It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-shift yesterday? Comet Elenin ripples fabric of time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Greetings ATS, this is my first post! I am working on a great post involving an interview with Sam Semir Osmanagich. That will have to wait until I am finished, as I want to write quality posts.

Yesterday I was working at the home office with my wife when I turned on a song (Deftones-Head-Up) I blinked and the song was over, I was tapping my finger to the last couple of beats. I jumped up like I had just woke up, my wife startled asked "What's wrong?" I told her that I felt like time just kind of shifted forward, I asked her if she could specifically remember the past few seconds and with a flabbergasted smerk she said "Yes." I could swear that a good minute and a half had went by, she claims I was very focused on my work (web designer), I felt almost like deja vu had occurred, but I didn't know it was going to happen-make sense?

This is when I thought about comet Elenin and its upcoming debut; I analyzed the science behind what was happening, and thought of Albert Einstein describing how time and space came to be. A simple and most modern way of describing modern knowledge of space and time would be to think of our planets resting on a bed sheet that is held out tightly. This fabric may include our entire solar system-all perfectly balanced to create order out of chaos.

Could it be possible that upon the entry of Elinin a gravitational force rippled through our time frame, and I felt it?
edit on 15-3-2011 by samlf3rd because: Mispelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
this is my first post as well.

I do not believe a comet is making you forget the last 2 minutes, no.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Definitely didn't just switch off? Wasn't tired... Didn't get bored? I know what it's like looking at code all day every day it can play with your mind lol!

I understand where you are coming from though, could be worth investigating. As far as I know, no sign of Elenin yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Could be a petit mal seizure.

A petit mal seizure is the term commonly given to a staring spell, most commonly called an "absence seizure."
source

wiki link
edit on 15/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Scott, yes looking at code all day for a period in the wrong place is a daunting task, especially on the eyes.

On a serious level, wasn't tired, hadn't been working for too long. It was like Deja Vu, wish I could explain it. But thinking about it-the weight of the objects floating on the fabric of time dictate the speed of time. I'm curious if this theory has been put forth before?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Reality is stranger than fiction, but I don't see the connection here? What made you suddenly think of the comet Elenin? If there is any science behind it I would love to see it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

I thought of Elenin because of the recent craze about it entering out eliptical plane. I don't think any comet entering a plane could destroy a planet, but I think that if everything is relative then why wouldn't some minute law of gravity play any role in what I'm saying?

An object that comes in contact with our fabric of space and time is surely to effect it, if not in an opposite and equal reaction-which who knows what that could be.

Well I thought it may sound logical on that level.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yossarian67

The only reason I go to this site is because it is a scientific community, could we please leave it to critically constructed thoughts?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sounds like maybe Versa has it right.

Petit Mal seizures come on without warning and cause the subject to act catatonic for a short amount of time. The subject comes out of the seizure with no recollection of time during the seizure.

Or it could be the comet, but usually the simplest, most straight forward solution is the answer.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Something like that happened to me at least 3 times that I can remember. All were when I was under about 15 years of age.....

One time was me and my brother were fooling around at on outdoor church service. It's all solemn with people crossing themselves and responding to the priest. One second we're sitting on a bench making noise, laughing out loud, pushing each other, generally causing a disturbance to those around us..... next minute the bench is turned over and we're laying on the ground wondering what happened. Seemed like quite a bit of time between the time I remember sitting on the bench and the time I woke up on the ground (woke up, that's the only way I can describe it).. ?

Another was when I was in grade 6 sitting in a class looking at the teacher. I glanced up at the clock, looked back at the teach and then back at the clock. What I thought took was say a few seconds showed up as about 10 minutes on the clock..... ?

The third time was outside a dance. I was too young to go in but we hung around because one of my friends brothers was there. It was dark, we hung out, did whatever, blah, blah, blah and the next thing I remember I turn around and I'm standing in front of a car with its lights blaring into my eyes. It stopped because I was in the middle of the road. Don't remember ever stepping onto the street. How I got there is anyones guess ?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sick, or old. And it has never happened before, if it happens again I guess get worried.

So gravitational bodies do not effect space and time? Seizures do?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Did you see a black cat shortly after it happened?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

I have heard of it happening to other people even on this site. I was hoping someone else felt it too.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

A comet is (in respect to the solar system) very small and very far away (even on a close pass to the Earth).

It's gravitation would have less effect on you than the mass of a dollar bill in your wallet.

Comet Elenin will pass closest to the Earth on 16 October 2011, when it will be 21 million miles away and it is probably about the same size as all other comets (less than 7 miles in diameter).

The possibility that it will effect the Earth's magnetic field is zero. Comets are not particularly magnetic and are best described as dirty snowballs. Although they may have a small amount of iron in them, they are mostly ice, i.e: no magnetic field.

As you were obviously still tapping your fingers to the music, only a small part of your brain went to "la-la-land" and was missing time. I would say that it is most likely that you had a petit-mal type loss of focus but all important systems stayed online.

Nothing to worry about, error handler subroutine working perfectly.
edit on 15/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would suggest "Microsleep" may be the culprit. I would almost certainly eliminate the Comet Elenin as the source of the apparent time lapse you experienced.

top topics

join