It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Feel Sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Use this if embed doesn't work

I would like you all to take a listen to this song as I explain why I feel the way I do.

I guess this all began with the Japanese Tsunami. I mean, in no way is the corruption in our society and complete incompetence new to me, however I think I reached an all time high with anger and gloom when this came through.

This society is so #ed beyond the capacity I thought it would be. When you begin to care about a dramatic stock market plummet for an economy that just went through one of the worst recorded EQ's in recorded history, you just become dead to me. I really don't understand how people care so much about this "market" or a "game" as I like to call it. It really has no purpose if the people don't choose to participate in it or physically can't.

Every time I hear the word "jobs" or "economy" or "GDP", I truthfully want to vomit. People have been using these terms all over the place, without consideration that they don't really matter. What is working at an insurance company going to benefit for the betterment of mankind? The other day, I kept seeing this commercial reoccur about how this one company managed an engineering feat just by by providing insurance to a giant component that was being moved through a city. I mean really? Who in the hell cares, you did nothing to build it, nothing but sit on your couch and watch it on TV as it rolled by the streets of the city.

It's funny that we're still here today bickering about the same problems, with no real solution because it cost to much "money". You know, I bet any well rounded civilization (not arguing ET existence here) could look at us and laugh. Fighting over land, and over slips of paper that can be made by cutting down the trees off the land we fight about. When will we learn, that this is all our land? Nobody owns it, not one entity, but the whole.

Sigh, I know this post is all over the place and is mainly a rant, but I had to get it out of me
. I believe that we are doomed however. Whether true enlightenment happens tomorrow, or when we have to succumb to it due to problems that will probably lead to our extinction, it will still happen. Whether or not society makes it through enlightenment, that's for itself to decide.
edit on 15-3-2011 by prolific because: terms

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
the reason people care about the economy is because it matters. granted, ya an EQ is a big deal. but when japan gets glassed and wiped off the map from this business. the economy will still have to pick up the pieces. just like the hurricane katrina stuff. sure its not gonna go away in a week, but when it does it will just be another day on wallstreet. the fact that people talking about things other than an EQ or nuclear reactors makes you sick is more strange than half the posts on this site. if you cant understand that the economy will always matter more that a natural disaster, or a war, or anything that catches the public's eye you havent been in the loop very long. the economy is all that ever matters when it all boils down to nuclear sludge.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iheartprplkoolaid

Don't get me wrong, I understand it. The fact that it shouldn't matter is what aggravates me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by prolific

well the fact that it shouldnt matter yet still matters is why it will always matter. which is a slightly confusing idea but completely true. if you think about it the only real time we are in danger is during a recession or if the bttom drops out of an economy.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We live on a chaotic planet, even the most pleasant E.T.s are changed after they visit Earth. Also, awareness and intelligence are two separate phenomenon - most people lack the awareness to really put thier actions into perspective with respect to the actions of the rest of the group. You will find that, even the most seemingly intelligent people are rather simple-minded on the inside. In order to understand the true consquences of our actions, we need an intelligence that only a global, interconnected consciousness can provide, and, it requires awareness and a repression of our egos in order to be connected to it. I often dream of the day that people wake up from their stupidity, as if all the demons that had been possessing them were to simultaneously leave their bodies...
edit on 16-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I care about the economy and jobs because.... well because it means survival for me.

I need a job to buy food to eat, I need a job to put a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and heat my home so I don't die when it gets cold out.

What are you going to to? Move into the forest? Good luck when the rangers find you, and you get locked up for hunting protected animals on government land, or trespassing. Yeah you could buy your own land, but again you need a job to get the money to do that.

So I'm sorry I make you sick that I worry about my life and the lives of those I love. If that makes me selfish or a bad person in your eyes I honestly don't care. Survival is something every single life form has in common, and I don't see how it's a bad thing to try and survive in the environment you live (the environment being "civilization" in this case)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I need a job to buy food to eat, I need a job to put a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and heat my home so I don't die when it gets cold out.

What are you going to to? Move into the forest? Good luck when the rangers find you, and you get locked up for hunting protected animals on government land, or trespassing. Yeah you could buy your own land, but again you need a job to get the money to do that.

I see that you've been well alienated. It's abnormal to pay for what nature gives us for free.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

You're paying for the services other people render you. Unless you want to farm, stitch, collect wood, build, make fires, purify water, etc all on your own you need to pay someone else for their labor. Or you could go live in a tribe. I fear you take too romantic a view about tribalism.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

I see that you've been well alienated. It's abnormal to pay for what nature gives us for free.

Hah lol. As if you have any right to judge anyone for that. You have a computer, electricity, and an internet connection. You aren't living off the land in some tribe somewhere, why should I? Seems you have quite the double standard. That's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it.

