It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson attorneys promote involuntary commitment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The way this article comes across really bothers me. Does this Info really need to be injected into the public this way? Hindsight is 20/20. I guess the authorities want people committed for their views because of one freak.

www.kvoa.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

I'll be the first to comment. In other words any body can be committed if someone else doesn't like the opinions of others because they may be extreme????? I think the gov't could use this logic on its own people such as you and me if they saw fit. Kinda scary

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
sounds like witch hunts will become popular again.

don't like someone? title 36 'em.

did somebody say something you don't like? title 36 'em.

don't like your neighbors dogs? title 36 'em

no wonder that kid in the article killed himself, his only lifeline in this world was cut when his mom forced him to be committed. there were other ways she could have dealt with his problem.
edit on 3/15/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Careful expressing your religious and/or mystical views and practices. If you practice dream yoga for instance, some ignorant jackass might hear of it and remember that Jared Loughner and lucid dreaming were associated in the press and title 36 you. If you have had profound mystical experiences better keep them to yourself or some ignorant ass could mistake it for schizophrenia and call the title 36 police.

'King Herod' is getting bolder and bolder.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am just going to keep doing what I am doing. If anyone has a problem with it too bad. And KVOA 4 will hear about this. I recommend everyone emailing them expressing their views. I will pass any psychiatric test in front of me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's pretty much like that now.

I can call the cops anonymously from a pay phone, pick any name out of the book and tell the cops that person is a threat to himself and others, and presto that guys life is a living hell.

And it cost me a quarter.

Lots of things are terribly wrong with the system.
edit on 15-3-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is not something new. This is common knowledge where I am from. We had to commit at friend, because he was on a destructive path and talked alot of suicide. This is very important. No you can not go up to a psych ward and say hey "Joe blow over here, I think he wants to hurt me" and they will commit him. It is a very serious thing, that is taken very seriously.

new topics

top topics

join