It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima... "workers suspended operations..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"workers suspended operations and have evacuated..."
just heard this on CNN... have the nuclear plants been evacuated?
unconfirmed at present.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
50 still remain inside.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

unless they too left?

that could only mean one thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Live briefing currently (3-15-2011 @ 10:30pm) here:

NHK - WORLD
edit on 3/15/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
CNN reports again that the last 50 workers have "suspended operastions"..
reporters "stunned"... is this true? no confirmation as of yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arufon

I heard and posted it as well. I just heard it on MSNBC. S & F

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
we ought to be able to dig something up on this, I am looking as you type.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If these news reports are accurate, then watch out. We are heading for even more trouble.

This whole event is so surreal. I can't believe the images we have been witnessing these last few days.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Japan's cabinet secretary announced they have suspended operation's and told the workers to leave and they did, all this after a rise in radiation levels.

Edit: spelling
edit on 15-3-2011 by drwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Posted 9 minutes ago by washington post

FUKUSHIMA, Japan — Japan suspended operations to prevent a stricken nuclear plant from melting down Wednesday after a surge in radiation made it too dangerous for workers to remain at the facility. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said work on dousing reactors with water was disrupted by the need to withdraw.

also, NHK just said they're only "hope" is to pour some acid (i missed the name) into the reactor from a helicopter.

this is a pivotal momentClick Here For Source
edit on 3/15/2011 by LoveSoldier because: ok, now I have a headache, but I learned how to embed links.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"FUKUSHIMA, Japan (AP) — Japan suspended operations to prevent a stricken nuclear plant from melting down Wednesday after a surge in radiation made it too dangerous for workers to remain at the facility."

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveSoldier

That be Boric Acid

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Source

FUKUSHIMA, Japan (AP) — Japan suspended operations to prevent a stricken nuclear plant from melting down Wednesday after a surge in radiation made it too dangerous for workers to remain at the facility.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said work on dousing reactors with water was disrupted by the need to withdraw.
Earlier officials said 70 percent of fuel rods at one of the six reactors at the plant were significantly damaged in the aftermath of Friday's calamitous earthquake and tsunami.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why don't they hit it with liquid nitrogen? That would cool the core.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

it's difficult to believe they have given up and left, but indications are that no longer is anyone minding the
Fukushima power plants...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have to say that I really respect those guys who worked their arses off risking their lives at that plant trying to divert disaster. Those guys are a testament to what humans will put themselves through in order to protect others even if they give their life in the process.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
And so it is...

When is this helicopter planned for?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This leaves the doors open for speculation even further! I mean we know they wont tell the truth until the dead pile up, but we can read between the lines, and according to the news we have received today, connecting the dots draws out some terrible conclusions.

We can expect the worse, and hope for the best!
the day will come!

this causes even worse fears on the ones that do understand the severity of the disaster, unfortunately, for the rest of the mind numbs, if they dont spell it out and illustrate with cartoons they wont even believe it!
edit on 16-3-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: meh!

new topics

top topics

join