It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Comet Elenin but Draconids Meteor Shower To Be Concerned About for Oct. 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have been doing research into the Draconids, and its meteor shower come Oct. 2011. NASA is forecasting that it will be one big meteor shower.

Everyone is talking about Comet Elenin but what I am concerned about is this meteor shower. I feel there could be some very large meteoroids in it, which could cause Tunguska like explosions and devastation.

It will post my findings and information shortly concerning this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There are various prophecies of Nostradamus, Mother Shipton and the Book of Revelation that relates to the Draco I believe. The Draconids meteor shower comes from Comet Giacobini-Zinner whose origin lies in constellation Draco or the Dragon.

Draconid meteor shower: NASA prepares for potentially damaging 2011 meteor shower

www.csmonitor.com...

Draconid meteor show: Blah in 2010, big in 2011
NASA already preparing for a celestial pummeling next

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Draconid Meteor shower 2010 continues, 2011 could be downright dangerous

Continue reading on Examiner.com: The Draconid Meteor shower 2010 continues, 2011 could be downright dangerous - Cleveland astronomy | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Please! Post some links or some info! I have not heard about this event but i will certainly be looking for more info immdeiately. Thank You

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captainKing098

I will go step by step with the information here. Lets look at Constellation Draco and its meaning.

Here is information on its lore.

lightworkers.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

Draco is known as the Dragon but is also known as a "serpent" in the heavens.

Comet Elenin passes closest to Earth right around the time of this strong meteor shower in Oct. 2011.

As I feel, it is not Comet Elenin to be concerned about so much, but it is what is in this Comet stream that we will be passing through then. I honestly feel there could be large boulder size meteoroids that could cause Tunguska like bolides.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"Draco (dragon or serpent) t) Constellation -- Location: Northern Hemisphere; Coordinates: Right Ascension: 17h; Declination: +65�; Source: Creation and dragon myths from Greek, Roman, eastern Mediterranean, Middle East, Indian and Norse cultures

Two circumstances lie behind the multitude of myths associated with Draco. First, due to the precession of the Earth, Draco's star Thuban was the pole star approximately 4000 years ago. It would have seemed to ancient sky watchers that the Earth revolved around Draco.

Second, dragons and other large, powerful creatures were frequently associated with early creation myths. In many stories, the gods had terrible battles with monsters which they destroyed and flung into the skies, from whom they ripped control of the Earth, or from whose remains or corpse the Earth was born. "

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Notice this Nostradamus Quantrains below and how it is very similar to Mother Shipton. The great star will burn for 7 days and cause two suns to appear. This would be caused by the appearance of the bearded star, which is likely a Comet passing by. Possibly Comet Elenin? The serpent is placed on the shore. Serpent/Dragon = Draco

Quatrain 2,41

La grand' estoille par sept iours bruslera,
Nuee fera deux soleils apparoir:
Le gros mastin toute nuit hurlera,
Quand grand pontife changera de terroir.

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:

The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

Quatrain 2,42

Coq, chiens & chats de sang seront repeus,
Et de la playe du tyran trouue' mort,
Au lict d'vn autre iambes & bras rompus,
Qui n'avoit peu mourir de cruelle mort.

Cock, dogs and cats will be satiated with blood
And from the wound of the tyrant found dead,
At the bed of another legs and arms broken,
He who was not afraid to die a cruel death.

Quatrain 2,43

Durant l'estoille cheuelue apparente,
Les trois grands princes seront faits ennemis:
Frappez du ciel paix terre tremulente,
Pau, Timbre vndans, serpent sur le bort mis.

During the appearance of the bearded star.
The three great princes will be made enemies:
Struck from the sky, peace earth quaking,
Po, Tiber overflowing, serpent placed upon the shore.

Mother Shipton

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.

The tides will rise beyond their ken
To bite away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore.

And flooding waters, rushing in
Will flood the lands with such a din

That mankind cowers in muddy fen
And snarls about his fellow men.

He bares his teeth and fights and kills
And secrets food in secret hills
And ugly in his fear, he lies
To kill marauders, thieves and spies.

Man flees in terror from the floods
And kills, and rapes and lies in blood
And spilling blood by mankinds hands
Will stain and bitter many lands

And when the dragon's tail is gone,
Man forgets, and smiles, and carries on
To apply himself - too late, too late
For mankind has earned deserved fate.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
There are various prophecies of Nostradamus, Mother Shipton and the Book of Revelation that relates to the Draco I believe. The Draconids meteor shower comes from Comet Giacobini-Zinner whose origin lies in constellation Draco or the Dragon.

I've got to quibble about this part. The Comet does not "come from" the constellation of Draco, it's part of the solar system (probably part of the Ort cloud at the outer edge) or if it is extra solar, it's from somewhere very close, it's approach vector is undoubtedly the same, area of the sky as that constellation, but it's not from that constellation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Excuse me. Here is a better explanation for you?

