It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining The Free Masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have been seriously thinking about joining the Free Masons , I have looked into their society and realized how much good they do for the community , they raise money for burn victims , they support and raise money for Saint Jude hospital , they support our military , they help build playgrounds for children and hold functions for the mentally challenge . There is nothing evil about this organization , I would love to join, but I think you have to pay money to become a member , but I lack the funds at the moment.....They are call the shriner's here in the state of Georgia and they are really good people.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You should definitely join right away. Any organization that would require me to pay in order to build playgrounds for children and help the mentally challenged is definitely legit. Where do I sign up?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

I was a Freemason for four years, attained the rank of Master Mason and had a really good time being part of what is essentially a charitable organisation.

There is no satanic rituals, brainwashing or witchcraft involved. The only thing I did see was favor being shown amongst politically active members that were on the same side in Aussie politics.

Other than that its good fun and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Find a local lodge in your area and just go and talk to some of the guys there. Its quite easy to join, you must believe in a higher power and not have any felonies, though. Just get to know the members and fill out an application. There are yearly dues you have to pay and money you have to pay for each degree, I believe what you have to pay is different in each state but its not a lot of money. There are a lot of masons on here that I'm sure would be glad to answer any questions you have.

Oh and the shriners are the ones that run the childrens hospitals, in order to join the shriners you have to be a 3rd degree (master) mason.
edit on 15-3-2011 by jeasahtheseer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
A Freemason thread with not a single negative comment about them. I must be imagining things...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Not sure about your state, but in NC it cost $125 to get started, there is no charge for degrees, and your yearly dues are $65. Your initial $125 covers your first year dues.

You are a little confused about the side orders. Firstly there is masonry. It is called the blue lodge. that's where you get your first three degrees and it's the core of masonry. Once you are a 3rd degree master mason, you can join the side orders, one of which is the Shriners. It costs $300 to join the shrine and I am thinking their yearly dues are $100 a year. They have other activities that can get expensive, but only if you decide to become involved with them. Masonry is exactly what the masons of ATS claim it is. Nothing evil, and a great way to grow yourself spiritually and mentally. Not a religion and not a replacement for religion, just spiritual. Ask any questions you have either here or U2U any of us.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the information , I'm going by the lodge and talk to some of the members , and fill out an application

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Damn Dude, that is cheap. I thought that our Lodge was cheap at €120 per year and €350 initiation fees. The tytpical German Lodge can cost as much as €1000 for intiation and €600 per year.

To the OP, check Google for your nearest Lodge and simply mail them. They will meet you for a social drink and ask you what you expect to gain from FM and how you can contribute. However, be aware, they will not offer you an application form. You need to ask for one.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I am happy to hear that you are interested in the Freemasons, and that you have asked how to join of your own free will. It is important to note that Masons do not recruit, and that you must seek out membership with the fraternity on your own. With that being said, once you visit a local Lodge, they will not ask you to join, and they most likely, will not offer you a petition. If one wanted to receive a petition, he would have to ask for it directly. Also, what I would advise you doing is do a google search for the website of the Grand Lodge of the state that you live in. Make sure that you are joining a "Regular" lodge, where this means that they maintain Fraternal recognition with all of the other Grand Lodges in the United States. All of these Grand Lodges are Regular, meaning that they are not clandestine or irregular (as in their ritual is legitimate and they do not accept atheists or women). Lastly, I would advise that you visit multiple lodges in your state that are close to you. Each lodge has its own character and each one is different. One might not "fit in" with the brethren at one Lodge, but they might "fit in" with the brethren of a different lodge. So it is important to find the lodge where you "feel right." Also, usually, each lodge sets its own dues, and they make the decisions on the fees for the degrees, etc, so make sure to ask each one about this once you ask for a petition. (Also, it might not be the best idea to ask for a petition the first night you visit a lodge, get to know the lodge, its members, and learn from them about the lodge and Freemasonry before asking for a petition. It is always good to ask questions and it can never hurt, as long as you ask them the right way. The worst that could happen would be then telling you "You have to wait until you are a Mason to learn that one
.) Good luck and G-d Bless!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oberlin
A Freemason thread with not a single negative comment about them. I must be imagining things...
Don't worry, if will be deleted or moved to BTS once the mods realize what's going on...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
I have been seriously thinking about joining the Free Masons , I have looked into their society and realized how much good they do for the community , they raise money for burn victims , they support and raise money for Saint Jude hospital , they support our military , they help build playgrounds for children and hold functions for the mentally challenge . There is nothing evil about this organization , I would love to join, but I think you have to pay money to become a member , but I lack the funds at the moment.....They are call the shriner's here in the state of Georgia and they are really good people.

2b1ask1
That is all there is to it. They do a lot of good but according to this site it looks as if the freemasons run around the world inserting symbols everywhere.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've been a Master Mason just over a year. Joined Shrine and Scottish Rite. It has been an amazing ride with wonderful people! I originally looked at joining over 10 years ago, but let excuses stop me. It was the worst mistake I have made to not join back then.

I will proudly be in parades wearing a Fez and riding a mini bike, or at Reunion. Masonry has changed my life!

2B1 ASK1

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Damn Dude, that is cheap. I thought that our Lodge was cheap at €120 per year and €350 initiation fees. The tytpical German Lodge can cost as much as €1000 for intiation and €600 per year.

Most US Lodges are rather inexpensive, but membership dues haven't caught up with the times, and now many lodges are in financial difficulty. I expect dues and fees to be rising across the country in Masonic lodges soon. Lodges simply can't get by if they're only charging 50 bucks per year.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I expect dues and fees to be rising across the country in Masonic lodges soon. Lodges simply can't get by if they're only charging 50 bucks per year.

We just went from $65 to $90, with degree fees from $50 to $100 per (though degree swag is increasing), and I'm pretty sure that's still below average for Jacksonville and Florida in general. We do, however, have two incredible luxuries: two nearby universities with no Greek housing needing a place to rent for their initiations (which also serves as a pipeline, and was my first exposure to Masonry), and a cell tower on property that we can lease to carriers.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213
We do, however, have two incredible luxuries...and a cell tower on property that we can lease to carriers.

Does it broadcast microwave brain-control frequencies as well?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dokuja

Sorry Brother, I already am a Mason.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Yeah, this year we've doubled our dues, and taken the initiation fee up to $300 to cover all three degrees. Our grand lodge has increased the per capita to $25 so $60 a year for dues wasn't going to last long...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

How on earth can you survive on such low dues? With our prices, we can bearly hold our heads above wter.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Endowed is currently at $500, so I took that route this year before they raise that too. I'll still chip in to the general coffer when I can, because endowments aren't paying out worth a damn at the moment. Over the holidays I slipped the secretary a hundred to help cover costs of gift baskets to the widows of former members.

And yeah, we're probably on the low side locally. There's a recently rechartered strict observance lodge that ups their dues and endowments by the maximum amount they can every chance they get, but I don't really want to belong to a black-tie only lodge. Most of its members are plurals in other lodges anyway, but I guess they do have the funds to bring in guest speakers regularly...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

We are a fairly small Lodge of about 40 members, a hardcore of maybe a dozen of us that reguarly attend. Strangely enough, although we are an English Lodge governed by the Grand Lodge of British Freemansons in Germany, we have more Americans in our ranks than Brits.

Out fees are considered very cheap here. Still, with our regular socials, LOIs and Summons' we are still able to raise enough money for charity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join