It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants felony charge for downloading copyrighted material on internet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Entertainment industry refuses to evolve so people take advantage of that. If you're stupid enough to leave something worth value outside of your store you deserve to have it stolen. No, stores evolve and put it inside the store. Now people cant run off with things as easily init? You want people to stop watching your movies for free? Offer them online for a price instead of forcing people to run out to the theatre everytime they want to watch a movie. I heard Netflix works well. People are downloaded games? Well stop being a retard and sell them on your website instead of forcing people to get off their lazy ass and walk to walmart at 2am.

You know I have to admit that business men in America are some of the biggest cry babies Ive ever seen in my life. WAH I made a mistake now have the people bale me out! Do it or Ill throw a tantrum! WAH we dont want to change the way we do business because technology has gotten better throw them in prison! And what does the Government do? Nod their head and sign bills.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The only reality is the old one..and its evolving into everything for free. I think you forget about the young girl who writes a song in her kitchen, gets it copyrighted to protect it...and some rapper hears it and samples it...giving her no credit at all...least of all any $$$ for her work.

Thats it in a nutshell. Its not so much the "suits" doing this...its "Joe and Joan Average" the everyday musician and author hoping what they created gets played and liked and bought by a lot of people and they maybe get heard and maybe famous too.

The world is changing in that regard. I have lawyers in New York, LA, London, The Netherlands, and Australia-Asia for my own group (Ive never divulged my identity or who we are, but we are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Billboards Top 100 Rock and Roll Groups of all time)...but Ive always thought that irrelevant: I just wanted to be like everyone else here: a poster.

That being said...the world now DOES have to make way for the multiple downloads, sampling and uploads and sharing because society invented it and technology supports it...so along we go for the ride. How will it end for the average musician-songwriter? Not sure.

Can we protect our creations and videos and recordings? Frankly? Now-a-days I dont see how...But still? If we want to release anything on a large scale across the board for around the world (and every national and international release requires copyrights)...and you cant even RELEASE anything with any big company without one. Its an absolute must legally.

So whats this mean? The world has to change. To someplace where people can share freely, and the creators gets credit (and some money) for their original work...before Ja Rule or someone samples it, makes a zillion off of it like Rhianna did with a few of "her" songs...which they werent, and some now think forever that they WERE hers...and thats sad.

Peace

PS I AM a member of the RIAA (Recording Artists of America) and I take offense at the OP calling me a 'scumbag'. Every artist you know...is a member. Beatles, Zepplin, Don and Marie...Metallica..Rod Stewart...Michael Jackson...Eminem. Scumbags?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: insults

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: ???

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thats just plain stupid... Obama is pissing me off. Kind of makes you wonder why they put a half black guy in power... was it to make the W.A.S.P.'s look less evil? We all know they are behind it anyway, filthy scum. lol

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I wouldnt call them scumbags but they are possibly detached from reality when it comes to issues like this. I see the majority of the 'rappers' or 'rock stars' as a bunch of spoiled brats that care nothing about the fan or the industry and care only about making boats and boats of money. Are all top musicians like this? Of course not, but why would I want to support someone like that? Why would anyone want to be a 'fan' of someone like that? To be honest I feel that it is these big 'musicians' blaming poor sales on piracy and copyright infringement because they refuse to see the true problem with the way they conduct their business. Its like a dvd or video game that released and get poor reviews. It couldnt possibly be the the fact that the product is horrible... no it must be those damn pirates!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Again..the artists, musicians, songwriters, composers, arrangers in the RIAA...ALL of us...famous and not...are not scumbags. You may be implying the businessmen in suits are...but not us.

Without our stuff anyway...you'd have nothing to steal...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join