"Every October, Earth passes through the stretch of space junk shed by Comet Giacobini-Zinner, reaching the deepest concentration of debris tonight. Under ideal conditions (dark country skies), one can expect to see around 10 meteors per hour. The reason the meteors are called Draconids is because the meteors seem to radiate from the constellation Draco. The best time to view the shower is in the pre-dawn hours as this is the time, at least in October, that circumpolar Draco is at its highest.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Draconid Meteor Shower peaks tonight, perfect sky conditions - Cleveland astronomy | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And this is when things get interesting. This was posted back in 2008. The symbolism was exactly what I thought a few months back after I read about the Draconids meteor shower occurring in Oct. 2011

"OCTOBER 8, 2008 - Meteor Shower - In Draco the Dragon constellation, Draconids- the tail of the Dragon drew 1/3 of the stars (meteor shower) to fall to the earth. Revelation 12:3-4 (Beginning of Yom Kippur- Day of Atonement - October 8 sunset)"

www.atam.org...

I came up with this blog post describing exactly the same thing a few months back.

lastgreatday8.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here is another web site discussing it with Revelation.

Revelation 12: 3-5
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven"- "Another" is a Greek word indicating that this heavenly wonder was different from that described in Rev. 12:1. Even as the first heavenly wonder involved the Constellation Virgo, so this second heavenly wonder also involved a celestial Constellation, not a planetary Conjunction this time, but a Meteor shower. Since the Draconid Meteor shower historically began on the 9th of September, there were already some meteors falling two days before the big show came on the 11th. How do we know this was the Constellation Draco? God's Word details it for us:"

www.try-god.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Please watch! Unbelievable with the timing of this!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-3-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Read above from Nostradamus and Mother Shipton prophecy and I think this in the Book of Isaiah relates to it.

Isa 30:24 The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.
Isa 30:25 And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.
Isa 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.
Isa 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

"I realized that Draco the Dragon comes alive with fiery breath from early to mid-October during Libra! Yes, shooting stars known as the Draconids appear to radiate from Draco's head. Wow! Granted this is only a minor meteor shower, but slow, faint, yellow, fiery meteors really do radiate from his head! Peak fire breathing episodes occur October 8-10 from 9:00pm-dawn."

www.souledout.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
All possibly and likely related to the Draconids meteor shower peaking October 8th

October 8th 2009 (Major Bolide Hits Above Indonesia)

www.youtube.com...

www.skyandtelescope.com...

October 7th, 2008 (Major Bolide Hits Above Sudan)

www.youtube.com...

transientsky.wordpress.com...

October 8th, 1992 (Major Bolide Across Eastern United States)

www.youtube.com...

www.thunderbolts.info...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Will the dragon breathe fire tonight?

astrobob.areavoices.com...

"This year, according to skwatching experts, will be no different. But by all accounts, 2011 will be a year to remember for the Draconids.
"This year, forecasters expect Earth to narrowly miss several of the debris streams, resulting in no appreciable display for 2010," reported Spaceweather.com, a website dedicated to monitoring space weather and sky events. "Next year, however, could be different. On Oct. 8, 2011, Earth will have a near head-on collision with a tendril of dust, setting off a strong outburst of as many as 750 meteors per hour."

In fact, the 2011 Draconid meteor shower is expected to be so astounding that NASA has already begun preparing for the risk to satellites orbiting Earth such as the International Space Station or Hubble Space Telescope."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
More information:

www.imcce.fr...

In October 2011 Earth will pass through the dense stream that was left behind in 1900 when the comet close approached the Sun/Earth. It was also this year that the comet was discovered.

Picture here:

media.skyandtelescope.com...

www.skyandtelescope.com...

Someone commented on it from the web site above saying this:

"Draconids 2011
Posted By Mop October 16, 2010 At 03:50 AM PDT
Mark, Canada should be able to see it easily. I wonder if the 1900 comet passage had some kind of disconnection event? It seems that the 1900 stream has a dense pack of meteoroids in it's path. Is there any information on the comet passage at that time, that might tell us more?"

Apparently something happened with this Comet in 1900. It could have been the Sun ejecting a CME and ripping the Comet apart at the time it got close to the Sun or maybe it hit another object. What is concerning as we pass through this 1900 Comet stream debris come Oct. 2011 is what does it have in it? Could there be large meteoroids? Possible Tunguska like bolide objects? Could this happen come Oct. 2011?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

The Draconid Meteor shower 2010 continues, 2011 could be downright dangerous

There is actually no hard evidence that an impact was ever connected to a meteor shower, although it it technically possible, and I would not doubt that it has happened before in earth's long history.

People have been watching meteor showers for a long time, and there is lots of data that shows that most of the time, as far as we know there are no large fragments.

