old fart so to speak..done some dumb a$$ things myself LOL.
been there done that..looked at the sun when i knew better..not lately however have i seen a negative image
of the sun or anything..trying not to burn my retina here..notice i said trying. that is curious that you'd see
a double negative image..hummm..anybody know what could cause that? besides seeing niburu that is.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

If you read my some of my post, you may note i'm not ur typical conspiricy, doom, 2012, pole shift regular ATSer

Anyway, does anyone know what i'm talking about, and willing to look at the sun directly for a second or two, and see if they can see what i'm talking about

That might burn my retina and prevent me from reporting back on such a profound request...how 'bout no one tries that and we all agree to believe in what you say..?

Come on dude, seriously... Its not that severe, so you never looked up directly at the sun not once in your life for like a split second, and get blinded for a couple minutes.... I geuss I was the only one as a kid that actually got outside to play and do stupid sh!t like that.... Everything you grownups told us not to do we did it.... it wont burn your retina unless you're ignorant enough to sit there and stare for hours on in.... try that, see if it works

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Live in oz and is bright sunny day and so just couldn't help myself and I just did it! Yes I just saw what you are talking about... it was a round image about a third of the size of the Sun's image (in my retina) right next to the Sun on the lower left hand side and I was facing North. Kewl... gonna do it again.
------------------------------------------------

Just did it again but it wasn't there this time. This time I just saw a 4 bright blue dots to the top left of the Sun. Problem is I can't see right now...crap.

edit on 15/3/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

SirKnightE,

I can only think that what you've described might be an effect caused by the light bouncing within your eye. It might be some kind of echo of sorts that your retina registers as a secondary image. I don't even know if I believe in the phenomena of nibiru or not but I can tell you that with all the crazy stuff going on in the world right now something is affecting us, it and the environments in which we live. Some have theorized that the planet is actually going through a growth period and there is significant evidence to show this as well. Don't ask me to post sources because it's late here and I personally don't feel like it.

Who knows maybe nibiru does exist and expando planet theory isn't false. Maybe we're all going to evolve and live in peace after all the cataclysmic changes. one can hope we get the best of all changes in life.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
Live in oz and is bright sunny day and so just couldn't help myself and I just did it! Yes I just saw what you are talking about... it was a round image about a third of the size of the Sun's image (in my retina) right next to the Sun on the lower left hand side and I was facing North. Kewl... gonna do it again.

YES!!! I'm not crazy.... lol

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising

SirKnightE,

I can only think that what you've described might be an effect caused by the light bouncing within your eye. It might be some kind of echo of sorts that your retina registers as a secondary image. I don't even know if I believe in the phenomena of nibiru or not but I can tell you that with all the crazy stuff going on in the world right now something is affecting us, it and the environments in which we live. Some have theorized that the planet is actually going through a growth period and there is significant evidence to show this as well. Don't ask me to post sources because it's late here and I personally don't feel like it.

Who knows maybe nibiru does exist and expando planet theory isn't false. Maybe we're all going to evolve and live in peace after all the cataclysmic changes. one can hope we get the best of all changes in life.

I would first think the same thing also, but like the previous guy also stated the second object was significantly smaller.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I can't believe I actually just did this, but I put on sunglasses and looked directly at the sun for a second.

I was expecting to come back and post some snarky comment to debunk you, but when I went inside to a dark room and closed my eyes, I definitely saw TWO negatives, one bigger than the other. You may actually be on to something here. Or then again, maybe there is an explanation for this?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I looked at the sun a few weeks back wearing sun glasses... actually the same glasses thats in my profile picture... and the only thing it did to me was make a spot about the size of a quarter in my field of vision turn to a reddish hue for about 30 minutes...

Not my brightest moment... ha ha get it? ahhhh whatever.... but nope didnt see Nibiru... only that annoying spot...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm pretty much on the fence regarding this double star thing, but i'm still open minded, and I've seen some pretty disturbing vids on the net.
However, sometimes when i look at a bright light, my eyes flicker off centre a bit, and I get a double after image of the light I was looking at.
I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it does happen...to me at least.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Illegal Alien because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I look into the Sun everyday. I will try this tomorrow I promise!

