It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Scientists theorize LHC could be used to communicate through time.

page: 1
8

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Very interesting:
Time Machine

The article describes a hypothetical particle called a Higgs singlet that could be used to communicate through time.

Of course whether this is true or not is all wrapped up in the validity of string theory, but we'll probably know whether or not the Higgs singlet exists when they find the Higgs boson (well, if)

The full version of the article, by Tom Weiler and Chui Man Ho appears at arXiv.org

This is just something I thought was neat so I thought I'd post it.

I really doubt we'd be able to send any message into the past, because they would have no way to receive it. The reason I suppose this really excites me is that if theory is right, it would at least be a possibility to for us to build a machine to receive messages from the future, or maybe convert the LHC into such a device.
edit on 15-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because: link

edit on 15-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because: missing an at.




posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush
 


Great find.

Although the process would not neccessarily be controllable. It's not like you could pick a particular date and time you wished to send info to.

... and they still haven't pinned down enough evidence for the Higgs.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by thedarklingthrush
 


Great find.

Although the process would not neccessarily be controllable. It's not like you could pick a particular date and time you wished to send info to.

... and they still haven't pinned down enough evidence for the Higgs.


I know. That's why I noted we would know for sure when/if we find the Boson and that building such a time machine would only be a possibility.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is kinda humorous...Distress Signal Thread

but still leaves the question for me...what if it works? I mean what if the LHC Starts to blow the world up and they try to send a message back in time, to warn us not to build it...

if anything I would watch that plotline on TV



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Easy way to get a new research grant.

They just need to say:
"In 3 years, we intend to send a higgs singlet back in time so that it will arrive here (point finger to where it will appear), in a week from Tuesday at 3pm."

Then..

Sit in a comfortable armchair by the spot,
Have a few beers, and wait.

If it doesn't arrrive,
you failed.

It's all in the 'intention'.
Afterall, they could start making the equiptment 3 weeks after the due date,...

paradox???



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is exactly what John Titor was talking about.

*Cue spooky music



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush


I really doubt we'd be able to send any message into the past, because they would have no way to receive it. The reason I suppose this really excites me is that if theory is right, it would at least be a possibility to for us to build a machine to receive messages from the future, or maybe convert the LHC into such a device.
edit on 15-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because: link

edit on 15-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because: missing an at.


That's not necessarily true... It could be possible to send messages into the past providing we live in a superuniverse with infinite possibilities. We may not be the first to communicate through time, it could be Hitler who has the first communicating machine.
edit on 15-3-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
they have it wrong again,there is no such particle called the higgs particle or the higgs singlet.the higgs particle is a theorized explanation for mass however its clear mass is alla bout gravitational force,ie that particles can strecth the fabric of space time and cause a volume pressure effect ie that particles like gasses gravitate towrds areas of thin space time as there is less space time resistance there akin to how gasses fow from high pressure areas to low pressure areas,matter fllows from high pressure areas of space time to low pressure areas as space time induces a volume pressure upon matter.

If the higgs particle wsa true why then does mass always mimcing exactly the dynamics of gravity?,the close relationship between mass and gravity demonstrates the link between the two.

If any physicist says they believe in the higgs boson discount them immediately they dont have a clue about physics.

In regards to time travel particles all one has to do is tear a hole in the fabric of space time and reach hyoerspace,this can be achieved via hypervelocity particles and hyper spin particles,enough velocity and spin can tear a hole in space time.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes
 


Cool man, when can I ride your Time Machine?


But in all seriousness I think when they find the higgs boson its not going to be exactly what they're expecting
edit on 16-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because:



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush
 


This paper proves that billions of dollars in research funding are controlled by total idiots.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
*downs drink*



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by thedarklingthrush
 


This paper proves that billions of dollars in research funding are controlled by total idiots.



Please, enlighten us..

What are all the smart people doing?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes
 


Cool man, when can I ride your Time Machine?


But in all seriousness I think when they find the higgs boson its not going to be exactly what they're expecting
edit on 16-3-2011 by thedarklingthrush because:


they wont be finding a higgs boson its a non existant particle.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes
 


You don't have to restate what you already said, sir.

Excuse me if I don't take your word for it.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
They make it difficult to track the paper down. Initial searches on Authors' names yielded no results, but with some determination I was able to locate the paper:

Causality Violating Higgs Singlets at the LHC

It could also point to the existence of extra dimensions. Ah, the illusive Higgs.

By 2019 it's a phone app judging by the number of T-Mobile messages from December 2019.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
They make it difficult to track the paper down. Initial searches on Authors' names yielded no results, but with some determination I was able to locate the paper:

Causality Violating Higgs Singlets at the LHC

It could also point to the existence of extra dimensions. Ah, the illusive Higgs.

By 2019 it's a phone app judging by the number of T-Mobile messages from December 2019.


Awesome thanks for posting that. Too bad this thread pretty much fell in the dump bin because someone else started one on the same subject some hours after this one.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush
 


Awww. Well I did a search here after seeing the info in the news and your thread came up first.


Anyway, great thread. It stands to reason that subatomic particles popping in and out of existence point to extra dimensions as well as travel through time. Verifying it through experimental results is key. Hope they are on to something.




top topics



 
8

log in

join