It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 50 Heros being Evacuated??? MSNBC reporting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here's an idea...why don't they wear space suits? Can anyone tell me if a space suit would be able to handle those levels of radiation?

EDIT: And I'm sure there would be radiation suits made for this sort of thing anyway...maybe it's too strong?

edit on 15-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

too heavy to work in gravity.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Isn't it amazing that Fox is more interested in politics?

I wondered about that...they are discussing political business while the rest of the world is watching Japan...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What I fear is this, and I am no geologist. If the reactor core melts through the containment vessel, it will continue to burn down to the aquifer The steam created by this will cause a giant explosion. A notion that hit me today was perhaps this was the fate of Atlantis, a nuclear meltdown? I fear for the Japanese people, evacuation of everyone would entail a power greater than humanity can muster.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The workers were sent back in as the radiation dropped to "safer" levels again...

www.reuters.com...

Also in the story

Japan's chief government spokesman said it was "not realistic" to think the Daiichi nuclear plant in Fukushima, 240 kms (150 miles) north of Tokyo, would reach the start of a nuclear chain reaction, but said officials were talking to the U.S. military about possible help.

There is a serious case of denial going on over there...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
To correct my last post, and be more specific, the levels were around 6.2 millisieverts around 10am Wednesday Morning Japan time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We really cant say for sure if one or the others are lying, this affects us all, if the planet gets polluted we get polluted, its the same boat the same ocean, the planet is in ever continual movement, nothing is static everything is fluid, and yet we believe that its their problem...

If the workers are going out and not returning, then meltdown is inevitable, or else why would they even stop trying? as has been pointed out before, if it comes to the meltdown then we are all screwed.
for a time at least...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
hmm MSNBC is talking about obama's top picks.. where is the news!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Where are all the IAEA idiots ...?? all they do is sit back and watch when a real emergency hits ...
They pass stupid laws against other countries .. isn't their job to protect people from radiation and help contain disasters ..?? why are they not in Japan helping those 50 brave amigos ..??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by 90gsx

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by SMR

so what happens if they just walk away from it?

The reactors will get so hot that is will be a total meltdown

And there is only one thing worse than a meltdown, and thats 6 meltdowns.
This will make chernobyl look like a camp fire.
Good luck to Japan and all its people.
May the sun rise again.

A campfire? I hope not. The police are usually called to make arrests when open burning is detected.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Given the the YEARLY allowed dosage here in the States is 0.1 rem (1 mSv), I would say that is a HUGE number!

Link to US NRC Dosages...

www.nrc.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm sicken by the fact that we have an earth quacke in hati and it is plastered all over the news. But it took for days for the media to start even talking about it.

I can only rely on the internet to get infomation...Thanks for nothing media.

Stick to the american idols that is more important.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There's no conventional technology that can make a very useful or resistant radiation suit. The main goal is particulate filtering as alpha and beta radiation are the worst when inside our bodies due to particles. Our primitive material sheilding makes for suits much to heavy to wear to be protected.

Where are all the robots that were designed in the 60s and 70s when we made these horrible reactors? I know many failed at chernobyl but still, surely technology is much better now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So what now? We just wait till it explodes? So due to this event it clearly proves that we have no safety measures. Which means that all nuclear plants around the world are a ticking time bomb. HeldHostage on our land.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Lets call a spade a spade. Again, I have to say, there is no such thing as a partial meltdown. Iether fusion is taking place or its not. Caesium 137 was first reported as present on Sunday morning so thats when meltdown started. Reactor 1 and 2 should have been concreted at the weekend to stop the need for sea water cooling...It didnt happen because it was already too late.

IMO whats going on at the moment is damage limitation, the crisis wridden thoughts of a desperate people who are trying to stem a tide that cant be stopped. If this was fixable they would be concreting now and not throwing spoonfulls of water on a forest fire. This disaster wont just affect Japan, or those who live round the Pacific. This disaster will affect us all, no matter where we live.

Our planet has never in its history been as much at risk as it is today due to this scenario. God bless and save the people of Japan, but also remember, this motion picture is comeing to a cinema near you.
edit on 16-3-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeldHostage14
So what now? We just wait till it explodes? So due to this event it clearly proves that we have no safety measures. Which means that all nuclear plants around the world are a ticking time bomb. HeldHostage on our land.

#1. Wait till it explodes, we cant send people in to clean up the mess if she still going to blow.
#2 .That seems to be the plan
#3 and answer to your statement, Yes all nuclear power plants ARE ticking time bombs.
Only the ignorant and arrogant would tell you differently.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I posted this in another forum but i feel it is relevant to give everyone a basic understanding of what happend at chernobyl. The information here can be added to what the news is telling us. I have already come to my conclusion based on the Cesium 137, not good to be coming out of the reactor at all!, anyway here is the link which should bring this whole travesty into perspective.
Part 1
www.youtube.com...
Part 2
www.youtube.com...
Can't watch the videos at work so i hope they are the right ones, sorry in advance if they are not.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just heard on "West Sound " radio news that they are going to remove those working at the reactors and send in a water canon instead !!!!!!! what ?????

Respects

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Not trying to defend fox, but all they are talking about is Japan. Sure they talk a little about other things, like every station, but the majority of what they talk about deals with this crisis.

I think some people are just trying to find a reason to bash fox.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
I heard about this a few minutes ago on NHK World...they were saying the levels at one of the plants was over 6000 milli-something...I can't remember, but all workers were evacuated...I don't think they evacuated all other plants did they?

The Fukushima plant contains 6 nuclear reactors. All are in grave trouble, and have now been abandoned. Our worst nightmares are coming true.

How close are the plants to one another? If one is reading 6,000 and they are within a half-mile radius I could see the reason to evacuate everyone....
edit on 16-3-2011 by LoTeK because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join