It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Emergency: Global Financial Implications and What We Should Be Talking About(Please read)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

it came back up

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

I think I can say I probably speak for a few here...

...what????

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ok man, I don't see you as the normal chicken little doom and gloom type... Luckily me and my uncles have been doing just what you said since we got to canada. We are not really as prepared as I would like, but we got enough to survive for a while, and plenty of fish and game up here.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So wait for the marketing dept to advertise:

Nuclear powered cars ....

Bad joke, but you are right, the investor confidence alone will hurt them, never mind loss of production and all that.

great thread, thank you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by Amaterasu

Who ever you are ,,,*I* dont think your plan will work ....Too much greed and Too many people to feed. You can Quantum (make believe: Not know the Facts: See things Differently: See things through rose colored glasses) Think till you turn Blue.....Somebody always wants More, wants Yours, Or wants to be King....thats the weak link in your whole skeem. You cant have your Utopia without a magical wand waved over every Brain in every body. And you cant have it without implimentation of rule #1 of the Georgia Guide Stones....*I* view your position as very Narcissistic at the core. Like I said I want to sit on my grassy knowl and pick daisys and have my food fall from the sky ,,,BUT that Aint Happinin round heer NoTime!!!

In abundance, "greed" has no meaning. How would you define "greed" where everyone may have all they want? There is enough food on this planet to feed all of us 3 times over - it's just that it's distributed based on profit and not need. Thus we have supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of tons of food each month while others starve. There is no "king" position in abundance with self-governance via the web. And few things will be objects of coveting since most things One can have for free. It is NOT a utopia - just much better than what we have now. If enough of us are aware it is possible, we WILL do it, Guidestones or no. This has little to do with me (other than I happened to put this together) and everything to do with the betterment of the Human condition, and in fact...

More than once I have invited everyone to take my work and call it their own - just so long as the ideas spread.

In abundance, if that's your thing, you can sit on knolls and pluck daisies. But I bet you'd find other things to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Then help those who can't help themselves.

Otherwise, may there be no illusion, people will die, they will struggle, they will suffer. Such is life.

Help them HOW? By telling them to panic? By saying, Hey, I can't afford this, but YOU should buy it? I'm at a loss.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

I know that things are not equal. I am a single mother with barely any income myself so I know what its like to be on the "have nots" end of the game, and like you I thought there was a better way, tried telling everyone I knew that it didnt have to be this way, that we dont have to choose this world, that we dont need money, but nobody listened, why? Because like I said we have been conditioned, all we can do is show people what the game is so that they are aware of the reality, then when the time comes when the veil is lifted people will be better equipped to collectivly make their decision.

Oh, I listen, and I hear Now is the time. As Skinny Puppy points out, Now is the only thing that's real. And if I just roll over and wait for some veil to lift, the ideas will not be spread enough to make a difference. I am used to many having no clue, but more and more are seeing the path I humbly illuminate. Especially after seeing the issues in Japan.

What can a person on a limited income do? Seek the voice of Life, within us all, it can and will guide us no matter what our financial situation is - this is what Im learning, and this is what will bring change.... Its not only canned food and fresh water that will get us through, and also those that have more should be willing to share with those who have none, when the time calls for it.....

And I am saying that I am led to this, and though I feel alone sometimes, things happen in ways that let me know I am not. This is the whole purpose of my life.

Im not saying that your solution is not a solution, it was not my intention to belittle your efforts at all, I just think trying to convince people is not going to work, the veil is too thick.... But if you wait till when the veil has lifted, then you might be a little more successfull.

Well, I don't know that I would recognize this veil-lifting. I must continue to offer this else I have no direction. I am hoping to stem the plans to decimate Humanity and bring Us to Our throne on this planet.

Peace

My ultimate goal. [smile] Thanks for your input.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Frugal squirrels blog has been pretty good on frugal prepping as has been Jim dakins bison survivalblog:

Wednesday, December 06, 2006
extreme frugal preps
EXTREME FRUGAL PREPARATIONS
I don’t ever want to be accused of giving advice people can’t afford to follow. I understand that sometimes even ten bucks can’t be squeezed from the budget. But over time I want even those devastated by medical bills or seniors on a tight budget to be able to follow my quest for frugal preparations. In case I have been guilty lately of giving impractical advice I want to cover the bare bones today. If you think you need a lot of land for a used trailer or even a $25 grain grinder, I will give you alternatives. No one should have to suffer from lack of preparations. No one. I shudder to think of my lack of preparedness at times when I had absolutely no cash on hand to spare. And it was not lack of money, just a wrong perception. I thought I couldn’t afford what I needed./ex] continued at he link:[

bisonsurvivalblog.blogspot.com...
kurt saxon has some interesting philosophies regarding frugal living.:

www.survival-spot.com...

survivalplus.com...

Thanks, Ace. I appreciate that. Far more useful that a list of things to buy.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Otherwise, may there be no illusion, people will die, they will struggle, they will suffer. Such is life.

Help them HOW? By telling them to panic? By saying, Hey, I can't afford this, but YOU should buy it? I'm at a loss.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Seriously

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
S & F for this thread. Thank you for keeping on top of this!

Some very dire economic news indeed... Going to be watching everything like a hawk. I wonder what will be said in the G7 meeting...

Well we won't get to know that. We'll get what they say in public.

