It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing is "not" believing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
A friend of mine saw something similar here in Australia once. He was in his backyard facing his house when he seen a stationary light through the trees that immediately shot off in one direction. He thought he saw a UFO for weeks and became a bit obsessed with it. Every time he'd go outside he couldn't help but look in the direction he saw this UFO. Then one night, all was revealed.

He lives roughly at the start of a bend on a relatively straight road and has electrical power lines along said road. What he saw was the reflection of car headlights tracing along the line. As cars traversed the straight part of the road before his house, the reflections stayed somewhat stationary but as cars entered the bend, the lights appeared to shoot off rather quickly.

Needless to say, he felt like a right twit, but at least he came clean on what it was and we were all able to have a laugh over a couple beers. Sometimes our perceptions, coupled with a lack of information can really deceive us.

IRM

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

LOL!!! That was AMAZING! I can't believe that video! Bottom line is people really cannot trust there own eyes. There are too many variables that can effect our perception. Thank you for that video, Im going to show it to my son, he is 21 years old and that light scared him LOL! Again, I thank you, I want to put his mind at ease and I think the vid you posted should do it. You are very kind.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
A friend of mine saw something similar here in Australia once. He was in his backyard facing his house when he seen a stationary light through the trees that immediately shot off in one direction. He thought he saw a UFO for weeks and became a bit obsessed with it. Every time he'd go outside he couldn't help but look in the direction he saw this UFO. Then one night, all was revealed.

He lives roughly at the start of a bend on a relatively straight road and has electrical power lines along said road. What he saw was the reflection of car headlights tracing along the line. As cars traversed the straight part of the road before his house, the reflections stayed somewhat stationary but as cars entered the bend, the lights appeared to shoot off rather quickly.

Needless to say, he felt like a right twit, but at least he came clean on what it was and we were all able to have a laugh over a couple beers. Sometimes our perceptions, coupled with a lack of information can really deceive us.

IRM

I really laughed hard at this IRL! Thank you for sharing that. That's just too funny!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It could be something that exists in multiple dimensions, and you are only seeing the energy or light that it emits.

It's my belief that things that we can't see or perceive with our 5 senses could possibly operate on a different (but not limited to just one) dimension or plane. Energy, radio waves, radiation, dark matter, maybe gravity? We know those exist.. but we can't always see them.. we see evidence of them, and we build tools to help us understand them.

When is someone going to invent UFO-Vision Goggles?

Depending on which theory you go for, there could be five, eight, or even eleven dimensions out there. The current strongest candidate (but far from proven yet) is M-Theory, which holds that there are 11 spatial dimensions, wrapped up into what are called Calabi-Yau manifolds, like little knots at every point in space-time.

These dimensions will never be "viewed" by human eyes, even if proven or otherwise detected, since our entire sensory system is built around 3 perceivable spatial dimensions, and thus we would have no frame of reference to understand what we would be seeing. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

I'm no expert, but how's that for a scientific response?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by Arbitrageur

LOL!!! That was AMAZING! I can't believe that video! Bottom line is people really cannot trust there own eyes. There are too many variables that can effect our perception. Thank you for that video, Im going to show it to my son, he is 21 years old and that light scared him LOL! Again, I thank you, I want to put his mind at ease and I think the vid you posted should do it. You are very kind.
You're quite welcome, I hope he likes it.

If it's this easy to fool the camera, just imagine how much easier it is to fool our eyes which are far inferior to cameras as recording devices.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

That is an interesting thought but to be honest, it is way over my head. The only ever time I saw something wierd was when I was 14 and was in my living room and it was around 11:00 P.M. Out of nowhere a bright flash of light appeared in the middle of the living room and lingered for maybe 2 seconds and the disappeared making a sucking sound. We all looked at each other like WTF? And then laughed. I guess that is why I like to dig in to anomalies but I just don't feel there is enough evidence for the majority of alien, ghost, etc. to be seriously considered.

Thank you all for your input, I really do appreciate the different views and thoughts regarding my weak testimony.

I do want to clarify that I do believe there has to be other life forms in our Universe. I even WANT to believe that they are coming into our solar system. I also would love to believe in ghosts, conspiracies and all the other neat stuff. But with all the smoke and mirrors as well as the millions of proven hoaxes and bogus made up testimonies, how will I ever know? I mean some of the things I have been reading on here is just absolute unfounded rhetoric and it is a bit disheartening.
edit on 3/17/2011 by BLKMJK because: (sp)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

There is another theory involving dimensions that involves "parallel universes" which you probably have heard of.

