It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distress signal from dying Planet decoded...British Files with info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
People...please dont star or flag until you have investigated or read the info!! I now have doubts on the veracity of the whole thing. Duuuuh.

OK, I have not heard a thing about this before today, and have checked ATS to make sure it has not been previously posted. If it has, Mods chuck this in the bin!

It seems that amongst the files released by the British recently there was a file regarding a signal received years ago that was decoded eventually. See source link below where message is explained.
So a distress message is received from a dying Planet where major catastrophes are taking place and apparently this was sent when dinosaurs still roamed Earth.
A Dr Victor ( Viktor?) Kulakov from Moscow is apparently doing some investigation.

Interested to see where this leads, if anywhere. And has anyone heard of this before??

NASA experts claim to have intercepted an intergalactic distress call from an alien civilization that had already peaked and was actually dying when saber-tooth tigers still roamed the earth!

Source
edit on 15-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

ETA it was 1998 when Dr Kulakov was involved.....hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Possibly a time warp ,alas i believe the message was sent from earth ,present day.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Actually I sent it a while back. Sadly NASA got the decoding wrong.

I only ordered a PiZZA.

it was still has not arrived.

Trust no one

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Argh beat me to it as i was typing virtually the same thing, Amusing story though, if it was from beyond Andromeda wouldn't their radio signal have needed to be huge, like, really really huge.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
weakly world news.

nuff said

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I have just noticed that! In my haste to post some exciting news I then went back for a better look and presto. Yep, that puts a perspective on things.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
But it says it was in the UKs UFO archive. I assume this should exist somewhere in the files, not weekly world news....

Anyone have them? 7th...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

This is from the joke news site Weekly World News and was mentioned in a declassified document.

That doesn't make it somehow legit, they were just talking about a joke.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
weakly world news.

nuff said

Ok, reality check. ATS is a new generations version of weekly world news. Look at the amount of disinformation, hoaxes, and utter bs that people pass off as real....

I'm just saying.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

No it was from the Weekly World News. They have all sorts of "I had sex with a green moon woman and now I have this itch" type joke stories.

Google it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The Weekly World News is by the Publishers own description an "Adult Comic Book" and it's not our fault if "people believe it".

The stories there are mostly fabricated out of thin air. It's presented in the format of a Tabloid, but it's not intended to be taken as real. It's like Actors who put on the fake Wrestling for show, it's fake and scripted, but some still choose to believe it's real.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good one

edit on 15-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by amongus

No it was from the Weekly World News. They have all sorts of "I had sex with a green moon woman and now I have this itch" type joke stories.

Google it.

Dude, you misread my post. I know wth weekly world news is pal..I'm just saying, this website could be viewed as wwn for a new generation w the amount of crap posted.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You may well be right and I alluded to my concerns after I started the thread...dammit! Anyways, I have done a search and found that yes, the Weekly News article WAS found in some released British files but there is no comment attached to it. At all.

here is the link and you will find it about 2/3rds down page. Lots of interesting stuff on the whole page I must say!

Link to British File post re the subject

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by annella
People...please dont star or flag until you have investigated or read the info!! I now have doubts on the veracity of the whole thing. Duuuuh.

OK, I have not heard a thing about this before today, and have checked ATS to make sure it has not been previously posted. If it has, Mods chuck this in the bin!

It seems that amongst the files released by the British recently there was a file regarding a signal received years ago that was decoded eventually. See source link below where message is explained.
So a distress message is received from a dying Planet where major catastrophes are taking place and apparently this was sent when dinosaurs still roamed Earth.
A Dr Victor ( Viktor?) Kulakov from Moscow is apparently doing some investigation.

Interested to see where this leads, if anywhere. And has anyone heard of this before??

NASA experts claim to have intercepted an intergalactic distress call from an alien civilization that had already peaked and was actually dying when saber-tooth tigers still roamed the earth!

Source

ETA it was 1998 when Dr Kulakov was involved.....hmmmm.

QUESTION? A) How could they determine the age of the signal? B) How could they possibly decode the signal unless the people who sent it in our general direction already had colonist on this rock that happened to speak english and could transmit in English. C) The later would have to be true.... Did they really send out a signal blindly asking for help? Perhaps they were sending out a message to a colony or a ship on earth or they were sending out a distress call warning about how they were pawned by another space faring species.

Sounds bogus to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

The lack of credibility attached to the Weekly World News has been repeated ad nauseam and rightfully so.

However the fact that this article is mentioned in the MOD files, even in passing, raises questions in its own right.

Hard not to think of the rag-sheet references in the movie "Men in Black"..LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Agreed & conceded. There is definitely some utter nonsense posted on ATS. (Star 4 U).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by amongus

Agreed & conceded. There is definitely some utter nonsense posted on ATS. (Star 4 U).

And as the OP'er here I can admit guilt in that area....I did not check who had published the article in the '90's.

So star 4 U from me with a blushing red face!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

But... ATS isn't satire, it isn't goofy stories fabricated from whole cloth for the purpose of amusing its readers. Certainly, we have some articles and posts like that, but most of what's posted here is meant to be taken seriously.

[I bet the file was in the MOD files because someone put it there for laughs. Or by accident!
edit on 15-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Mods...please remove whole thread thank you!!
Wasting bandwidth otherwise!!

From me the OP'er.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join