It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeon General: Buying Iodide a "Precaution"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It does NOTHING to protect you from exposure to other deadly radioactive elements.

I didn't see anyone here or elsewhere assert that it did. But what I did see was you essentially assert that it offered no benefit at all.

That is obviously wrong.

Using your logic, a firefighter shouldn't wear fire resistant gear because it wont protect him from smoke inhalation or from being crushed by falling debris.

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
But, I suppose it is more like faith and religion...

Not really. But if you are comfortable in believing so...to each his own...

edit on 16-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well kids...they offer about the best that can be offered except sitting on a mountain top someplace hoping the winds dont shift.

Its really upsetting to think too...that its about the only fall-back on fall-out we have. You'd think the government and science could have come up with more options. Not yet.

I guess thats what we get for fooling with Mother Nature for our own purposes. And she's not a bit happy with us..and we can tell...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
does anyone know why all the media outlets and news anchors seem so upset about americans buying potassium iodide? i dont get it why they are so worried about it. are they maybe afraid there wont be any for them because of the run on it? 2 weeks ago they would think it was fine and would interview and and say how smart a person would be for trying to be prepared for any disaster. get over it already. people dont wanna die and will take necessary steps to protect their families and themselves. this is what is happening. there is a very serious threat going down right now and quite frankly there hasnt been one honest or unconflicting report during this whole disaster. if you dont want it, dont buy it. but quit your busy body attitudes and trying to get up into everyones business. if i wanna pick my butt and sniff my hand it is my business not yours. and if i wanna be prepared because i am 50 years old and this is the worst tragedy i have seen in my lifetime and the winds do carry from asia to the U.S., then that is my business also. worry about yourself!!
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

I am concerned about it myself. It is a great precaution, as long as it is taken at the right time, and as long as it is taken in the correct dosages. It can also be very dangerous for overdoses and can actually kill a thyroid gland.

The States have emergency supplies of Potassium Iodide for disaster situations and exposures. The States are not worried about everyone buying up the supply. We are worried about people overreacting and as some posters on ATS have said, "Eating that stuff like candy."

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ironic how this worked out for me...

Several months ago I bought some organic kelp powder for a different purpose. For some reason, I got confused by the quantities in question and ended up with 14 lbs of the stuff!!!!!!

Maybe I should start selling it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If it comes to the USA, then this may be when you BOB to a cave, parking garage, bank vault, sewer pipes,
stay in your basement, visit your local dumbs, travel to South Africa or Austrialia, travel down a salt mine, etc....
Move to the bottom of South America. Mamouth cave can fit a few thousand people. This is the time to have dug a personal underground shelter on your property. Someone please invent clean free energy.....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Maybe very serindipity for you, as I have just read....

Potassium Iodide: There is already a worldwide deficiency of this product as people are buying this up. I personally think this product is a bit harsh and toxic and inferior to Nascent Iodine, but effective for acute radio-iodine exposure. Use as directed.

Sea Vegetables: Kelps are considered the highest in iodine, and contain the co-factors for proper iodine absorbtion. The good news is that sea vegetables taste great and thus you can still have the best time ever making a seaweed rich dinner while preparing for the worst disaster ever.

Ashwagandha extract: Ashwagandha acts as an adaptogen against stress and has been shown to regrow nerves.christianbates.com...

The thyroid loves coconut oil and maca for its hormone precursor constituents.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
sodium iodine is good for you.
it helps the thyroid gland.
there is a ATS post some ware!
just take in low does.
and check for allergic.

reply to post by Akragon

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I went to go see what I paid...it was approximately $4 a pound.

I just checked Amazon for the same item.....It is now $27.99 a pound!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good job on the title fix OP, you get a shiny star for it, even if it was forced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join