It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Downtown Tokyo: An ATS Member Reports

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I myself am also amazed at the lack of looting during this crisis in Japan.
I wonder if there is a connection between this and the fact that I have never seen a Japanese, or any Asian for that matter, pan handle for money???

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

It is ok to take the tin foil hat off sometimes............. especially when reason and logic are staring you in the face.

Not everything is a mystery, you are not being lied to 24/7.

Not only that, but you are being disrespectfull to a member of these boards that has taken the time to bring something other than wild speculation to the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What is wrong with some of you people?
taking things personally about someone you dont even know, passing judgment , having holier than thou attitudes, pointing fingers at the man enjoying life, even in the midst of disaster, yes its true many are suffering, but my friends, there isn't much we can do about it, stop having fun, stop going to work, stop eating steak and only eat uncooked potatoes in solidarity for our Japanese brethren... I dont think so.

There is so much we can do, donate if you want, send relief effort or whatever people, if you dont like the OP´s attitude ignore him, but dont get preachy please, this is neither the time or place for moral "knowhow"

Keep em coming OP! ignore the children, lets see them reacting in the midst of danger like you are, I bet half of the naysayers would be crapping their pants with even less!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2011 by deccal because: frak me

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

He's in just as much danger right now because he hasn't left. When or if he leaves then he's not in as much danger. Don't take it so personal. He's had nothing but nice things to say about Japan and the people, what should he do? Go live in a tent outside of Fukushima?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

What about buying stuff in Japan like he's doing while he's staying there? That helps stimulate the economy which frankly Japan needs right now FAR more than a prayer.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
What is wrong with some of you people?
taking things personally about someone you dont even know, passing judgment , having holier than thou attitudes, pointing fingers

Keep em coming OP! ignore the children, lets see them reacting in the midst of danger like you are, I bet half of the naysayers would be crapping their pants with even less!

Wow. Short term memory ?
Preach more, brother.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by silent thunder

Your life is NOT in as much danger as anyone else there. You can leave, the Japanese citizen's cannot. You paint this pretty picture when it's not a pretty picture at all. Over 11,000 people are dead. A few even died in Tokyo. But you just go right ahead and live it up with every other materialistic, self centered, rich fat cat that doesn't care about those people.

You have no idea who I am, why I'm here, what I risk; what deeper feelings and experiences and motivations lie below surface attitudes. I'm guessing you have led a rather sheltered life.

I could go on to justify myself and explain further, but why bother? It's just a messageboard, right?

I wanted to keep a running commentary on ATS, including photos, but you know what? I don't have to take this kind of treatment from posters such as yourself on top of everything else I have to deal with right now.

Thread finished..

Logging out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've noticed lots of people asking about Japanese media compared to over seas. I'm an American obsessed with Japanese culture so I already knew this, but here's a link to a live video for NHK World, translated into English.

NHK World

All I've noticed is that here in the US some media are twisting the tale a bit I think. It feels weird to realize that while all this time I've been watched subtitled Japanese anime, learning parts of the language, and so on- with this disaster I feel like I -NEED- to go over there and help somehow.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ok I have a statement to make people.

If we have resorted to flying CH47's to scoop up water to dump in these reactors. This is bad very bad.

If we can only drop water from aircraft.

One god bless our soldiers in the craft over head. Be safe guys as your taking so serios dosing.

Two. This is bad that he only way toll cool it is by dropping water from above.

This means that it is melting down period. Meltdown active.

I'm afraid very afraid for my freinds safety.

Who is the member who I just saw posting picks from Tokyo station ... Sorry I cannot remeber his name. Slayer something sorry dud I just posted to your thread and I cannot think of your name sorry dude.

Please someone tell him they are trying to cool the reactor by orther means other than dropping water from above. This is the worst case scenerio.

If your not pumping in water and circulating it from the bottom up that stuff is never going to cool. It take a long time for it to cool. If it is not getting a steady stream that water is just boiling contantly that means the fuel is burning. We are all going to be screwed. SStarting with the ocean which is in the process of being damaged right now as I type.

This is bad people . I think the worst case scenerio is upon us now.

This is the impending worst case here people it is happening right before your eyes. Go on the news web sites and look at the picks that is what is happening right now.

MELT DOWN catastrophic failure cannot be stopped it is only 2 day away. If that. if it last more than five days I will be shocked.

I just bought som potassium Iodide at rite aid in my town. They would only sell me one and their is a sign one per customer.

I was going to buy it all but they would not let me. They only have one box of 50 containers and ten bottles left on the shelf. My wifes is on here way right now to go buy more. I am planning on sending then out to my friends but I'm afraid they may get taken when they arrive and gets checked in customs.

What can I do?

Please let this not be the casee.

Please tell me they are pumping water in. God please tell me they are.

I'm in fear for my friends, iim in fear for the soldiers there trying to help. We are putting their lives at stake to avert a mass casualty causing event of epic proportions.

God help us all. i'm on the east coast and have been following this link which for some reason is not updating anymore. Is it working for any of you please check it it is a detector for Cesium speading from the plant. it was working and from what I can see it is old data.

www.zamg.ac.at...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XSilencedxdream

Honestly if there were some sort of transportation for volunteers I'd be on the first plane to fly over and help.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Who is the member who I just saw posting picks from Tokyo station ... Sorry I cannot remeber his name. Slayer something sorry dud I just posted to your thread and I cannot think of your name sorry dude.

SilentThunder?????

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yes silent thunder.

He's decided to stop posting though because of a few people badgering him.
edit on 16-3-2011 by OneEyedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Any way, its been fun, but why hate his attitude?
Why hold anything against this man?
do what you all must to feel better, pray, fast, roll around, etc, at the end of the day my Japanese brothers will endure whatever they have to just like we will.

ANyhow, all points of view are greatly appreciated specially the ones that are contrary to what I argument!
I´m sure if we all share happy thoughts , the pain will go away.

And once again, the executioner squad has made the wisest choice for weapons: words!

edit on 16-3-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

you already seem to be radiated..but please dont use these messageboards as an unnecessary fear spreading medium. calm down and have a nice sleep.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i don't blame him one bit for logging out.

i would too.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i don't blame him one bit for logging out.

i would too.

He has brains. It's not any fun trying to write updates to your story when you are on the back foot defending some silly misunderstanding.

Anyhow, hopefully he begins another thread when there are further developments in his story. It's a great asset to have people who are in Japan who are able to post about what's happening. We certainly aren't getting a clear idea from Japanese media.

Did anyone see that last Japanese press release? How stage managed was that!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Nor do I, but it's our loss. The picture of the city with the lights dimmed and the trons dark was probably the most poignant I've seen- not raw. Deeply telling of the effect.
Silent Thunder, I don't "know" you, but I hope you see my thanks for sharing your perspective. It's nice to see "just" real without all the intensity and media hype.
Be safe and well!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join