It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not religious at all but....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

Somehow we have believed in an upside down, topsy turvy world. We saw the way it was when we were children but we had to be taught to see the world wrong before we could be called responsible adults.
When we were young we knew it was me, me, me. We knew the world revolved around us. When we shut our eyes the world disappeared. We knew this it was instinctual, but we soon had that beaten out of us.
We have believed that the world is solid and that it was here before i arrived and will be here after i depart.
When really the world appears in me for me.
The world appears as me.
I am that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Ugh...not this anti-science fecal matter again.

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
There is one glaring truth about the world that is made ever more clear day in and day out in these troubled times. Man cannot invent anything without screwing it up.

Electric lights, the written word, dehumidifiers, electric fans...

Here that all you scientists, inventors, and pride engorged people.

Pride-engorged? You do realize that you're using the internet, an invention made possible by 'scientists' and 'inventors', right?

We cannot invent one thing that is better than natural.

Internet. There's noting natural about it and it's a hell of a lot better than natural communication methods.

We can't even do devistation better than nature.

Well, we could if we wanted to...we just don't feel like creating the largest nuke we can and dropping it into a major fault line because we're not stupid.

Nuclear technology what a joke.

You do realize that nuclear power is humanity harnessing the natural process of nuclear fission, right? We even have evidence of naturally occurring nuclear reactors early in Earth's geologic history.

Every chemical creates a poison, for every 'supposed' benefit the detrimental side is worse.

Chemical? You do realize that everything material is a 'chemical', right? Dihydrogen monoxide, water. Wonder what the side effect to that one is...oh, urination.

Yes we have big screens, androids, an all types of trinkets.

We also have life saving drugs, better nutrition, longer lives (30 years added to the average life span since WW2), better access to information, better communication, the ability to survive better climates, etc....

But we also have gmos poison water and radioactivity.

Radioactivity is naturally occurring. GMOS aren't bad, they feed millions of people each year that would otherwise go hungry. I do, however, agree that poisoning water supplies is a bad idea and we should find alternatives to ruining water.

I think it all really took off with the patent process and synthetics. Since a natural substance cannot be patented they create these synthetic chemicals to taste or smell like the real thing.

Synthetics are regularly better than their natural versions. If you take a look at a great example that I'm sure you've used in your own life: aspirin. It is derived from a natural compound found in a certain tree bark...except they modified it and found a way to synthesize this modified version. What was the modification able to do? Well, it made it more potent and caused less stomach problems. It also allowed people to ingest a proper dosage without having to chew on a bunch of tree bark.

All these diseases and starvation were ravaged upon us in the name of progress.

...no, diseases and starvation are stopped by progress. You do realize that smallpox isn't a disease anymore, right? People also don't regularly die of dysentery anymore either. We also happen to feed a greater percentage of people using modern farming methods than we would if we used more 'natural' methods.

So you could have your diamond bracelet hundreds may have died. It is evident natural law is manifest here as well. As hypertension, anxiety and depression crush the overmedicated hope of the world. You see natural law or karma cannot be tricked it cannot be paid off or cheated.

Wow, so you just have a rant against modern society when you clearly display a lack of understanding of it. Also, you are using the internet.

We did not create the rules. Yes this means someone else or something else did. That other than is greater than us,its really a quite simple.

Or...maybe it all just happened naturally and we're a byproduct of natural forces. This is quite possibly the most overused argument for the existence of a 'creator' and it's the most easily thwarted: where is your evidence that something created things? You don't have any, you're just perpetuating a logical fallacy of false analogy.

Quite honestly, I don't get your point here. You're just lashing out at all sorts of things that you don't understand and are demonstrating clear signs that you've been misinformed by media outlets....frankly, what the hell is your point? That we have to live by natural law? Which one exactly? F=ma isn't exactly a way to live my life. E=mc^2 doesn't tell me anything about how to live my life.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
reply to post by Wonders

My God man. All we do is follow rules from the time we are forced to at birth.