I don't necessarily believe that aliens have come here from millions of light years away. To me, it's not probable that they found our planet within the infinite number of galaxies and stars out there. IMO, they are most likely from our own galaxy, maybe even our own solar system/planet.. but they're operating on their own time line, and using super advanced technology to cross over to ours.

This unknown phenomena is probably a whole lot more scientific and less 'mysterious' and 'magical' than we realize. Think about it, if you brought things considered normal here & now, back to ancient or even more modern times.. you could be considered a god and revered, or burned at the stake/executed for being an abomination to God.

Our puny human brains can't comprehend things that might exist outside of the insignificant time line/world we live in, but we have huge egos & superstitions that wouldn't allow us to....even if it hopped in a huge law-of-physics-breaking aircraft & slapped us upside the head.

edit on 17-3-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
BLKMJK,

Yes, I am on the level with you. I take this ET invasion of our Earth very seriously. It's been my religion for roughly 40 years.
Some people, cain't believe there own eyes. I believe thats the way some people try to cope with their fears, when they see something mysterious; like dealing with the unknown.

Or, some people will strive to deny the UFO event by asking people for a reasonable explaination, because, possibly out of fear of ridicule.

Your son's reaction to the UFO event is very normal.

Because, I too, was scared as hell, when I witnessed my UFO event.

But, I want to allay yor son's fears. If the space aliens have not taken over the the Earth yet, since at least 1951, the year of my birth. They are most likely, not going to try to take over the Earth now.

According to my own theory, these Alien visitation's to Earth, are done by creature's, with 65 million years of evolution under there belts. Do you think that they would still be driving around in cars, or flying helicopters or airplanes?

I don't know whether these ET Starships are piloted by robots or living creatures.

But that night, when that approx. 6,000 mph white light I saw, that was above low thin cloud cover from a heading that came from Wash. DC., with two other witness'es. I looked to my left, and did not see it fly over the horizion. I then sensed that the craft stopped nearly directly over our rolling vehicle down the divided highway. Maybe, it was a shot of adrenaline, but I sensed his Lordship's presence above my head.

And, thats only half of the story.

Happy UFO hunting,

Erno
edit on 17-3-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 17-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
BLKMJK,

Yes, I am on the level with you. I take this ET invasion of our Earth very seriously. It's been my religion for roughly 40 years.
Some people, cain't believe there own eyes. I believe thats the way some people try to cope with their fears, when they see something mysterious; like dealing with the unknown.

Or, some people will strive to deny the UFO event by asking people for a reasonable explaination, because, possibly out of fear of ridicule.

Your son's reaction to the UFO event is very normal.

Because, I too, was scared as hell, when I witnessed my UFO event.

But, I want to allay yor son's fears. If the space aliens have not taken over the the Earth yet, since at least 1951, the year of my birth. They are most likely, not going to try to take over the Earth now.

According to my own theory, these Alien visitation's to Earth, are done by creature's, with 65 million years of evolution under there belts. Do you think that they would still be driving around in cars, or flying helicopters or airplanes?

I don't know whether these ET Starships are piloted by robots or living creatures.

But that night, when that approx. 6,000 mph white light I saw, that was above low thin cloud cover from a heading that came from Wash. DC., with two other witness'es. I looked to my left, and did not see it fly over the horizion. I then sensed that the craft stopped nearly directly over our rolling vehicle down the divided highway. Maybe, it was a shot of adrenaline, but I sensed his Lordship's presence above my head.

And, thats only half of the story.

Happy UFO hunting,

Erno
edit on 17-3-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

Could you please continue the other half of your story please? You peaked my interest. As far as fear of the unknown being the reason for my denial? I can promise you that is not the case at all. The unfortunate hand I have been dealt in the real world has been ALLOT more frightening than any alien visitation would be I can assure you of that. I have watched my wife suffer from cancer and my 13 year old son spend 2 weeks in a coma after brain surgery as well as numerous other real life events. Seeing an alien or an actual ghost would be bliss. My shallow mind just cannot attribute my fallacious perception to aliens. It is just absurd to me. I wish I could believe I really do. I do however love reading others experiences and such but do not like to be taken. You however come across with sound mind and I really want to here your story.

Ironic as it is, I actually believe in God though I have no valid proof of His existence but I just believe even though there are times I don't want to. Preconditioning perhaps? Are we just products of our upbringing and preconceived programed beliefs? I digress.

Seriously, please share with me what you have seen or experienced and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.

~BLKMJK

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
reply to post by BLKMJK

There is another theory involving dimensions that involves "parallel universes" which you probably have heard of.

