It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists are sounding the alarm: the mysterious cracks appear across the planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ok can someone debunk this or is this real?

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by aboveATS because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Do not simply post links in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a site/article, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the item.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ummm debunk what? Seems your link may have fell through the cracks...
lol ok there we go!
edit on 15-3-2011 by onehuman because: thread misstep

link   
Ehhh, waht exactly, no links?
another line

link   
I am laughing a bit, because you've asked a rather vague question. Which scientists, who, what, where? Is there a source, who told you this?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveATS

Oh dear, you're about to catch a load of bashing for no links or evidence to back it up. I learned that the hard way. So, this is my polite way of saying, edit your post and tell us where you read that information.

: )

SMR

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Where. When. Who.
You have given little detail. No links. No quotes. Who said it ? When was it said ?

Come on people. At least try ...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

On the first day of this tragedy, there was a story about 150 mile long, 50 mile wide crater that had opened up in Japan. Haven't heard of word of this since that time. I know that's what happens in an earthquake, but that did seem really large!

link   

Scientists do not know what to think about: South America is bursting at the seams. In southern Peru, suddenly appeared a huge crack length of 3 km and a width of about 100 meters.

Anomaly occurred in the district Huakullani Chukuito province near the famous Lake Titicaca. A crack has appeared almost immediately: the earth like a burst at the site of a large tension, the far scattered huge chunks of soil.

Interestingly, the crack did not appear in the earthquake. In general, there was no catastrophe, the earth simply gone. The crack occurred on level ground and is not associated with any disasters. Scientists are confused with this fact. Cracks also appear in neighboring Bolivia. And not so long ago, the crack happened in Africa – Ethiopia. Maybe these phenomena is common nature: the continents literally split in front of mankind.

This is from the link that the member provided.

Don't these occur rather frequently in highly active areas?

~Keeper

link   
give the op a chance guys, he forgot the link, no one is perfect, now all stop telling him about it and give him the chance to fix it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow. If this is correct the earth may truly be expanding. quite fascinating!

Source

I always believed in the plausible aspects of this theory. It would be a pretty cool science lesson to learn that the earth goes through 'growth spurts' (if in fact this is what this phenomena is).

Thanks for the link OP!

Here are some simalar stories from aboveATS's source

Large Crack Opens in the Earth in Southern Peru (SoTT)
Giant crack in Africa formed in just days (NewScientist)
Iceland Lake Disappearing Into New Crack in Earth (National Geographic)
ESA’s Envisat satellite witnesses Earth’s largest crack (ESA News)
Deepest crack on earth found in the Caribbean (CNN)
Trinco Earth Crack: No stepping (LankaPuvath)
A Crack Opens in the Ethiopian Landscape, Preparing the Way for a New Sea (DiscoverMagazine)
Tremors Point to a Stressed-Out Stretch of the San Andrea Fault (Discover Magazine)
Earth crack a mistery (EHExtra)
500 foot crack in the earth appears in Michigan, US (FromTheOld)

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 15-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + added

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Some of those cracks are old, it's not happening at one time..

Just the earth moving

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

On the first day of this tragedy, there was a story about 150 mile long, 50 mile wide crater that had opened up in Japan. Haven't heard of word of this since that time. I know that's what happens in an earthquake, but that did seem really large!

Do you have a link to that please?
2nd

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno

Originally posted by 1curious1

Do you have a link to that please?
2nd

It's under water, 130 km from the coast of Japan

www.allvoices.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a link to a youtube video posted on 9 Mar from Gulistan, Balochistan (Pakistan), the audio reporting that 3 dams emptied into the 830 foot crack
www.youtube.com...

Perhaps something that occurs naturally and not necessary linked to the earthquake events of Japan.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Link worked for me: Watchers.

I have seen several instances of this in the past month or so, but can't find articles off hand. They're there! Seems like all have been in South America. Ecuador, Peru, another in Chile perhaps. Didn't pay much attention at the time. One was in Hawaii, where lava began oozing out of the crack.

I'm confident that this is a result of the relief in pressure between the tectonic plates, i.e. Japan quakes. Over time, there is static friction building up bw two colliding plates. When the quake occurs, essentially the static friction (holding them in place) is overcome, allowing them to resolve the collision by one sliding above/below the other. In this case, the Pacific plate shifted West and the Asian plate shifted East. That's why Japan is now approximately 6ft closer to Hawaii in some places.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Cracks have been appearing across the Planet Earth since Earth was formed. Nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Scientists do not know what to think South America is bursting at the seams. In southern Peru, suddenly appeared a huge crack length of about 3 km and a width of about 100 meters.

I love it when vague wholly statements are made like this!

Which scientists do not know what to think?

edit on 15-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
Wow. If this is correct the earth may truly be expanding. quite fascinating!

The Earth isn't expanding.........the plates under the Earth are in constant motion.......that's why you get Earthquakes!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
With what is happening right now on this planet. I would not doubt any alarmist articles comming from scientists right now. Whom ever they may.

If some wish to bury thier heads in the earth so to speak, go right ahead. Let te rest of us read exactly what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There are some funny people here, I don't think. the OP is asking for info and all that is received is rubbish, apart from a Mod. That includes two newbies who contribute zilch. According to the ESA, (the link is actually contained on the OP's link) This is a rare occurrence,

www.esa.int...

Now, they may be talking a specific?? kind of earthcrack, but I don't know about that. So if anyone can enlarge on that. Thanks to the OP for the post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join