We are led on a narrow path through the woods to someone else's idea of what right is. Most will not trust their heart most will conform for the sake of peer pressure rather than truly belong.

Looking inward isn't novel just the path of most resistance, at first then it becomes A chance at a truly courageous way of creating.

Claiming that people are forcing you to do things just doesn't cut it. I don't believe in "immunizations", I don't believe in evolution, and I don't believe aliens are sneaky benevolent helpers. Who are you to say who is trusting their heart or not? Just because I believe that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord, it doesn't mean that I'm not trusting my heart. You may not care enough to even seek to validate the claims made by others but I have, and I KNOW FOR A FACT that Jesus is real and that he loves you and me and I know that just because he loves us it doesn't mean that we all get to heaven. Unlike most "spiritual" people, I know that our works DO IN FACT count and matter to God and that God does not view everyone's good deeds as dirty rags. To say that people can do fine without any guidance whatsoever is a gross falsehood.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

How do you "KNOW FOR A FACT" that jesus is real? Because YOU believe so? I disagree... If I say i KNOW FOR A FACT that Jesus is fictional... Am i right?... Didn't think so...

edit on 22-3-2011 by mcsteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You wrote:

["We cannot invent one thing that is better than natural. We can't even do devistation better than nature."]

I am a relatively welinformed and experienced practitioners of natural medicine and 'reiki'-healing. There are a lot of things contemporay medicine can do better than what my methods can offer (and in some cases vice versa).

Quote: ["Since a natural substance cannot be patented they create these synthetic chemicals to taste or smell like the real thing."]

Maybe not 'substance' as such, but many seeds and grains created by good old-fashioned selection amongst natural variations (selective breeding) are actually patented.

Quote: ["All these diseases and starvation were ravaged upon us in the name of progress. So you could have your diamond bracelet hundreds may have died"]

And thousands have lived. Average life-span has doubled with the advent of modern methods.

Quote: ["It is evident natural law is manifest here as well."]

Then maybe natural law is over-rated if it kills us at half-period.

Quote: ["As hypertension, anxiety and depression crush the overmedicated hope of the world. You see natural law or karma cannot be tricked it cannot be paid off or cheated."]

I'm quite sure, that you would put 'karma' where the sun doesn't shine, if your children would be starving to death and technology could provide food for them.

Quote: ["We did not create the rules. Yes this means someone else or something else did. That other than is greater than us,its really a quite simple."]

Possibly...possibly not.

Quote: ["Now do I know for certain because Jesus or king James or the Koran or Torah tell me.
No, once again quite simply the only way we can know anything about our Creator is to know ourselves. To turn inward not outward for knowledge and guidence. Does that mean these books are not of value? No but they are not the rule book."]

Like in this example of yours, I'm very critical to absolutes.

Quote: ["Natural law is the rule book. That's how the game is played."]

I'm ALSO critical to YOUR absolute. Don't trust the movie 'Avatar' (or similar propaganda)too much. It is after all only propaganda. And black/white answers are seldom the only option. A balanced complementary method can be very functional.

edit on 22-3-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I have noticed that you use the term absolute and absolutes very frequently in your posts, this is a word that i do not understand in the context you use them. Can you explain what you mean when you say absolute and absolutes. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsteve
reply to post by Wonders

How do you "KNOW FOR A FACT" that jesus is real? Because YOU believe so? I disagree... If I say i KNOW FOR A FACT that Jesus is fictional... Am i right?... Didn't think so...

edit on 22-3-2011 by mcsteve because: (no reason given)

Does it matter my friend?

I do not know that the author of the instructions used to put together a bicycle is real either, but I know if I follow those instructions, I will have a bicycle that I can ride.

Why worry about the flesh of the matter, when it is the spirit that leads to a more blissful life?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by bogomil

I have noticed that you use the term absolute and absolutes very frequently in your posts, this is a word that i do not understand in the context you use them. Can you explain what you mean when you say absolute and absolutes. Thank you.

It means an ultimate truth or ultimate reality, which in no way can be regressed.

