It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear disaster in Japan: could it be possible in other nuclear countries?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

But what is unsafe about them? The events in Japan change nothing.

For the record, I now live nowhere near a nuclear (or any other) power station. But I did live a few miles from Bradwell, in Essex, when I was a kid.

Back in those days we were much more worried about nuclear war .....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Yes! "Rethink the policies", that's the right word!

Another problem is the age of the power plants: oldest here is the one of "Fessenheim", built in 1970....The plant was designed to withstand a 6.7 magnitude earthquake..... only 6.7!!

But there are other possiblities for a problem to occurs in reactors, let's not forget that in 1969 there was two LEVEL 4 incidents (and another in 1980) in two separate reactors due to mishandling....

All of the above are some (amongst many other) good reasons to change our nuclear policy.

The EURDEP Public Map, eurdep.jrc.ec.europa.eu... is showing a high level of radioactivity in the area of Fessenheim this evening. No earthquakes showing up there on the monitors.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

After following everything that is happening here in Japan, I have noticed the nuclear industry is truly a international industry and each nation`s nuclear industry is connected to each other. If the nuclear boys here in Japan are as dirty as they have proven to be, I am sure it is just as bad in many other nations. So, yeah it could very well happen in other nuclear nations. France worries me simply to the high number of NPP`s in such a relative small part of the world. If one of those NPP meltdown or explode who knows if it could effect another NPP near by?

<< 1   >>

join