It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation in Hawaii from Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

Why is the Midwest untstable right now? What's going on that I don't know about? Should I be worried?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
I think you should change your title to 'Could there be radiation in Hawaii', because I find your assumptions to be very misleading and with no basis in fact.

Please look at the jet stream maps available online. The radiation will have to reach the jet stream (5000 feet) to be carried away from the Japanese peninsula. It will then have to travel thousands of miles over the Pacific Ocean before reaching Hawaii. But please note, that only swirls in the jet stream touch Hawaii... it is California that will take the full impact of a radiation cloud from the Jet Stream.

www.rawstory.com...

The fallout would have to get a lot higher than 5000 feet to reach the jet stream. More like 30,000 feet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A member (SyxDal) provided this link :
www.blackcatsystems.com...

Online Ionizing Radiation Detectors
The readings on this page were obtained using one of the Black Cat Systems radiation detectors.

Very useful tool to keep on an eye on. hope it helps and thanks to SyxDal! heres the link to that post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
it is completely insane to me that chernobyl x6 is being so downplayed and that just move along nothing to see or worry about here. and on top of that they really have the spin machine going into overtime trying to get people to believe that some radiation is okay for you. NO ITS NOT!! radiation is not good for your body in any form . that is why there is so many precautions in medical field for exposure to very small levels. yes it is used to kill cancer, but in those instances it sometimes kills the patient instead. Radiation is bad for you. PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
A member (SyxDal) provided this link :
www.blackcatsystems.com...

Online Ionizing Radiation Detectors
The readings on this page were obtained using one of the Black Cat Systems radiation detectors.

Very useful tool to keep on an eye on. hope it helps and thanks to SyxDal! heres the link to that post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the site that replaced the one I had been looking at up until yesterday - that today is 404ed. I have my doubts about it. Some of the data are "simulated." But which of the data is simulated is unknown.
edit on 3/15/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're right. Thank you for the correction.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Greeat more gov't wasteful spending....why not wait for the emergency, then compensate the airlines.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think that people in US are overreacting! Somebody will make a LOT of money selling potassium iodate pills! I was born in Europe, i was 16 years old when Chernobyl happen.You are talking about misinformation and cover ups...We did not know anything about it until 6-7 mounts after it happen! 4 days after Chernobyl i was on parade for May 1st, and was raining rain with radioactive elements, and nobody told us NOTHING. i spent 2 mounts in the fall of the same year on the field, helping farmers pick-up produce. In the radioactive dust. AND I AM STILL ALIVE! Stop worry about radiation coming from Japan! It has to travel thousands of miles before gets to USA.One rain on the way here and all the radioactive material goes into Pacific ocean. Hawaii is safe as rest of USA.I am taking my family on vacation there on the end of the mount! People, don't panic! Don't let government scare you! If you think about radiation coming to USA, you are not thinking about other problems...That is what this government wants from you, it's one BIG DISTRACTION!!! Sorry for my English, it's my second language!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveakaRNG
Will it happen? Could it happen? Is it happening right now? I've been searching for flights today and am considering leaving my home here in Hawaii. Leaving right now. Is there a cover-up going on to reduce panic? Imagine if it were announced that high levels of radiation was going to hit Hawaii in the next few days. The airports would be insane!

I want to be safe, but I don't want to live out of fear. Any info/links would be great, because I can't find hardly anything!

So how much radiation did Hawaii get when United States set off 2 Nuclear bombs over Japan?

<< 1   >>

join