It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 50 Heros being Evacuated??? MSNBC reporting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
At least 2 of the reactor contaminent vessels are damaged and have cracks which, if they go, could cause a massive Chernobyl-scale disaster!

The Japanese government is considering calling in military aircraft to bury the reactors under concrete which may help to prevent radiation leaks.

Let's hope this works!

Source: Rising Radiation Levels Halt Work at Fukushima Plant

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by HeldHostage14
So what now? We just wait till it explodes? So due to this event it clearly proves that we have no safety measures. Which means that all nuclear plants around the world are a ticking time bomb. HeldHostage on our land.

#1. Wait till it explodes, we cant send people in to clean up the mess if she still going to blow.
#2 .That seems to be the plan
#3 and answer to your statement, Yes all nuclear power plants ARE ticking time bombs.
Only the ignorant and arrogant would tell you differently.

We obviously need to asses a rain check. We cant use a alternate energy we cant contain. As in the result of a fire we use water. When setting up the plant the never really thought of a saftey procedure instead of evacuate. What a shame.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
At least 2 of the reactor contaminent vessels are damaged and have cracks which, if they go, could cause a massive Chernobyl-scale disaster!

The Japanese government is considering calling in military aircraft to bury the reactors under concrete which may help to prevent radiation leaks.

Let's hope this works!

Source: Rising Radiation Levels Halt Work at Fukushima Plant

I have been saying this since Saturday morning when I spoke to someone who worked at Sellafield for 20 years. This should have been done before any thoughts of monetary loss due to losing the reactors. I also think its way to late to be trying the airborn concrete method of containmant. The stuff just hit the fan !
edit on 16-3-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

i really hate fox, but you are right on. they seem to be doing the best coverage. if its about ratings then this is what they all should be investigating anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
radiation levels very high outside containment levels. workers are pulled out. no one left to man any of these ships, radiation too high. this is being reported right now on fox. saying there could be 60,000 unspent fuel rods in one of these plants that is going up unmanned. pentagon saying americans in no danger(whatever). Japan just raised the radiation levels for the workers x2 that they are allowed to be exposed too. wtf??? will our government do this to us in a week? raise the level of radiation it is safe to be exposed too? if radiation is good then why do they put lead suits on people who get x-rays. all radiation is bad for living things. saying Japan population is outraged with their government.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Some news here:
The 50 workers evacuate

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

personal observation of mine,,,,, when does a fire truck run out of diesel especially since it was being used to pump cooling water and second im no electrician but apperently a generator arrived at nuclear facility and the connections didnt work???? im sure an ax 30 rolls of black tape woud have got it running,,,,just saying,,,seems kinda weird to me....carpenter44

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join