I don't necessarily believe that aliens have come here from millions of light years away. To me, it's not probable that they found our planet within the infinite number of galaxies and stars out there. IMO, they are most likely from our own galaxy, maybe even our own solar system/planet.. but they're operating on their own time line, and using super advanced technology to cross over to ours.

This unknown phenomena is probably a whole lot more scientific and less 'mysterious' and 'magical' than we realize. Think about it, if you brought things considered normal here & now, back to ancient or even more modern times.. you could be considered a god and revered, or burned at the stake/executed for being an abomination to God.

Our puny human brains can't comprehend things that might exist outside of the insignificant time line/world we live in, but we have huge egos & superstitions that wouldn't allow us to....even if it hopped in a huge law-of-physics-breaking aircraft & slapped us upside the head.

edit on 17-3-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

Very interesting but how do I comprehend such theories? I have no way to fact check such things with my limited intellect. I do agree however that mankind will continue to learn and understand the Universe and we are but infants in this adventure.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I cannot lie, the accounts from Fremont are a bit weird. But I am sure there is a logical explanation.

I didn't see what you saw, but I can provide an avenue of investigation

Hessdalen lights seem to be yet unexplained environmental lights which seem to share a lot of commonality with ufo lights.

The video is in 5 parts

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey

I cannot lie, the accounts from Fremont are a bit weird. But I am sure there is a logical explanation.

Hessdalen lights seem to be yet unexplained environmental lights which seem to share a lot of commonality with ufo lights.

The video is in 5 parts

www.youtube.com...

Thank you my friend, I will check the vids out. Much appreciated

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The video is in 5 parts

www.youtube.com...

Thank you my friend, I will check the vids out. Much appreciated

Even if it is unrelated it is an interesting vid to watch.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Hessdalen lights are indeed interesting, but the only place they are seen to my knowledge is in Hessdalen. As you suggested they seem to be environmental, possibly having something to do with the unique geology of that area, such as some minerals which have been found in the local soil. Nobody is really sure of the cause even though they have observation stations set up and have been studying it for quite a while.
They have a website:

www.hessdalen.org...

Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year. An automatic measurement station was put up in Hessdalen in August 1998. Both data and alarm-pictures can be viewed on this website.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Hessdalen lights are indeed interesting, but the only place they are seen to my knowledge is in Hessdalen. As you suggested they seem to be environmental, possibly having something to do with the unique geology of that area, such as some minerals which have been found in the local soil. Nobody is really sure of the cause even though they have observation stations set up and have been studying it for quite a while.
They have a website:

www.hessdalen.org...

Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year. An automatic measurement station was put up in Hessdalen in August 1998. Both data and alarm-pictures can be viewed on this website.

There are the Marfa lights too. They are still trying to figure out the phenomena, it could be entirely possible that it occurs as one off incidents in other locations across the world. The reasoning and logic behind that could be, what ever is causing the lights is not abundant enough to keep it from reoccuring like in Hessdalen.Thus you have sporadic occurances across the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

It depends on what you "see" - If all you see is a light with no detail or structure to it, then yeah, I can see where someone might say it could be something conventional.

However, when you see a Triangle like I have that is bigger than an NFL Football stadium and blots the stars out for almost as far as you can see, then its not so conventional.

So it really depends on who you ask. Your mileage may vary depending on the person and what they "saw"
edit on 18-3-2011 by AlienGrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienGrey
reply to post by BLKMJK

It depends on what you "see" - If all you see is a light with no detail or structure to it, then yeah, I can see where someone might say it could be something conventional.

However, when you see a Triangle like I have that is bigger than an NFL Football stadium and blots the stars out for almost as far as you can see, then its not so conventional.

So it really depends on who you ask what that "who" has seen.

So are you saying you see a clearly visible structure? with details? or was it just a blanket of black passing over?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

Yes, I saw the classic Black Triangle craft. It had a white light at each apex and a red light dead center. It was definitely shaped like a Triangle. I lived near a major Airport for half of my life so I have seen all sorts of aircraft during my time. This was something I have never seen before.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is what it looked like but only shot off and did not wizz around. It also appeared allot brighter being that it was late at night.

I catch myself looking out the window hoping to see it again like a jack ass lol!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienGrey
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

Yes, I saw the classic Black Triangle craft. It had a white light at each apex and a red light dead center. It was definitely shaped like a Triangle. I lived near a major Airport for half of my life so I have seen all sorts of aircraft during my time. This was something I have never seen before.

Inbetween those lights could you discern any details of the surface?
What was its aerial behaviour during the peroid you watched it?
Could you hear anything?
Any other information about the object you saw?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join