It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: 'Code' Found in Latest bin Laden Video Could be Hoax

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You obviously think you're cute, accusing me of being Sean form NEIN. My name is in fact Michael Corbin. My only affiliation with them is that I've given them money, I view their website and subscription newsletter, and I post open-sourced news items on their subscriber-only message board. If this does turn out to be a hoax, that will make me a victim as well. The posters of FR and ATS obviously have a hidden agenda against NEIN. My few posts on FR and ATS have been in an attempt to clarify FACTS, for which I have been immediately attacked. I really don't get it.

There is a big difference between the BS found on the web and verifiable, reproducible, irrefutable facts. Armed with the latter, I'll be the first in line to seek recovery in a court of law against those who have defrauded me. With the former, I'm left with an all to familiar stench.

Now, either back-up your allegations against me, or shut up. Oh, and feel free to repost this on FR too. I'll be here trying to uncover the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Excuse me, has some one accused you of something? I mean, other than being Sean?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As a pricipal of ATS, with access to my email address and thus a means to determine my true identity and the state in which I live...why do you insist in your attempt to convince everyone that I'm Sean from NEIN? Although I've been lurking on ATS for months, I began posting in this thread in an attempt to discern the truth about this Bin Laden video.

Me lying about who I am, if this were in fact the case, wouldn't prevent the truth from being revealed. You knowingly lying about who I am, which is the case, only casts further doubt on NEIN but doesn't help anyone uncover the truth. Perhaps that's your intent?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I�m just asking politely I mean no harm to you if you are

Are you this Michael Corbin

Hail to the Thief

Rain and cold makes the press of bodies more comfortable. Insulation and shared warmth are welcome relief from the frozen drizzle and the tedium of standing in line to have your bags searched along the way to the parade.
The festivities for the new president don't begin for hours, but the partisans with fortitude arrive early Saturday morning. The parade route has been salted as a defense against freezing rain and cordoned off as a defense against everything else; entry is strategically controlled at designated checkpoints. After the pomp and circumstance of the swearing-in at the Capitol Jan. 20, George W. Bush will make his ceremonial way up Pennsylvania Avenue to his new home.
The 37 days after the 2000 presidential election were a conspicuous outbreak of reality in the nation's saccharine electoral politics of choreographed imagery. Clear sides were taken. Power was baldly exercised. A candidate who received fewer votes nationally--and, quite possibly, fewer votes in the Electoral College-deciding state of Florida--obtained the presidency in what charitably can be called questionable circumstances. It was unprecedented, and it gave U.S. politics a more tangible reality beyond the usual spin and hype.
www.citypaper.com...

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nope. I'm not a journalist, and this guy seems a lot farther to the left than I'll ever be. And to help you in your search, web-searching my own name has never produced an accurate result, although it does give many hits.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
No me neither when I search my name it just comes up as someone else if it comes up at all, your name sounds familiar though and you seem well spoken,that�s why I did a search

And I thought oh cool a celebrity

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostship
As a pricipal of ATS, with access to my email address ...

No member of ATS save for the administration has access to your email address unless you make it public.
Administrators are easily discernable by the "ADMINISTRATOR" title under their user names.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If I understand your response to Valhall, you believe that you are entitled to sue someone because an individual holds the opinion that you are not who you say you are? Is that correct?

As far as getting to the truth of how a "code" was found on a video file by analysts from another website that hasn't been reproducable by a variety of people across the internet, I don't think your previous post directing suspicion towards the twexus site is relevant. I don't think that the source/meaning of the code is the hoax here.

The hoax is the fact that there exists a screencap showing "something" that is not contained in the original video file.

If you are interested in pursuing where that screencap came from, we would welcome your thoughts and comments.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oops, I thought the title "ATSNN Editor in Chief" denoted Admin status. Regardless, the point is mute; who I am really doesn't make a difference.

I'm missing too many pieces of the puzzle at this point.

1- I have no way of knowing definitively that the video file posted on Jill St Claire's site was the one she gave NEIN. I can assume I have the same one, but that may or may not be a fact.

2- I don't know what video player was being used when the "codes' were revealed. In my attempt to duplicate the results claimed, I'd prefer to use the exact same video file on the exact type of system. Not doing so allows a degree of uncertainty that may not withstand cross-examination in court.

Becasue of the above I am forced to stop my analysis at this point. Anything further is pure speculation. I had hoped I'd get more answers here.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

As a pricipal of ATS, with access to my email address and thus a means to determine my true identity and the state in which I live...

