It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NUCLEAR POWER conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Let me tell you why we need EXTREMLY risky nuclear power plants, which among other things create large ammounts of nuclear waste that you at one point or another need to burry in your "back yard"...

I`ts because "thay" need us too think that creating electrical energy is COMPLICATED, costly, it looks like alot of hard work...
all-inall "somone" has an interest in it which is ok, because us Humans are "beings of interest", and people most of us do or dont doo things which are in or out of thayr interest.

Basicaly thay want you paying bills for somthing which should be ABSOLUTELY FREE!

All that a nuclear power-plant does is boile some water which then passes threw a turbine of sorts I guess..

Whith all the FREE sources of energy available (wind, water, solar) WHY in Gods name do wee need to use somthing so Dangerous, unstable, poluting, fragile as Nuclear power???!

I know we have put up with some really really stupid things in the past, like IGNORING electrical cars, cars that run on water, air etc.. because somone needs to sell some gas, and then goes start a war too kill roughly 500k people cause of it, OK we can turn our backs with our wooly T-shirts...

But planting Bombs round the Earth wich can bring us too our knees with basicaly anything and any time is just stupid....

www.articlesbase.com...

I understand that "thay" want us paying bills, and im not saying that we shouldnt (alltho OK it really should be FREE) But dont thay care atall about THAYR chilldren, the EARTH, ANYTHING?

We have crossed the line with this NONSENSE, some countryes like Austria are against Nuclear powerplants, and I can tell you thay have PLENTY of electricity and its not more expensive!

Say NO to IDIOTISM, DENY IGNORANCE!!! PLEASE!
edit on 15-3-2011 by kera1337 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by kera1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
While I can understand the point of your post... I'd like to say a few things.

1. The "information" you've provided is more than well-known, YET people rely on Electricity and in the future "NUCLEAR ENERGY" simply because it's put infront of them, for a fee, with no labor involved to bring it there... thus, people will pay, because whether it's a little or a lot, it's still affordable.

2. Your post makes out like a rant, debatable at best, but does not inform of a conspiracy... simply of a choice made by people who want to take the easy route. Making solar, wind, and hydro-electricty already exist, people are either too poor or too lazy to have it.

3. Also, PLEASE spellcheck and grammar check your post, it's riddled with many mispellings and incorrectly utilized punctuation.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Shikamaru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
When did wind energy, etc become free? Last I heard you stil have to pay for some sort of turbine or machinery to turn it into something useful for most of us, and you have to cover the gaps when they ain't working (although that's becoming less of a problem over time)

And how dangerous are these reactors - actually? the Fukushima ones have taken more damage than they were designed for, and are, essentially....performing really well with minimal actual danger!

And that's some old designs - newer ones are being built with even more safeguards!

But hey - don't let their actual performance distrct you - I'm sure there are people out there who know so much better without bothering with unimportant stuff like facts.......there always seems to be plenty of them around

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

Wow iff you really need proof ill get you some linked above, I know its well known I mean there are machines that produce electricity out of NOTHING...

I was thinking you know plenty about this, but your right iff hte link survives the next few mins ill post/link more..

Nuclear powerplant IS Hydroelectric, it just boiles water....

Well I guess you could call it a "rant" but DUDE IM SO FREAKIN STRESSED ABOUT THIS crud right now..

Bunch of ants walking on a hot really UNSTABLE ball planting Nuclear bombs around... dude, its just not Logical...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thorium reactors are the future!

Far fewer deaths every year in the nuclear energy sector than any other. Check out just the fatalities that occur every year in China's coal industry alone.

I think the numbers are in the thousands. I'll try find some figures.

www.wsichina.org...

Apparently over 250, 000 have been killed working in China's coal industry since 1945. As you can imagine China likes to keep things quiet so the actual number will probably be higher as suggested in this paper.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add link.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

There DOSENT NEED TO BE ALOT OF THEM, one or two accidents like the one in Chenobyl, or the one that will happen in Japan is enough to skrew the world for decades!!

It dosent take alot, I know thay are made safe with percautions, but hey shait happens, and when it does there dosent need to be a radioctive rod in the middle..

Electricity can be manufactured out of NOTHING!!!