Useless words like "trade", "yield", "output" and other blah, blah, blah-"confidence building" douchebaggery until the poop sticks to the walls from the force of hitting the fan blades.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I can agree with the OP. Japan holds hundreds of billions in US Treasury bonds, and I heard a couple days ago on the news that they (Tokyo) also printed up and dispersed about $200B. So they're going to have to liquidate some of the bonds to free up some cash to rebuild with. In the light of the food problems, stricter regulations are being placed on all food exported by Japan (crippling export income). Italy has barred Japanese food imports. And in light of the reactor problems it is basically effecting the entire north end of the island.
Isn't it ironic that every time something happens overseas, our own wall street drops? Goes to show that there are no profits being made here in the US. It's all about foreign investments. Then they go all 'balloons and confetti' because the markets are doing so well and our economy is booming. So, with Japan being the 3rd largest economy in the world, and now going through a national devastation, then yes, we'll see a financial vaccum, and a surge of disaster capitalism stocks.
edit on 17-3-2011 by OuttaTime because: clarification

I wonder how many put orders were posted prior to the tsunami and reactor incidents?
edit on 17-3-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Last engaugement with *YOU*

Your Idea failed through the 16th century in North America....Other models Failed in North America. The North American Native Indian.....Failure to Live and Let Live....*YOU* think you are special or ILLUMINATED and ammmune to human defeat.....
NO SALE .....................................Lions will not lay down with Lambs!
In the next 50yrs the planet Earth will have to produce all the food that was produced in the last 8,000yrs. This alone will use up and make desolate the planet.

Sorry No Sale....You need the GuideStones to make your plan work and you will need a King ....I donot volenteer
NO SALE
NUFF SAID

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor

it came back up

I'm well aware.

But flash crashes like this illustrate the shaky ground we're all standing on.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

Last engaugement with *YOU*

Your Idea failed through the 16th century in North America....Other models Failed in North America. The North American Native Indian.....Failure to Live and Let Live....*YOU* think you are special or ILLUMINATED and ammmune to human defeat.....
NO SALE .....................................Lions will not lay down with Lambs!
In the next 50yrs the planet Earth will have to produce all the food that was produced in the last 8,000yrs. This alone will use up and make desolate the planet.

Sorry No Sale....You need the GuideStones to make your plan work and you will need a King ....I donot volenteer
NO SALE
NUFF SAID

How can you say my ideas didn't work in the past, given that ROBOTICS is a prime aspect? And the INTERWEB. No, in eras where there were no ROBOTS to take up slavery and no INTERWEB for communication, they won't work. Do not need Guidestones, do not need a king.

You cannot compare old attempts with what I present because ALL old attempts lack crucial elements.

EDIT to add: Where did THIS factoid come from: "In the next 50yrs the planet Earth will have to produce all the food that was produced in the last 8,000yrs." I call HUGE BS.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Seriously

That was well thought out and cogent.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
what a day, and who's next.........what sell offs bring?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This debt is illegitimate. Never forget that banks are allowed to create money when they loan it out via the "fractional-reserve" mechanism. Adding insult to injury, this debt comes with compound interest. So it should be no surprise to anyone that anyone whose money supply is based on debt will eventually go bankrupt.

Also, don't forget that this "bankruptcy" is fictional as well.

As long as there are people, materials, talent, knowledge, infrastructure... any country - ANY COUNTRY - can be prosperous, no matter what the so-called "financial" situation is according to the banks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinterzorg

Not true.

Most people require jobs. Jobs require capital to be created through business activity. Capital requires savings, investments, and positive liquidity to grease the wheels of commerce.

Debt eats into capital by eroding savings, investments and liquidity.

Enough debt destroys all wealth.

We'll see how "fictional" it all is when the price of food forces millions around the world into starvation.
edit on 18-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When the world turned upside down

As a nation, Japan's one saving grace, literally, is that much of its debt is held by Japanese who have been squirrelling money away for the best part of two decades. It is Japanese institutions and citizens that hold most of Japan's debt. And so, unlike Greece, which owes billions of euros to European banks, a run on Japanese bonds is less likely, though certainly not impossible.

It's not just Japanese government bonds they own. Japan also holds vast amounts of US treasuries, worth about $886 billion at last count.

In fact, Japan is the second-biggest foreign investor in US debt after China, a factor that could prove to be a flashpoint for the struggling American economy and the orderly operation of financial markets this year.

What would you do, faced with a mammoth recovery and reconstruction bill? The obvious course of action for a cash-strapped Japanese government would be to liquidate part of that US bond portfolio to pay for damage relief.

This ain't over ladies and gentlemen. It's only just begun. As the crisis in Japan deepens worries and fears of a Japanese sell off of US debt grows. When all is said and done, when the tally comes in, Japan is going to realize, if they don't already, that their debt laden country CANNOT pay for recovery of damages and all that goes with it with the printing press. No, in fact, many analysts around the world are seeing what I'm seeing, there WILL BE a sell off of US debt. When? I'm not sure...but soon, VERY soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
From the Market Oracle:

Japan Quake Shakes U.S. Treasury Bond Market Get Ready for Financial Meltdown

Beyond its tragic human consequences (1), the terrible disaster that has just hit Japan weakens the shaky US Treasury Bond market a little more. In the GEAB No. 52, our team had already explained how the sequence of Arab revolutions, this fall of the “petro-dollar” wall (2), would translate during 2011 into the cessation of the massive purchases of US Treasury Bonds by the Gulf States. In this issue, we anticipate that the sudden shock experienced by the Japanese economy will lead not only to the halt in US T-Bond purchases by Japan, but it will force the authorities in Tokyo to make substantial sales of a significant portion of their US Treasury Bond reserves to finance the enormous cost of stabilization, reconstruction and revival of the Japanese economy(3).

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join