It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ship Seized carrying Sophisticated weapons to Gaza Strip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Isreal just siezed a ship carrying high tech arms to the terrorists in Gaza. The ship was carrying 4 Chinese made C-704 antiship missiles and where supplied by Iran.

Is the shipping of missiles into Gaza by Iran anything to do with them moving war ships off the coast of Isreal? Or is this just a further escalation?

JERUSALEM — Israel said Tuesday it seized a cargo ship loaded with weapons sent by Iran to Palestinian militants in Gaza, including sophisticated land-to-sea missiles that officials said could change the balance of power in the area.

The takeover in the Mediterranean Sea was the latest in a series of Israeli naval raids meant to counter the growing influence of Iran, which Israel accuses of supplying rockets and other arms to Israel's bitterest enemies.

The navy's deputy commander, Brig. Gen. Rani Ben-Yehudah, said investigators had found between two and four Chinese-made C-704 missiles, which land-based forces can use to attack ships.

Ben-Yehudah said Iran is known to possess these weapons, the shipment included instruction manuals in Farsi and there were other clues that "explicitly" showed Iranian involvement.

The military released a photo of a booklet with the words "technical missile identification document" written in Farsi on the cover. It identified the system as a C-704 "Nasr" missile, provided a serial number and date of issue in the Persian calendar.

One copy of the story says there was 500 tons of arms on board the ship.

Images the military released showed mortars and other arms among stacks of munition boxes.

The Victoria is German-owned, operated by a French shipping company and was sailing under a Liberian flag, the Israeli military said. German, French and Liberian authorities were notified of the seizure.

Although the ship was intercepted outside of Israel's territorial waters, maritime law entitles Israel to search any merchant vessel it has reason to believe is carrying contraband to support Hamas, said Benjamin David, a former high-ranking officer in the military's legal department.

additional stories
www.france24.com...

www.haaretz.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
looks like someone posted a similar thread why I was typing mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The war game is such an interesting one.

Open a history book "War From 1800-1802" or whatever.
When in realitiy war NEVER STOPS
Just because there is no deceleration doesn't mean it's not there.

Iran Supplied weapons...
Chinese made...

You know what. I bet America knows about EVERY transaction and set this ship up to catch it (letting real criminals COUGH cia COUGH slide) and making them look bad

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
maybe you should say iranian terrorists confiscated arms on there way to the rightful owners of israel. not sure why hamas are called terrorists in the east as they certainly arent in russia or turkey.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Hamas fires rockets at civilians in Isreal and hides there troops in schools and hospitals, they also promote suicide attacks which to me mean terrorist. Russia doesn't call them terrorists because they have over the years tried to weaken isreal (the two countries are not friends) and Turkey for similar reasons. It's the same reason our media always glosses over the saudi's little fundings of certain groups.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

i think you are getting mixed up with israel's excuse for bombing a school and the actual truth. i agree that palestinians have used suicide bombs on israel but this could also be seen as guerilla warfare tactics against an invading populace who have no right to be in their nation, let alone push them out of their homes.
israel spends more on propoganda than any other nation in the world so i wouldnt be so quick to believe the news that comes out of there and i would just like to let you know that hamas is a political party just like the republicans and the democrats, just not nearly as evil.

join