And you totally failed to address any points I made.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I feel sick because many other problems are buried by current problems. I've told myself I'd stop reading this board because most have become so easily led by their 'anger' and it's depressing to watch them have good intentions but just fall to the way side under the belief of doing good.

I'm mainly sick of how the governments of the world just run rampant. I'll leave it at nationally for now and ask who hear has heard of the Indian holocaust in Canada. 50 000 children inhumanely treated beyond belief by greed to bring them 'into line' with the rest of society and while the Aboriginals try to fight off the government as they encroach upon the land, a true conspiracy to be worried about, people fall bait to issues so inflated to seem massive for the ratings.

So many people here talk about wanting to ascend, someone to fix their problems, to fly away from this 'wretched' planet, spewing hate about the goberment behind screen but doing # all while they support the corporations that control them. If you're all lovey dovey and one with the world, then why do you want to ascend with your friends and family rather then help out the Africans we don't hear about being treated like literal dirt or the Natives having their land encroached upon.

While the majority figures out ways to ascend, how the Aliens are going to eat us, how the corporations are going to raise the price of oil yet continue driving cars while an African looks for a crumb just to eat or a Native watching as the government swoops their land out from beneath them with wolf in sheeps clothing tactics.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

Hah lol. As if you have any right to judge anyone for that. You have a computer, electricity, and an internet connection. You aren't living off the land in some tribe somewhere, why should I? Seems you have quite the double standard. That's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it.

And you totally failed to address any points I made.

You let yourself be controlled by the government telling you what you're limited to in Nature, as if Mother Earth favored a being or an entity conglomerate over another rather then looking to all her children as equal? Before you jump on the bandwagon with your straw man argument of the pot calling the kettle black, I can't do much without this handy computer to look up online HOW to help society more equal rather then people unknowingly supporting slavery as they turn a blind eye because they still want to feel good about themselves, hence why they need the guberment to protect them, to tell them how much of Nature they can go into, and scold them for trying to survive out there with our Mother.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I can completely empathise,
I watched a doco in class a few weeks back about the illegal coca bean trade in africa, and little kids were being forced to work in extremely unsafe conditions to harvest all these beans and werent getting paid or anything.
Firstly, alot of the high market chocolate brands DO contain some of these coco beans yet it is quite known to them and nothing effective has been done about it as yet.
Secondly and the most shocking part of it was that they talked to a man who worked with the shares selling coco beans, he knew the majority that he was buying and selling came from this original trade but he said that it really didnt bother him at all and it was just buisness.
This is what money does unfortunetly.

I think it goes deeper than just money though, some people just want to feel higher up than others and more materially priveleged. Money is just the best way to satisfy this want.
In a world where materiallistic things are more valued and these are the values that people grow up with, it is really not all too suprising that this is become increasingly common, and will probably continue to do so untill people are pushed out of their comfortable little shells.

I didnt realise how bad it was untill my aunty (who is an accountant) told me to be an accountant. I asked her why she was an accountant and she said that "she loves money and thinks the study of the share market is beautiful"
ohh dear lord... hahahhaa

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
You let yourself be controlled by the government telling you what you're limited to in Nature, as if Mother Earth favored a being or an entity conglomerate over another rather then looking to all her children as equal? Before you jump on the bandwagon with your straw man argument of the pot calling the kettle black, I can't do much without this handy computer to look up online HOW to help society more equal rather then people unknowingly supporting slavery as they turn a blind eye because they still want to feel good about themselves, hence why they need the guberment to protect them, to tell them how much of Nature they can go into, and scold them for trying to survive out there with our Mother.

That's not really what my post was about. The OP seemed to condemn people who care about money, the economy, or having a job. I pointed out I need these things to live in MY environment, my environment being a city, and civilization. The only other way to live in that environment is to be a bum, and live on the street. But bums still live off the economy, because they eat what people throw away, if there was no jobs people wouldn't have food to buy, let alone throw away, so even the bums would starve.

So I go back to what I said before, what are we supposed to do? Live in the forest? I seriously doubt there is enough natural habitat left in the US to support everybody if they all of the sudden abandoned their cities and flocked to the forest of the country to live in a tribal lifestyle. Even then, you pretty much have the same problems. People will band together, the strong will force the weak to do their bidding. Look over at Africa, the tribes have a chief (dictator) who controls what everyone does. People still starve, wars are still fought (albeit on a much smaller scale) trees are still cut down, animals killed and eaten.

These naturalists have a skewed view on how things happen, idealism does not work well with realism, and we live in the real world not an ideal one. That was my point, it had nothing to do with helping out other people or solving the world's problems, which is what your reply was talking about. I was replying to the OPs talk of Jobs and the economy not being important. They are, and always will be regardless of what type of society you live in.

new topics

top topics

join