It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Ag Lobbies to Make it Illegal to Secretly Film Animal Abuse - Up to five years in jail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Big Agribusiness is fed up with pesky animal rights activists who expose abuses of farm animals on film. According to the Associated Press, agriculture committees in the Iowa state government have approved a bill to outlaw secret filming of animal abuses and punish the accused with a $7500 fine and up to five years in jail.

So now it will be illegal to expose corruption as well as cruelty.

More...

www.statesman.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank You!

S+F

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The type of developments posted by the O.P are truelly horrific.
I have viewed several videos ... grudgingly ... and came very close to vommiting.
This has got to stop ..... But what is getting done ??
anybody care to enlighten me ?
I am aware that morrisons (uk) has agreeed to set cctv up in the slaughterhouses they use.
Marks & spencers followed closely after.
I was happy to be one of those that sent in the cruelty postcard.
link to morrisons & marks and spencer details -
www.animalaid.org.uk...
People need to understand that power in numbers really makes a difference.
We can conquer this .....
Lets make change !!!
edit on 15-3-2011 by the2010apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

Some of the worse cases I have seen were on the farms that supply KFC. I boycotted that chain 20 yrs ago and surprisingly, it has not hurt me any way.

Contrary to popular belief, boycotting something does not make you go without and does not create any hardship in your life.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The culture that is developing is becoming void of responsibility. Wrong doings are settled out of court with non disclosure agreements attached. The penal system for those poor enough or not well connected enough is more about punishment than rehabilitation. Now domestic violence gets the green light, as long as it stays behind close doors. I have worked on factory farms and know what it is like. Pretending it does not exist is not going to make matters any better. When we fail to accept reality for what it is, reality will fail to accept us.

top topics

join