Hope this is an answer.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

it took me two minute's to find out that it was pierre and ernest michaux that invented the bicycle. do you have any real evidence that your god exists without preaching your non truths that through real science fact we are time and time again proving to be just that non truths

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redfezbudking
reply to post by IAMIAM

it took me two minute's to find out that it was pierre and ernest michaux that invented the bicycle. do you have any real evidence that your god exists without preaching your non truths that through real science fact we are time and time again proving to be just that non truths

Those two minutes may have been better used examining some of my posts and threads that I have started to see if I may have already covered your question else where. Even better, you could have used it to try to understand the metaphor I was using in the "Instruction Manual" above. Better still, your two minutes could have been used to make a positive contribution to your own life rather than attempt to waste mine with redundant arguments that have been made time and again by fools and sages alike.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

i feel that my two minutes contributed to my life in that i learned who invented the bicycle and after a further few minutes pondering im still not getting your instruction manual theory

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

i feel that my two minutes contributed to my life in that i learned who invented the bicycle and after a further few minutes pondering im still not getting your instruction manual theory

Here ya go...

Link

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

a very good post but you cant just explain god off as evrything and anything. as science gets ever closer to understanding how our universe came into existence the walls of your theory keep crashing down

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

a very good post but you cant just explain god off as evrything and anything. as science gets ever closer to understanding how our universe came into existence the walls of your theory keep crashing down

I can do anything I like. So can you. God is everything and that is not a new understanding, but one that pre-dates written thought on the subject. Science is just a method of explaining how the parts work. It is merely a process, a tool for observation. Science cannot prove everything, never has and never will. It will forever be a work in progress.

So as to whether or not God is real, well I am not thoroughly convinced YOU are real either. So, while I cannot prove you exist, I will just take it on faith that you exist as much as everything else which as a whole I call God.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
man made booze
God made weed

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Im a new comer to this site and have posted a few comments here and there..but I do read most of the threads everyday. What is comical to me is that everyone agrees on one thing. You all disagree. I wish you could all put your hate aside for a week, put all your religious ideologies aside, and use what God gave all of us. Our brains and our hearts.

You all make comments about political fighting and bickering, but all of us on here do it. Its part of being human. Instead of having an agenda (like a politician does) why not wipe the slate clean so to speak and work your differences out. Be polite to each other. Use good judgement and logical problem solving. Dont go blindly following what you have been told all your life. The people that told you how to live your life have a reason for doing so. Investigate that reason and the come to an educated and logical conclusion. This could be a wonderful site for all of us if we work together, somewhat like a think tank. Imagine the resources of the members on ATS, and what we could accomplish if we put those resources to use.

I would ask the mods to issue an open challenge to all ATS members that for 1 week we have a thread dedicated to problem solving. In this thread we pic a topic of discussion and with facts, logic, and scientific data perhaps we could make a logical assumption on the facts presented.

Thanks and hope that something would come out of this.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

i can assure you i am as real as you or anyone else on this site. i do think you put up a good argument(most people just pass athiests of as ignorant) but sorry im still not going to convert to any religion

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

i can assure you i am as real as you or anyone else on this site. i do think you put up a good argument(most people just pass athiests of as ignorant) but sorry im still not going to convert to any religion

This is precisely what I was talking about when I said you haven't taken the time to understand my position through my postings on this forum before you jumped the gun with "you have no proof of God". I am not here to convert you. I am not here to make you a believer. I support your right to have your view. I will defend your disbelief of a God with my life. I find your view as valuable as anyone else's for without those who disbelieve and question deity, mankind would still be worshipping rocks.

So your demand for proof is as silly as me demanding proof that YOU exist. It is irrelevant. If God wanted you to KNOW he was present, you would have had the same life experience as I have. God has something different in store for you. Who knows, maybe you will find the next big discovery in quantum physics because of your constant questioning.

