It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Navy intercepts vessel carrying Iranian arms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by nightbringr

You REALLY need to get away from the television news. Unfortunately, you have to also realize you have been lied to all of your life. No problem, if you can accept the truth.
There was NO real problem in the middle east before the creation of Israel. Israel is a biblical fiction for all practical purposes. It is a NAME on a map that some very powerful people decided to call their own.
Not everyone is stupid, and in fact, a lot of people in the middle east are very smart. They know what is going on. Why do you thing Ghaddafi has to get help from Israel to destroy the rebellion in Libya?
If ISRAEL says the arms came from Iran? I don't believe them. They are known liars. Israel has been documented attacking practically every country in the world in some manner, economically, militarily, and any way they possibly can to secure THEIR right to feel like they are superior.
PERIOD.

You are right, you HAVE been lied to all your life and it shows.

So i suppose Hezbollah and Hamas make all their own weapons from scratch? Your deluded and in denial.

Please back up your claim of Israel attacking almost every country in the world with real data. I expect links showing this. Im sure you will show the attack on the USS Liberty and such. And I will in turn show how the Arab states surrounding Israel have attacked it again and again since Israels inception. Lets add to that non-state entities like Hamas and Hezbollah, and the many suicide bombers. The hillarious part is how they always lose, and then whine about Israel keeping lands they gain. If you attack someone, dont cry when you get a bloody nose.

As a state, they have every right to defend themselves. They are the most villified country and people in the history of humanity, and i truely feel sorry for them. Systematic discrimination toward jews has happened since the beginning of recorded history. No wonder they defend their land with such tenacity.

Israel is a island of sanity in a region full of religious zealots, despotic rulers, biggots and women haters.
edit on 16-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I agree with you about Stateless Palestinians not enjoying any rights in the Arab world. Palestinians in Lebanon are treated like crap, and the same can be said about every Arab host, bar Syria and Jordan. They're treated MUCH better in Syria though.

Whenever the Stateless Palestinians ask why don't they have any rights, they're responded with utter crap like "We can't give you any because of the "right to return" agreement". Yes, like that will ever happen.

Israel don't want 'em, Arabs don't want 'em. Poor fellas. Only ones enjoying any civil rights are the ones residing in Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealand etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

A valid question if I ever heard one. Personally speaking I think we should have applied more pressure throughout the years, holding a firmer line. Over the years N. Korea has played the game of building A, in hopes of getting concession B and C (food and oil/fuel).

They get the concessions, and when it comes time again to put up or shut up with the North, they go back down the same road. While I understand the large part of why we went along with it was an effort to assist the people of N. Korea, I think in the long run it bit us in the ass.

I also understand that any armed conflict with N. Korea would result it massive losses on both sides. The question that needs to be asked though is where does one draw the line, and when do the risks start to outweigh the accepted status quo?

While I am not eager to race into yet another war, I think that is going to be the inevitable conclusion. The North wont stop their programs, and continues to play the shell game with requested aid in return for temporarily stopping their nuke program.

I say get it over with now, rather than later when the North not only has a few more bombs, but the rocket technology perfected to deliver those weapons to larger swaths of the US.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I have been lied to?
What a joke!
Israel did not even EXIST until the blood of Scottish, Irish, German, English, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Greek, Negro, Mexican, Native American, Russian, Persian, Arabian, Japanese, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Agnostic, Atheist and other nationalities, sects, religions, and others TOO numerous to mention were shed for a cause that these people believed was just and right...to fight G.E.N.O.C.I.D.E.... OR, so we were taught.
YOU need to take a good hard look at what is going on, and whom are the beneficiaries. It is more than likely, NOT you, nor your family.
Tell me what lies I believe to be the truth if you are convinced I have been lied to.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Liquesence

I never made Iran out to be a savior, i am simply making them less a demon than everyone else.

And Israel IS a shining example of what a middle eastern country should be?

Iran has a LOT of tolerance, more so than Israel in many ways. And just because their culture is different doesn't mean it's wrong.

"Iran doesn't like gays," oh no. Do republicans? Do tea partiers? If it were up to them gays would be hanged HERE. Israel doesn't like Palestinians, so they just bomb, kidnap, deny medical treatment, burn their crops, shoot at them, etc.

