It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE 1-French nuclear agency now rates Japan accident at 6. TSHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, here it is..now at level 6..and I really dont see it going any other way but up.

PARIS, March 15 (Reuters) - France's ASN nuclear safety authority said on Tuesday the nuclear accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co's (9501.T) Fukushima Daiichi plant could now be classed as level six out of an international scale of one to seven

www.reuters.com... nuclear-france-idUSLDE72E2M920110315
www.huffingtonpost.com... 25347885056.html

"We are now in a situation that is different from yesterday's. It is very clear that we are at a level six, which is an intermediate level between what happened at Three Mile Island and Chernobyl," ASN President Andre-Claude Lacoste told a news conference in Paris on Tuesday.

They've tried to hide it..or downplay it as much as they could..no denying it now. TS has HTF.

A U.S.-based think-tank said the situation had "worsened considerably" and that it was now closer to a level 6 event, "and it may unfortunately reach a level 7."

And not only that, the US Surgeon general Regina Benjamin is saying buying the iodide tablets is a good precaution. www.nbcbayarea.com... l-Buying-Iodine-Appropriate-118031559.html

You know..all I want to say after all this is, we really need to pray for the people of Japan. This just seems so surreal to me. Im almost in denial, shock..I cant even describe it.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hasn't it been at level 6 all day?

Either way...made up number scales don't scare me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its one of those things you always have a ways back in your mind that it could happen but never really think it will.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am looking at the 22nd or 23rd for total meltdown radiation disaster.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Its one of those things you always have a ways back in your mind that it could happen but never really think it will.

Agreed, its like ..a dream. But its real now. I suppose Im in "survival" mode. I dont even want to work.

Our world will never be the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveSoldier
I am looking at the 22nd or 23rd for total meltdown radiation disaster.

Ohhh, LoveSoldier, Im hoping you are wrong.

But it doesnt appear there is anything humanly possible to stop this now. I dont know why they didnt pour concrete, instead of sea water..but I suppose it was impossible.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I dont know why, all of a sudden the Reuter's link isnt working..put up the Huffington one..hmm strange

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Hasn't it been at level 6 all day?

Either way...made up number scales don't scare me.

Yes, but some people didnt know..and they are also saying looks like it will be revised to a 7.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Has been at 6 all day.

When it hits 7 tomorrow I will start to get worried.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It is now confirmed by the Japanese cabinet secretary Edano that all 6 reactors at Fukushima are out of control and a complete meltdown is now underway. Fearing a full scale explosion of reactor 5 and 6 is being feared as residents have been asked to keep indoors. Edano keeping it as simple as possible says “cooling at 5 and 6 reactors seems to be a problem”. This was the same man who had confirmed before the first reactor blowout that “things were under control”. So when he says “there is a slight problem”, we know what to expect.

dawnwires.com... g-out-of-control-risk-of-radiation-meltdown/
http://w ww.chicagotribune.com/videobeta/5a616e66-2db7-496e-bbba-8c0874e4a3ce/News/Japan-s-number-5-and-6-nuclear-reactors-fear-the-worst

Look..I think this is the time to think outside the box. This is a situation for the entire world now. I dont want to start a panic situation..but in my humble opinion..I would recommend having iodide tablets and kelp on hand.
To tell you the truth..I dont think it will do much good. But at least I feel better having SOMETHING.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
Has been at 6 all day.

When it hits 7 tomorrow I will start to get worried.

Yea..why put off today what you can do tomorrow, huh..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
URGENT: Smoke rising near troubled Fukushima nuke plant
TOKYO,

White smoke has been seen rising from around the No. 3 reactor of the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant since around 10 a.m. Wednesday, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said, noting it may be steam.

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder if / when the disaster rates a number 7 on the scale...what could come next? If 7 means catastrophic then to who is the catastrophy limited to? Is it catastrophic for only Japan? That would be horrible enough and change the planet forever obviously but, hypothetically if all reactors at all of the plants in peril were to go "BOOM" so to speak, what impact would that have on the planet as a whole? Have any scientists or geologists commented or theorized about the damage something like that could cause the plates that seem very unstable at the moment anyway?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNMockingbird
I wonder if / when the disaster rates a number 7 on the scale...what could come next? If 7 means catastrophic then to who is the catastrophy limited to? Is it catastrophic for only Japan? That would be horrible enough and change the planet forever obviously but, hypothetically if all reactors at all of the plants in peril were to go "BOOM" so to speak, what impact would that have on the planet as a whole? Have any scientists or geologists commented or theorized about the damage something like that could cause the plates that seem very unstable at the moment anyway?

Yes..I ask the same question..there are SO many things going on at the moment..its not IF it will become a 7..its when..basically. I worry so much for the poor people who are there..in Japan..but at the same time..I worry for myself and family.
I know this is a disaster..and I dont know what the repercussions of it will be..I do know that the MOX fuel is many times more dangerous than uranium. . No one knows what will be the long term effect. Water, food?
I do know that we should all be concerned..not panic..but concerned..be prepared..its always best to prepare for the worst..expect the best.
I will do my best to keep updates here ...and right now..the updates arent so great.
Keep your chin up...we must all stick together.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
WOW..everything is going to be ok..Cyndi Lauper is still going to have a concert in Tokyo..sighs..im so glad we can all sleep now

MATT ALT
RT @tomoakiyama Cyndi Lauper, in Tokyo now, to hold concert in Shibuya today as planned. http://(link tracking not allowed)/h1CHpA [J] 13 minutes ago

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Good post...S&F

IOSAT is not available world-wide, so the US Surgeon-General is full of bunk in suggesting that people purchase it now. Governments are not the answer. They have no clue what to do and they don't care about you.

I feel that we may have a far-reaching disaster here that is being allowed to continue for too long. The Japaneese government has done nothing but underplay the seriousness of this situation from day one. The US government is saying nothing of the effect on the US regarding fallout from a melt-down a day reactor crisis. How many reactors failing will it take to contaminate US water and food for years to come?

I feel sory for the people of Japan, as well. of course. But, we better start planning ahead for the fallout that is headed this way. US government will tell us..." Oh, that is just alarmist talk, no danger at all." This is about survival. Don't trust governments and their declarations. Governments LIE.

top topics

join