I do not do conversions. I am a man of peace. My only purpose for even posting on ATS is to help each find the way to living in peace with each other through understanding. Maybe if you took some time to understand my position, you would not bother trying to demand proof of another's belief, but rather explore the world on your own in a way that leads to the same remarkable discoveries I have. You may not find God at the end, but you WILL find something awe inspiring. Such is the nature of this existence.

Love one another, and leave the proving of God to God.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 29-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I,HAVE SOMETHING I'D LIKE YOU ALL TO READ,THAT I,POSTED ON FACEBOOK TO A ARTICLE. ‘Israel is Driving Drunk’ Catholic Priest & Professor Joins Anti -Israel Protest at Minnesota State.
www.theblaze.com
The Blaze is a news, information and opinion site brought to you by Glenn Beck and a dedicated team of writers, journalists & video producers. Our goal is to post, report and analyze stories of interest on a wide range of topics from politics and culture to faith and family.
THIS IS PROOF ,I FOUND IN A BOOK,MUST GET AND READ,VERY INTERESTING.IT MAY HELP THE WORLD SEE,FACTS ON THE TEMPLE MT........BETWEEN MUSLIMS AND JEWS

Melody Edington I, am for israel,that is gods land,and the Jews,we should leave them alone in peace.i stand with Israel! i am a christian,I, believe my bible and facts and truth about that land. also in the Quran it is stated that Muhammad had a dream of going to Israel,i will get the quotes to show all.like our rev elater john did of going to heaven. i love all,but it is documented in books in Hebrew,Quran,and our books.i don't want to start trouble.I, do believe that you have the rgt to chose what you what to believe in as for faith.
about an hour ago · Like
Melody Edington in the book,called a brief guide to al=-haram al-sharif,on page 4 ,published by the supreme moslem council,in 1924,and in the 1950.says,the site is one of the oldest in the world,its site is of the solomn temple,beyond dispute,this to is the spot accounding to the universal belief is where david built a alter TO the lord,and offered burnt offerings there.
about an hour ago · Like
Melody Edington on page 16 it says,in the west walll a chamber ,a door,to solomons stables.,accounding to josephus,it was in existance ,with thejews,until conquest of jerusalem,by titus in the year,70 ad.
about an hour ago · Like
Melody Edington also on page 16 it says,the first flight of stairs,in a small chamber,is believed to be with jesus infancy,and underneath,the dome,is a small niche lyinh hortizonally,which was believed to have been the cradle of christ,and referred to under that name by several arab historian.,so what are to think after reading this in their books.
59 minutes ago · Like
Melody Edington in the QURAN,IT SAYS IN SURA 17:1,GLORY TO HIM,WHO CARRIED HIS SERVANT BY NIGHT FROM SACARED MOSQUE,IN MECCA,TO THE REMOTE,MOSQUE IN JERUSALEM,THE PASSAGE REFERS TO A MYSTICAL NIGHT RIDE MUHAMMAD PURPORTLY HAD IN AD 621,WHEN,A WINGED,DONKEY-LIKE CREATURE CALLED AL-BURAQ BROUGHT HIM FROM MECCA TO JERUSALEM,AND BACK.
50 minutes ago · Like
Melody Edington A ROUND TRIP OF 1,510 MILES,IN A SINGLE NIGHT.TRADITION SAYS MUHAMMAD ASCENDED TO HEAVEN FROM JERUSALEM,AND LED ALL PHOPHETS IN PRAYER IN THE MASJID AL-AQSA.BUT THEY SAY IT WAS MYSTICAL.,THE MUSLIM SCHOLAR,MUAULANA MUHAMMAD ALI,SAID,THE ASCENSION WAS NOT A TRANSLATION OF THE BODY,BUT THE SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE OF THE HOLY PROPHET.THE BOOK OF THE QURAN,EXISTED IN BOOK FORM IN 632.
44 minutes ago · Like
Melody Edington A MUSLIMS STRUCTURE WASN'T ON THE TEMPLE MT,UNTIL 638
42 minutes ago · Like
Melody Edington SO WHAT ARE WE TO THINK?
42 minutes ago · Like

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join