It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 50 Heros being Evacuated??? MSNBC reporting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Your thread title got it right, OP. These guys are absolutely heroes for putting their lives on the line to save so many others.

If it is true that they are digging out, though, it must be beyond bad. So much info floating around right now that it is hard to know what to think, but this could have huge implications on a global scale.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No. That's basically what a meltdown is, when the radiation can no longer be contained

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I wont say it's over but, Japan is gonna lose some serious real estate and lives before this is manageable.
Just my belief.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok first CNN reported that the 50 heros were being suspended/evacuated for 1 day. Then 5 minutes later they said that they weren't being evacuated and that they were going to stay at the reactors and continue to work untill they could get the problem under control... SO idk what they are doing but all i know is 6 meltdowns are being prevented because 50 people are sacrificing themselves...My prayers go out to those 50 workers

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They will need to re-group and find volunteers, because the next mission will be even more dangerous. I don't know the stats on Chernobyl, but many people took on that mission and made runs into the contaminated zone to cover the unit with cement and sand via helicopter drops. I know a bunch of them died, but don't know the vitals. I believe it will come to this at Fukushima

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

FUKUSHIMA, Japan — Workers at a quake-damaged atomic power plant suspended operations and evacuated Wednesday after a surge in radiation made it too dangerous to remain there, dealing a setback to Japan’s frantic efforts to stem a nuclear crisis.

"All the workers there have suspended their operations. We have urged them to evacuate, and they have," Japan's chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano said, according to a translation by NHK television.

Edano said that a surge in radiation Wednesday morning meant workers were unable to continue even minimal efforts at the stricken nuclear plant.

About 45 minutes later, though, radiation levels near the plant came back down, he said. It's possible that evaporation from reactor No. 3 may have caused the temporary surge, Edano said, although that can't be immediately confirmed.The cabinet secretary added that there was no need to broaden the overall evacuation radius around the nuclear complex.

more
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I wont say it's over but, Japan is gonna lose some serious real estate and lives before this is manageable.
Just my belief.

All depends what you mean by manageable,

There are many things in life that cant be managed no matter how hard you try.
This time mankind may have bitten off more than we can chew and swallow.
I hope im wrong, but the evidence is starting to sugget other wise.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I heard about this a few minutes ago on NHK World...they were saying the levels at one of the plants was over 6000 milli-something...I can't remember, but all workers were evacuated...I don't think they evacuated all other plants did they?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
From what I understand this is from a build up of hydrogen and oxygen and steam which is going to be a continuous process...
This chemical reaction from the sea water reacting with the scenery while cooling things down will keep happening...
there will be explosions as the mixture vents and inevitably explodes ..hopefully outside of the containment...

if this is the case
this will keep happening again and again
untill there is a full core meltdown I guess

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So the question becomes if this blows, and I assume blows up the other reactors what type of damage are we looking at? Not looking for things will be ugly or all hell will break loose or any non answer answer.
edit on 15-3-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yes, it now appears that all six reactors are facing imminent meltdown if that seawater stops pumping.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
I heard about this a few minutes ago on NHK World...they were saying the levels at one of the plants was over 6000 milli-something...I can't remember, but all workers were evacuated...I don't think they evacuated all other plants did they?

The Fukushima plant contains 6 nuclear reactors. All are in grave trouble, and have now been abandoned. Our worst nightmares are coming true.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I understand why the workers would want to leave its not there job to get cancer or die but this makes everyone else screwed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think this is a serious sign there going into total meltdown..but the news coming out of japan changes every hour i wish they would just tell us honesty whats going on but im sure they dont want panic..

SMR

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Every hour ... ? Hell, every 5 min !!!

I don't know what to believe right now. All I can do is try and piece things together watching live coverage and figure it out for myself

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

The Fukushima plant contains 6 nuclear reactors.
Yeah, but I thought there was at least one other plant having problems, or are all the problematic reactors located at the Fukushima plant?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
How about life term prisoners get redemption by coming out and saving lives and protecting the community/country/world, from environment harm?
course they have to risk their lives, but in the cage their lives are allready spent, but could get a second chance!
but what if they cant contain the melt down? what then?
Maybe only persons for robberies gone bad, that took someone’s life?

How about them for starters?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

How about life term prisoners get redemption by coming out and saving lives and protecting the community/country/world, from environment harm?
I reckon that's a good idea...murderers unite to save the world!!!
That would be some what ironic.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by MedievalGhost

The Fukushima plant contains 6 nuclear reactors.
Yeah, but I thought there was at least one other plant having problems, or are all the problematic reactors located at the Fukushima plant?

I think one other nuclear plant has elevated temperatures in at least one of the reactors, but not sure of the name of the plant.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I also heard the Prime Minister is now accusing TEPCO of withholding information and lying to the Government about the severity of the situation.

The expert I was originally listening to on MSNBC (sorry, no name) said he just couldn't understand why they would be evacuating and not just swapping out personnel... Either it was that bad, or perhaps (Half Glass Full) it was a mistaken report and they were not evacuating, but just doing a shift change. The expert said it could be days before they would be able to go back in if it had in fact gotten that hot with radiation.

So maybe, just maybe... Fingers crossed for their Nation!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join