Me lying about who I am, if this were in fact the case, wouldn't prevent the truth from being revealed. You knowingly lying about who I am, which is the case, only casts further doubt on NEIN but doesn't help anyone uncover the truth. Perhaps that's your intent?

Why do you insist on hyperbole, and manipulation of my words? Let's review:

I did, in fact, think you to be Sean. So, I called you by the first name that I thought belonged to you.

Your response was to state that I had falsely accused you of something, and then you offered legal threats. As far as I know, thinking some one's identity is some one they are not, has no liability to it.

Then, when I asked you what false accusations had been made against you, your response is to state that I am "attempting to convince everyone that you are Sean".

I'm sorry, but is this also the methodology you use when investigating? Because it seems a bit flawed to me. There's some major jumps to erroneous conclusions in both your responses.

These tactics you are employing here may, in fact, work on other boards, but you're in a whole new world here Michael/Sean/ghostship/whoever-you-are. You will find it much harder to intimidate members here. You will find it much harder to turn focus from the subject at hand.

In short, you'll find it much harder to play the games you are attempting to play right now.

[edit on 7-28-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature, I didn't say I was a victim by being wrongly accused of being someone else. That's idiotic, not actionable. I stated that if this was a hoax perpetrated by the Northeast Intelligence Network, then, as a person who has given them a great deal of money in the past, I would be a victim of fraud. Thus, my interest in this thread.

I wasn't accusing twexus of anything, I simply asked some questions.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Let's all step back a little here please.

Passions are high on both sides.

Let's not let this thread deteriorate.

Let's get back on track please.

Thankyou.

JB1

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Valhall,

when I said

There is a big difference between the BS found on the web and verifiable, reproducible, irrefutable facts. Armed with the latter, I'll be the first in line to seek recovery in a court of law against those who have defrauded me. With the former, I'm left with an all to familiar stench.

I wasn't talking about sueing you. I was talking about bringing legal action against the Northeast Intelligence Network if I can obtain the proof that will hold-up in a court of law that they intentionally doctored the video or otherwise made false claims about the "codes". I'm sorry I wasn't writing clearly enough for that distinction to be made. I really don't care who you think I am.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
okay you not that Michael Corbin
are you the one from Toronto? the Bald guy who does the talk show?

Sorry just a bit of comedy relief
we are all after the same thing I think
and that is who edited the still shot from the vid right?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm missing too many pieces of the puzzle at this point.

1- I have no way of knowing definitively that the video file posted on Jill St Claire's site was the one she gave NEIN. I can assume I have the same one, but that may or may not be a fact.

You do not have the same one. Stands to reason that if I could have uploaded the video to my website, then I should have been able to open it. I could not. There were two videos released within a day of each other!The one that was on my site was the other one, which I could open, but has since been removed because I wanted to remove it.

And while I am at it it, I will clarify that nothing has happened to my hard drive, it is just full!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Have you got the "other" video Jill so that we can look at it and check it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
to answer those questions about my site:

1. twexus and clipgate are the same
2. everybody can assign a text to an image.
3. nobody can upload images, they are all mine (images can be mean and disgusting, it would be to dangerous to allow this)
4. everybody can reassign the text to a different image
5. certain (explicit) terms are being ignored, otherwise the site would go into thee mental gutter within 3 nano seconds.

the described 2222 / "Lebende Tiere" scenario is kind of possible but is very unlikely:

- Finding THAT specific image is tough. Again nobody else can upload images. And image display is random
- Every action is being logged, so in case somebody needs to know.
- It's a public site, that gets into search engines. Wouldn't you want a site that is less visible for this kind of thing?

oh, and btw:

The whole argument of JTTF asking to take those images down is a bit flaky to me:

Enter the code in google, and you find many sites discussion, what I am pretty convinced being a hoax. None of THOSE sites have been contacted to take it down. But they are pretty closely and openly related to the case since days.

I personally guess its a face saving attempt that sounds cool, as long you buy into it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nope, not from Toronto, you do have the follically-impaired part right. And if I had a talkshow, based on my popularity here, it would make Jerry Springer's show look like a knitting club

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Have you got the "other" video Jill so that we can look at it and check it out.

The other video is uploaded to a private non-public site. I would be willing to give the link to a moderator on the condition that the link remains private, the video is downloaded once from that site (you can do what you want with the video after it is downloaded), and that I be contacted privately so that I am able to verify that this person requesting it is a moderator.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well,I'm requesting it and I am a Moderator here.

However I can give you no guarantee that the video will remain private if it is also found to have been tampered with.

U2U me the link.

Talking of U2Us Ghostship do you ever check 'em.

There's one waiting for you from me go to your MemberCenter bar at the top.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join