It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation in Hawaii from Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Will it happen? Could it happen? Is it happening right now? I've been searching for flights today and am considering leaving my home here in Hawaii. Leaving right now. Is there a cover-up going on to reduce panic? Imagine if it were announced that high levels of radiation was going to hit Hawaii in the next few days. The airports would be insane!

I want to be safe, but I don't want to live out of fear. Any info/links would be great, because I can't find hardly anything!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Rather be safe than sorry!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
according to this you are safe my friend. No need to panic.
squall.sfsu.edu...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

I would say this to you: Can you buy more stuff?

Can you buy new limbs?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I dont know anything friend, i am trying my hardest to keep tabs on it, even though i live on the east coast (USA). The best advice i can give you is to follow your gut instinct, but be sure to stay away from the mid-west, that place is way to unstable right now.

Peace and prayers to you.
AOA2012

edit on 15-3-2011 by AOA2012 because: I said "it would be a nice drive" you live in Hawaii

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hypothetically, say the worst case scenario happens, and everyone in hawaii must evacuate immediately.....

do you think the airlines would charge for tickets??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidNova

Where or who referred you to this link. It does give me peace of mind, but how legit is it? SFSU, got that, but where's that coming from? Thanks so much.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If it was going to affect you, wouldn't leaving and coming back not help since your stuff would still be contaminated when you return?

I'm sure they'd evacuate if there was anything to worry about.
edit on 15-3-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well radiation would be carried through the jet stream, so if you Google "jet stream map" there are numerous sites that will have animated images that show the same thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

i find this map.i hope it can help.you can also zoom in -out /top left side ,to compare.
www.blackcatsystems.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Do you guys in Hawaii have Potassium-Iodide on hand? Or do you have to order it from the mainland?

Sounds like you guys are in quite a pickle over there. Do you trust a government with a long running practice of lying and cover ups? Or do you take a hit in the wallet/pride if it turns out to be a false alarm?

I would say you are better safe than sorry.

Does Hawaii have a fallout shelter? One would think that they should?

Whatever choice you make, I wish you good luck with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

its my understanding that as an insurance policy, the us government has made yearly payments to the major airlines in case of emergency that would require the us gov't to use commerical airlines to fly people to safety. its free money to the airlines for many many years.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

The best advice i can give is to just leave ASAP and drive it, it would a nice scenic route for meditation

Umm, he's in Hawaii. Did you even read his post? On the other hand, a drive from Hawaii might be his best bet, if he doesn't get out of there soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just make sure you get your info from other than government sites...All you will get there is 100% lies...See if you can find some private, not for profit sites to get info from....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silentraptor

Thanks so much! Bookmarked. Curious as to why Germany's level is so high...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Who knows, would anybody be told/warned that there is a huge spike in radiation or would people just be told that they are being evacuated as a precaution?

The whole thing is really worrying.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

could the radiation mess people up who are trying to fly out of there?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I seem to recall that there are a ton of bunkers on Oahu, left over from WWII I'm curious to know if the military is in the process of cleaning these up and opening them to the public? Do you have any friends or contacts in the Military there? Any ATS members know?

Here's a thread about the bunkers by locals on Oahu kinda interesting:

bbs.keyhole.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO

I'm sure they'd evacuate if there was anything to worry about.

Mighty trusting you are... Given that a site showing radiation readouts for the US went 404 since yesterday... And another similar site is being offered with far less information and a disclaimer that "some" of the data is from "simulations..." It sure looks like something is up - and they have no plans to evacuate those in danger.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think you should change your title to 'Could there be radiation in Hawaii', because I find your assumptions to be very misleading and with no basis in fact.

Please look at the jet stream maps available online. The radiation will have to reach the jet stream (5000 feet) to be carried away from the Japanese peninsula. It will then have to travel thousands of miles over the Pacific Ocean before reaching Hawaii. But please note, that only swirls in the jet stream touch Hawaii... it is California that will take the full impact of a radiation cloud from the Jet Stream.

www.rawstory.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join