Typically I watch the Sun rise above the mountains every morning as I say my prayers and only periodically as the Sun sets as I am often so busy in the evenings to take the time. I guess I am already blind!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You're not supposed to look directly at an eclipse either; So people used to put a pin hole in one card(sheet of cardboard) to make a lense ;hold a second sheet with the other hand and focus the image on the second sheet...(asafewayto look at the sun)...details below:

This is probably the most important part of this website. If you ever want to view an eclipse, the first thing you must know is this:

Never view the sun with the naked eye or with any optical device, such as binoculars or a telescope!

This is more than advice. Why? As a kid, did you ever take a magnifying glass out into the sun and burn leaves? If so, you probably remember that when the focused sunlight coming through the lens was refracted and concentrated to a small spot, the energy available there was truly remarkable. Guess what? You have a lens just like that in your eye. If you look at the sun, your eye-lens will concentrate the sun's light and focus it to a very small spot on the back of your retina. This can cause permanent eye damage or blindness. Additionally, there are no pain sensors back there so you won't even know it's happening! Have I scared the willies out of you? Good!

Pinhole Projector

There are safe ways to view the sun. The simplest requires only a long box (at least 6 feet long), a piece of aluminum foil, a pin, and a sheet of white paper.

The length of the box is important. The longer the box, the bigger the pinhole image. To find the size of the image, multiply the length of the box by the number 0.00873. For a box that is 1 meter long, the image will be 0.00873 meters (or 8.77 mm) in diameter. If your box is 5 feet (60 inches) long, your solar image will be 60 x 0.00873 = 0.52 inches in diameter. If you want to round things off, the size of the image is about 1/100th the length of the box.

If you can't find a long box or tube, you can tape together two or more boxes to make a longer one. In the illustrations below, we found that taping together two triangular UPS shipping tubes works well. Of course, if you do this, you must cut out the cardboard at the ends of the tube in the middle!

1) Find or make a long box or tube.

How-to images
(Click on the image for expanded instructions)

2) Cut a hole in the center of one end of the box.

3) Tape a piece of foil over the hole.

4) Poke a small hole in the foil with a pin.

More How-To Images

5) Cut a viewing hole in the side of the box.

Still More How-Ýo Images

6) Put a piece of white paper inside the end of the box near the viewing portal.

Point the end of the box with the pinhole at the sun so that you see a round image on the paper at the other end. If you are having trouble pointing, look at the shadow of the box on the ground. Move the box so that the shadow looks like the end of the box (so the sides of the box are not casting a shadow). The round spot of light you see on the paper is a pinhole image of the sun. Do not look through the pinhole at the sun! Look only at the image on the paper.

Quick and Easy

How-To Images

If you want, you can use only two pieces of cardboard--one piece colored white to project on to, and the other with a pinhole. Hold up the pinhole as far from the screen as you can. Remember, the farther you are from the screen, the bigger your image.

Photo:Tree ShadowsPhoto: Use Your HandsGetting even more basic, you can use your own hands. Just hold up both hands with your fingers overlapping at right angles. The holes between your fingers make pinholes.

If you have some shade trees in your location, try looking at the images of the sun coming through the holes formed by the leaves. A piece of white posterboard is all you may need to have a great viewing session!

Solar Eclipses How to View an Eclipse Back / Next

www.exploratorium.edu...

be safe you crazy kids:practice safe conspiracy theorizing!
edit on 15-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
really, don`t look at the sun unless you want to damage your eyes. if you want to look for the object poke a pin hole in thick paper and look through the hole if its there in negative you should see it. but i doubt it

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
really, don`t look at the sun unless you want to damage your eyes. if you want to look for the object poke a pin hole in thick paper and look through the hole if its there in negative you should see it. but i doubt it

See above never look directly into the sun. your "pinhole" creates a lense!.don't look through it! hold it to the side or turn your back to the sun and project the image onto another card..

Or just don't bother I'm quite sure any large"thing" near our sun would be obvious to millions of people....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
I can't believe I actually just did this, but I put on sunglasses and looked directly at the sun for a second.

I was expecting to come back and post some snarky comment to debunk you, but when I went inside to a dark room and closed my eyes, I definitely saw TWO negatives, one bigger than the other. You may actually be on to something here. Or then again, maybe there is an explanation for this?

I'm definitely hoping for an explanation, cause if these tin foil hat wearers are right... Most of us are screwed, with out KY.... but i'm still gonna go out with a doubie in one hand, a bottle or Crown in the other.... and the baddest brazilian chic sitiing on my lap

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join