Based upon photographic fireball studies, cometary meteoroids have extremely low densities, about 0.8 grams/cc for class IIIA fireballs, and 0.3 grams/cc for class IIIB fireballs. This composition is very fragile and vaporizes so readily when entering the atmosphere, that it is called “friable” material. These meteoroids have virtually no chance of making it to the ground unless an extremely large piece of the comet enters the atmosphere, in which case it would very likely explode at some point in its flight, due to mechanical and thermal stresses.

Source: American Meteor Society Fireball FAQ

I covered this already in the already existing thread on the subject One Year Until Meteor Outburst (up to 750 an Hour)"NASA also worried".

I honestly feel there could be large boulder size meteoroids that could cause Tunguska like bolides.

Even if there were any large objects/fragments of the Draconid parent comet (something that we have no evidence of) , they would likely be spread so far apart and we would miss them.

At the end of the day people have feelings about all kinds of things, but most of those feelings tend to not come true unless they are based on actual data.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
No one knows for sure. You are correct, usually they are small grains of sand that burn up in the atmosphere. It is a little interesting that there is a pattern of Superbolides happening around the peak of the Draconid outburt, Oct. 8th.

What is really interesting and nobody really knows is what happened with this Comet in 1900? Did it become disconnected? That was the year it was discovered. Why not before? So something must have happened there, and we pass through this dense stream from 1900 come Oct. 2011. What is in that stream, nobody really knows? Possible big meteoroids or just grains of comet dust? hmmm

Symbolically and esoterically with related to the Book of Revelation in Chapter 12, it appears it is alluding to the Draconid meteor shower, as it fits in with this video below with the timing aspect.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No one knows for sure. You are correct, usually they are small grains of sand that burn up in the atmosphere.

You say no one knows for sure, and perhaps we can only be 99.9999% certain, but we know from previous experience that its much more likely than not that there are no large objects connected with this shower.

What I'm saying is... why this particular shower when we are constantly passing through showers, and going through space which has either in the past (or is currently) where comets have passed through.

There are over 70 active meteor showers occurring every year, and throughout the year. Then there are the "inactive showers" that were made when ancient comets (that are now long gone) passed through the same space we are passing through. Almost all the small meteoroids would have long been dispersed by gravitational perturbations and solar radiation pressure, but some large fragments would likely still be close to the original orbit. Comets have been whizzing around the solar system for billions of years.

We know that the meteoroids we encounter during a shower/storm/outburst have been shifted out of their original orbits by the processes I mentioned above, and we know that the smaller the meteoroid, the more it is shifted. That means that when we get get an outburst from an old dust trail (like we are expecting with the upcoming Draconids), we get hit by mostly small meteoroids, and the large ones pass by us since they have not changed orbit as much.

This means that, if anything, we are less likely to encounter large objects during an intense meteor shower created by an old dust trail, and we are more likely to hit something large when we are away from the dense parts.

See what I mean?

It is a little interesting that there is a pattern of Superbolides happening around the peak of the Draconid outburt, Oct. 8th.

Pattern of Superbolides ???

Considering that a super-bolide is an event that occurs when an object hits our atmosphere, how can we already have a pattern of them when they have not happened?

What is really interesting and nobody really knows is what happened with this Comet in 1900? Did it become disconnected? That was the year it was discovered. Why not before?

Perhaps since it was the first time it made a journey into the inner solar system, or perhaps because no one spotted it before due to it being too dim - the vast majority of comets are too dim to be spotted with the naked eye.

and we pass through this dense stream from 1900 come Oct. 2011. What is in that stream, nobody really knows? Possible big meteoroids or just grains of comet dust? hmmm

It's not even that dense though. I guess you did not look at the link I posted, so I will re post some of the info here:

In 1966 the Leonids produced a storm of around 40-50 per second .

In 1998, 2000, and 2001 the Leonids produced storms where the rates exceeded or equaled 3000 per hour,2000 per hour, and 3000 per hour respectively.

In 1946 the Draconids produced a storm of more than 10,000 per hour.

If high density means death and destruction, then why did we not see any after the storms (many times more dense than this year's Draconids at only 750 per hour) I listed above?

edit on 16-3-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Please watch! Unbelievable with the timing of this!

www.youtube.com...

There is a connection to the comet Elenin here, which the autor of the video does not mention.
He talks about the constellation at September 27, 2011. At the same time the comet Elenin is almost exactly between Earth and Sun:

The minimum angle between the Sun and comet will occur September 26 (1.9°). (Source Wikipedia)

So the revelation could be interpretet the following way:

The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

4 And his tail [the tail of the comet Elenin] drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth [will cause a meteor shower]: and the dragon stood before the woman [Elenin in Virgo] which was ready to be delivered [see the video above for details], for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

It may be that Elenin (the tail of it which will be directed at Earth at this time) will appear like a second sun at this time, because the sun's light will be scattered in the dust of the tail and appear like a second "red" Sun, so the name "Red Dragon".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join