It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining The Free Masons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I was always amazed each year goes by and I saw one dues increase of *gasp* $5. And people raised hell about that too, mind you. It's actually kind of comical to see the rationale of a Masons mind. They fight to keep dues obscenely low and get mad at little increases, but have no problem dropping $10 in the dinner plate for dinner. It all goes to the same place.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes, but the diference is, when we give to charity, we give freely and of our own accord. The dues are set upon us. Everyone hates paying bills. LOL
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

This is true. Dues suck. But there are dues with basically any organization you join. You have to put some money on the line so that you actually feel that it is valuable to you and that you feel that you have more of an obligation to attend events/meetings because you are already investing in it, and so you want to get "your money's worth." This is how all college fraternities operate, so it really is not anything "new." But thankfully, my Lodge does lifetime membership...so there are no dues!!!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join