It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop, please just stop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Before you get all pissy and bash me remember this is the rant forum..I like to vent here

So anyway...please people stop posting a line that says "wow is this real, check it out" or "I don't know what to think of this" and give a link with NO information as to what your thread is even about.

Per ATS T&C (yea I know I sound snobby so what) you are suppose to post something from the link/source and then put your own opinion and something about it in the original post of the thread. WHY is that so hard for people to follow?

I have seen this a lot lately from new and old members. It's annoying. I don't even read those anymore. I won't click the link, I just alert it and move along. It tells me you are LAZY!

Do you any of you who do this even care about what you post? It's like you are putting up a status on FB or something and you don't care if people respond or not. I hate when the OP makes a thread and never responds and usually they are the ones like I am ranting about..

Oh and the other rant I have is you people who crave flags and stars. Are you that insecure that you need validation of your work? STOP asking for people to flag and star you. Just stop, please you look desperate. Personally I wish they would get rid of those things. I think that all the stupid threads that get all the attention that have ZERO validitity and are just obsurd would get lost amongst the boards and the threads that really are something would get more attention. I see so many well written and informed threads get lost in the pages for some stupid UFO video or some lame ghost that isn't even anything! No it's not an elf or a gnome or a leprachaun. Deal with it...

There are some of you who abuse the two threads are ok as long as one is in the BA forum, that annoys the piss out of me. Shows me you just want attention and don't care if someone else has posted it already. Why not let someone else have a thread. I mean can you really keep up with 10 threads a day (yes Im exaggerating). Also those are the same ones who just post without looking at the boards first. Yes I know search isn't that great but the search in the right corner, the little search field where you can type in words, well that one works much better than the adv search. I love those who say I searched and didn't find it yet it was right on the main page and the recent posts page... well could it be your searching methods? Use major names and dates with the main topic of the thread for a search. I think search works, people just don't know how to use it properly.

Now think about it. A MASSIVE earthquake hits someone at say 12:30pm, and it's 6pm do you REALLY think there isn't a thread on it already? Why make one, it should be obvious that within mins of the situation there would be a thread. REMEMBER members from the globe are on here, ATS never sleeps
and apparently neither do I because this is why I pick up on this stuff so much..Yes it bothers me and yes I am complaining about it...this is the rant forum, it's my place to let out the steam on anything I desire.

Ok I think I'm done...but seriously people just stop

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
S&F for you...

BTW, I agree.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like your new angry attitude! (Might not be new but I haven't been on as much)

Getting rid of the stars is a good idea. It would encourage everyone to read all posts, and stop me crying in the shower when I don't get one...

But I suppose the flags get the good threads some well needed attention!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Wow, do you really feel like that? I don't know what to think of that!

Sorry, could not control myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nice rant. Wish it would do some good. I guess it will if it made you feel better. Like you, I get so frustrated when I see the same event get 5 or 6 threads. And all of them are on the New Topic page. Also like you I will never click on a link unless the OP gives some idea of what it is that I am about to click. Seems to me that there are more and more T&C violations, and that they go unnoticed.
Thanks for the rant. Made me feel better too.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I like your new angry attitude! (Might not be new but I haven't been on as much)

Haha thanks

I'm just slightly annoyed that is all...I blame my cold for making me irritable

Getting rid of the stars is a good idea. It would encourage everyone to read all posts, and stop me crying in the shower when I don't get one...

But I suppose the flags get the good threads some well needed attention!

LOL you cry in the shower
that isn't good at all!

Yeah the flags get the good threads attention but they also get the insanely nutty ones attention and then the good ones are lost lol

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I kinda like the S&F system. It kinda directs me on which topics to read and take seriously around here.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree, and you know what gets my goat?

People who author a thread, and only put the link/picture/video in the first post, then first respond to their own op.

The only reason i can figure to do this is to gain double the stars you normally would. But, it is irrelevant to me, so why should i really care???

link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Wow, do you really feel like that? I don't know what to think of that!

Sorry, could not control myself.

Yes I really feel that way....if I didn't I wouldn't have posted it.

I am not afraid to say how i feel even if it is a rant

link   

LOL you cry in the shower that isn't good at all!

Only when my thread doesn't get a star!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I agree, and you know what gets my goat?

People who author a thread, and only put the link/picture/video in the first post, then first respond to their own op.

The only reason i can figure to do this is to gain double the stars you normally would. But, it is irrelevant to me, so why should i really care???

I used to think the same thing, but I believe if you post in breaking news, it has you post the news in the first post, and then it makes a second post for your commentary. I could be wrong, though, as I haven't started a thread in awhile.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty
I kinda like the S&F system. It kinda directs me on which topics to read and take seriously around here.

Yes it can be a good guide but I wouldn't use the most flagged threads as a guide as to what should be taken seriously or not.

I think it should be about content not flags.

I have seen many threads that have a nice paragraph on something and a link and some other info and it gets no attention, yet the thread with a link and a line like "OMG check this out" gets front page.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Haha yeah I don't get those posts either. I guess maybe they are just new and don't realize they can post more in the first post and that there is no need to make a separate post UNLESS it's in Breaking Alternative News. That forum is set up that way when you make a thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

LOL you cry in the shower that isn't good at all!

Only when my thread doesn't get a star!

Cry no more.. I just starred you for each post...

See I star everyone who posts in my threads...It's a thank you for responding even if I don't agree with what you say..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is this another earthquake thread?!?!?

SHeesh!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Sorry that was a play on the words you used in the rant.

Starred and flagged and I agree with the spirit of your rant.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Sorry that was a play on the words you used in the rant.

Starred and flagged and I agree with the spirit of your rant.

Sorry for what? I found your reply funny

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Is this another earthquake thread?!?!?

SHeesh!

There will be no talk of earthquakes

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

hmmm, never thought about it like that...glad i didnt start a thread on that

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

Yeah BA works that way still.

The first post is the article and a snipet and the second is your information on it. I kind of like how that is set up actually.

top topics

join