It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walter Reddy Raided By SWAT....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

He is the founder of Comittees Of Safety BTW for those not familiar with him. More injustice thanks to the damn Patriot Act....
edit on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:46:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Who is this guy?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm glad things are coming to a head right now. If they weren't, before long a thought would be reason enough for a SWAT raid....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hard to comment with only one side being presented. Found a Blog where he is said to promote violence and is involved with the LaRouch Crowd. Is he?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not that I know of, I just know about him fighting hard to get the militia reinstated, through legal means.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here is the website of the organization.
www.committeesofsafety.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What I find wrong about this, if what he said was true.... The patriot act made them able to write their own warrant, with no judge oversight. Which is convenient, as only a crackpot judge would sign a warrant, on the word of a man that wouldn't even sign an affadaivate stating his claim.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've met some of the Freemen leaders and their membership often crosses over with the Aryan Nation and the LaRouche bunch. Nothing but criminals and thugs. Some I met in the early 1990's are in prison now and deservedly so from what I saw of them.

Meeting them taught me a lesson about these groups. They are not always as they seem.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

There are a lot of people out there that aren't what they seem. Where did you get the freeman connection by the way? I was under the impression they want nothing to do with the system at all, wouldn't make much sense for a freeman to be trying to legally reinstate the militia. Why would he feel the need for permission, just form it yourself regardless?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It would be smart if this was a trap site made by the government to catch and keep patriots in check. Think about the advantages the Internet gives the government when it comes to information.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Along with Blaine91555's alleged first-hand account with the Freemans and the following link I believe we can safely assume that the Committees of Safety isn't exactly 100% rainbows and unicorns.

Truthful or Deceiving?
edit on 15-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hmmmm, that guys credibility does seem to be on shaky ground. Hopefully there are followups, and if he is not truthful reality report rips the guy a new one for making them look stupid. There is always that slim chance he isn't lying, and jerk or not, if it went down like he said, still a victim of the patriot act.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Apparently Reddy organized the 1st TEA party protest in 2007. I guess the government wants the American people to know that dissent will get you noticed by the PATRIOT act and you will be disarmed because it has become clear that merely owning guns can be cause for a patriot to have his legally owned firearms confiscated by government.

Railroading of Walter Reddy: Patriot's Legally Owned Guns Seized

Ready had organized the first modern-day Tea Party rally, a December 2007 rally at Boston's Faneuil Hall that featured the then-little-known Rand Paul as a keynote speaker. Rand Paul, an eye surgeon and son of Rep. Ron Paul, has since gone on to become the most prominent U.S. Senator associated with the Tea Party movement.

The following facts are undisputed by both sides of the legal argument over possession of guns:

• Police in Weston, Connecticut, based in part upon an unsubstantiated FBI statement that Reddy was a "person of interest" in a domestic terrorism investigation, executed a search and seizure warrant at Reddy's home on February 14 that involved the local SWAT team. The police took a pump-action shotgun and an antique revolver from Reddy.

• Walter Reddy has no criminal record of any kind.

• Reddy was never charged with a crime, but his legally held guns were taken from him anyway. He is, however, a widely known constitutional political activist and persistent critic of big government.

• Reddy repeatedly asked for an opportunity to get a lawyer before a February 25 hearing on possession of his guns, and was denied his request.

• The chief witness brought by the state against Reddy explicitly stated that Reddy had never acted in a threatening or violent way.

• No other witness even attempted to claim that Reddy was threatening or violent.

Prosecutors also stressed during the seizure hearing that the search uncovered that Reddy had a joke "grenade" in his possession, and that Reddy was a danger because this hollowed-out grenade (picture a novelty grenade on an office desk with the sign "Complaints: Take a number" with a number one attached to the pin) indicated a propensity to violence. Pointing out that lawyers are often sold the same novelty items, Secola stressed: "Attached to this motion is a picture of an inert grenade sold to lawyers as a novelty for 'free legal advice.' Is this a 'weapon' subject to seizure in this state?" Secola concluded: "Being weapons experts, the SWAT police clearly knew these were inert grenades and they should have never been seized. They were not weapons. They were seized to prejudice the defendant and this ploy appears to have succeeded."

The New American

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This story has too many inconsistencies and there is no evidence to back up what he is saying. He is seeking attention. Great advertising though. Good for the donate button on his Committees of Safety site - an organization which is doing nothing of substance.

top topics

join