And lets disregard the Danger in having them around, whats with the waste m8?
The thing that countrys argue, and toss round like a hot potatoe , then decide to pay some poor country to burry for them?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kera1337

Statistically speaking it is much safer, but you are absolutely right it only takes one bad event for severe environmental and human impact. That's why Thorium reactors are the future of Nuclear energy. They provide all the benefits without the dangerous by-products and potential to create weaponized Plutonium.

Seriously check it out, why they haven't implemented it on a wider scale is beyond me. Especially considering existing plants can be altered to take Thorium fuel rods instead.

www.guardian.co.uk...

So far only the Norwegians appear to be seriously interested in it, and they are a nation which was affected by the clouds from Chernobyl.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The answer to why is probably money..
whenever I need an answer to why some company, economy.... is money, well 95% of the time..
Its somones interest...

But this allso makes waste...
Why not (for sake of argument) use perpetual motion?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337

There DOSENT NEED TO BE ALOT OF THEM, one or two accidents like the one in Chenobyl, or the one that will happen in Japan is enough to skrew the world for decades!!

nothing much is going to happen in Japan at all - the reactors are powering down - generating less heat every day because they were shut down before the tsunami hit.

They have performed much better than expected, despite being old designs hit by much more than they were designed to withstand.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Im offering you a slap/bet that its gonna blow...

Every time the Japan govt says its good, somthing explodes, thay say radiation is normal, then you get info that its up..

As of now, radiation levels are 400 the normal, Croatian govt. has advised for Croatian citizens to leave Japan..
Im telling you the Japan govt is saying its allright, the experts are saying "apocalypse".

Thay can just say look people we cant doo anything, were in deep trouble, this thing is going to blow...
NO GOVERNMENT in the world can even Afford to say somthing is out of thayr control, it would defy the govt. definition, in no case can thay afford mass panic, this would be counterproductive in any case...

Im betting ANYTHING this thing blows!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Nobody uses plutonium anymore in Nuclear Weapons since 1995, but it can be used in a "Complex Nuclear Fuel Cycle" to create additional energy in NPPs powered by MOX. MOX is an alternative method of exploiting plutonium for a constructive purpose rather than simply burying it under the ground

It sounds very strange to me that the US is not interested in exploiting the potentials of MOX as an energy source in such times where chaos in the middle east might have bad repercussions on hydrocarbons. In short, MOX is an untapped natural/artificial resource until someone refines it and prepares it for specially designed reactors.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kera1337
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Im offering you a slap/bet that its gonna blow...

Every time the Japan govt says its good, somthing explodes, thay say radiation is normal, then you get info that its up..

As of now, radiation levels are 400 the normal,

400 what? Becquerel? 400 becquerels above normal is barely a pinprick. 400 Roentgen above normal? Well now thats a different thing since the lethal dose is just 500 roentgens. So if it was 400 roentgens above normal, everyone would already be dead. Which we're not.

When will people LEARN that stating a quantity without a unit, is totally pointless.

Croatian govt. has advised for Croatian citizens to leave Japan..
Im telling you the Japan govt is saying its allright, the experts are saying "apocalypse".

I have Croatian friends and neither they nor I can find any such advice.

There is no such thing as free energy.

Wind power - you have to build the wind turbines, and transformer systems. Those have to be PAID for, plus windpower cannot with the current level of technology, meet the words electricity demand. So it needs more research and that too, has t o be paid for. So no, windpower isn't free. It's renewable, but not free.

Wave power - Same as for wind power.

Solar power - The amount of energy a solar panel produces degrades over time. I seem to recall a figure of 10 to 15 years of useful energy out of a solar panel before it has to be replaced. Given the amount of energy it costs to grow the sillicon crystals, and offset that against the amount of energy a panel will produce in its working lifespan, they actually cost more in energy terms than they are worth. Again more research is needed, so no, solar power isn't free either.

A simple truth is, we are running out of fossil fuels, rapidly. We need an alternative fuel source, and for all its risks, nuclear power is the cheapest alternative fuel source, per kwh that we have right now. With the advancement of Thorium reactors, a lot of the risks associated with nuclear are effectively removed. Also, I have seen arguments that nuclear reactors don't exist in nature. They absolutely do. Inactive ones in Africa.

Natural Nuclear Reactors

new topics

top topics

join