It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SIEGE-Federal Reserve Protests Beginning March 24

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

R... Respect.

You're.

There are no words. There aare seriously no words for how absurd the concept of "respect" in this context is. You, sir, win an award. You have seriously just won the award for "most absurd statement on Above Top Secret in March."

Congratulations.

I could get banned right now and it would all be worth it, for I have now truly seen the funniest thing this website will ever have to offer. Not the best thing, not by far. That will probably be in a thread by the likes of Randyvs, where people express real human emotions over real human problems. But sir, you have truly brought the lulz. and I wildly disrespect you for that.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm definitley going but only if enough people go ya know strength in numbers and all that. If you have a facebook join the page so we can all get a sense of how many people are showing www.facebook.com...#!/event.php?eid=179280018785530

good luck to all

peace love,
jacktherer

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Perhaps, then, you would like to expand on the nature of anonymous, instead of using thinly veiled insults to justify a position based on merely stating that others are wrong?

But, then again, we're not elsewhere on the internet, and I am reluctant to use the kind of language I might use there to describe your ignorance.

Whichever way we might choose to describe it, I am sure we can agree that anonymous - as a whole - has a very vague sense of direction, and what may seem appealing to one "member" will not be so for another?

The very RL protests against scientology spring to mind as an example of this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
reply to post by Solasis

Perhaps, then, you would like to expand on the nature of anonymous, instead of using thinly veiled insults to justify a position based on merely stating that others are wrong?

Thanks for making a coherent reply. It's easier to not be nasty and snappy to people who actually express some coherence. And I was in a rather mean mood yesterday, hehe. Anonymous is very difficult to properly define, and that is because of the nebulous nature. All we can really say accurately is what they're not, and this is one thing that they're not. (But the insults weren't really all that veiled. I called you asthma!)

Whichever way we might choose to describe it, I am sure we can agree that anonymous - as a whole - has a very vague sense of direction, and what may seem appealing to one "member" will not be so for another?

The very RL protests against scientology spring to mind as an example of this.

This is pretty damn accurate. The only problem is that their vague sense of direction is in actuality no sense of direction. They can be best described as particles of gas, moving essentially randomly. Occasionally, they all or large numbers of them move in the same direction, and this produces a wind. (yeah, I know that's not how wind or particles of gas actually work, but go with it. It's a good visual metaphor) This results in things like the scientology protests.

But the gas still has some very specific properties which are confusing and hard to name, but you can identify things which have a lack of them. This protest lacks the properties of Anonymous gas.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Anon is NOT a group of any specific people. Anon means just that, unknown, unidentified, without identity. I can't stand it anymore with all these people thinking that a specific group of people are running around calling themselves "anon" because no one is. "Anon" is everyone who wants to say or do something to change our way of life. It's a voice in a sea of voices. "Anon" is anyone who says or does something while remaining unidentified. "anon" is an adjective, it describes something as being unidentified. It is not a noun, it does not represent the name of a place, person, or thing. If I was to make this post without logging in, I would be making an "anon" post as I would be unidentifiable. The people doing those attacks on those corporations are also "anon" ONLY BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE. THEY DID NOT COLLABORATE TOGETHER AND PICK A NAME FOR A GROUP. For the love of everything common sense; STOP REFERRING TO ANON AS A SPECIFIC GROUP OF HACKERS, BECAUSE THEY AREN'T. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Thanks for making a coherent reply. It's easier to not be nasty and snappy to people who actually express some coherence. And I was in a rather mean mood yesterday, hehe. Anonymous is very difficult to properly define, and that is because of the nebulous nature. All we can really say accurately is what they're not, and this is one thing that they're not. (But the insults weren't really all that veiled. I called you asthma!)

In context, I would call your insult veiled. You did not proclaim me cancer.

But, I agree, anonymous is very difficult to define, and is very nebulous. It is this very nature that makes it difficult to describe to others. (And very difficult to counter.)

Originally posted by SolasisThis is pretty damn accurate. The only problem is that their vague sense of direction is in actuality no sense of direction. They can be best described as particles of gas, moving essentially randomly. Occasionally, they all or large numbers of them move in the same direction, and this produces a wind. (yeah, I know that's not how wind or particles of gas actually work, but go with it. It's a good visual metaphor) This results in things like the scientology protests.

But the gas still has some very specific properties which are confusing and hard to name, but you can identify things which have a lack of them. This protest lacks the properties of Anonymous gas.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

I still think I was pretty accurate with my herd of cats analogy.
edit on 19/3/11 by AngelInterceptor because: Additional.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer
I'm definitley going but only if enough people go ya know strength in numbers and all that. If you have a facebook join the page so we can all get a sense of how many people are showing www.facebook.com...#!/event.php?eid=179280018785530

good luck to all

peace love,
jacktherer

I would like you to do us all a favor and invite your entire friends list. EVERYONE. If they don't wanna come, they don't have to, the more people we invite, the better.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

Yeah, your herd of cats analogy was pretty close to right -- but at the time, something about it struck me as still having too much direction in its description. Sorry if that was just my mind playing tricks.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So, any more news on these protests?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Is anyone going in New York? I'm definitely gonna show up tomorrow but I just hope I'm not the only one there

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oops... I meant Monday

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So how did it go? Tear gas? Plain cloths police? K-9 unit?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

The protest date was changed. It's going to be on Monday the 28th instead. You going?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
........bump?

or is everyone dead?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Nothing happened, and people go back to their regular lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join