You could--and should--just as easily substitute Israel (or the US) for Iran in your thoughts and post, and see that Israel is far less saintly than even Iran. Is a sham election exclusive to Iran? Um, no. Is brutality toward protesters exclusive to Iran? Lol, No.

I could go on for hours.

Some people's justifications are comical, and these people who keep ignoring--and projecting the ill deed onto others as a form of justification-- the illegal actions of Israel simply conveniently substitute the reality of said illegal actions by saying, "but they (Iran) are bad."
As if by Iran being "bad" it should preclude Israel from its own responsibility and actions? Yeah, right.

As if somehow it's okay for a nation to act wrongly because "the other guy is worse," or something to that effect.

Israeli apologists...

But they're the CHOSEN people.

That's hilarious. I simply state that Iran is not to be praised and you praise them.

Of course Republicans don't like gays (generally speaking), but I don't round them up and hang them in the streets. Nor do Israel. And Iran is tolerant? Roflmao. They hate the Jews as much as intolerant you do. They also appear to hate women and their own citizens who do not agree with the ruling class.

Israel at least treat their own citizens with respect and allow real, fair elections.

Please tell me tell last time Republicans hung gays in the street? And I'm not talking about some KKK freaks, but Republicans with government backing. Your arguments are ridiculous and prove you will do or say anything to make Israel look bad like the rest of you anti-semetic ilk. If it were up to you, the ovens would be fired up again I'm sure.

edit on 15-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Oh no, i spoke against the almighty Israel, i am anti-semitic.

You spoke volumes in that one statement.

I am anti-Semitic because do not like what Israel does? Because i criticize a criminal regime i am against JEWS? Which implies that one must support Israel and its actions (regardless) to not be anti-Semitic? Thus the logic of the apolgists, nothing new here.

And i never praised them, i simply point out that they are not all "evil." But coming from some people any speech that is not condemnatory must be in support or praise.

And Israel is tolerant. That's why it tolerates peaceful coexistence with the Palestinians, who happen to inconveniently live on the "Israeli" land, which they keep "reclaiming." LOL They have fair elections, huh? And they treat their citizens with respect? So, as long as their elections are fair and as long as they treat each other with respect, be darned with non-Israelis? I see now...They are "special." Their government is pure s the driven snow, without corruption, with complete tolerance, the model for the world. :lol"

The implication that Iran is bad, signifying Israel is good and therefore unaccountable, is fundamentally faulty by nature.

Firing up the ovens? Wow, how pathetic a statement... That statement alone solidifies why we can never have a decent discourse: i said nothing against the Jewish people, i simply spoke of Israel--those running and supporting it the nation--and its illegal, unethical, and immoral actions which have NOTHING to do with the Jewish people themselves--at all.

So you turn the argument around and ignoring the issue?

Poor, poor Israel. Everybody hates them and those who criticize them are anti-semites and in bed with Iran.

I have little else to say, since it seems that anyone who criticizes Israel or anything it does is anti-semitic.

~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

And you spoke volumes in yours.

Their culture IS different and it IS wrong and evil. I'm sorry you cannot call a spade a spade. Any culture that can have a public hanging of homosexuals is evil. If that happened in Canada we would rise up against our government.

At rallies they chant "Death to USA, Death to Israel!". Public stonings are not unheard of and women do not have equal rights.

They are backward and evil and I do not blame the people. Recently they tried to protest the last election and were savaged by the governments goons.

You show your true colors defending such a regime.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

I have been lied to?
What a joke!
Israel did not even EXIST until the blood of Scottish, Irish, German, English, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Greek, Negro, Mexican, Native American, Russian, Persian, Arabian, Japanese, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Agnostic, Atheist and other nationalities, sects, religions, and others TOO numerous to mention were shed for a cause that these people believed was just and right...to fight G.E.N.O.C.I.D.E.... OR, so we were taught.
YOU need to take a good hard look at what is going on, and whom are the beneficiaries. It is more than likely, NOT you, nor your family.
Tell me what lies I believe to be the truth if you are convinced I have been lied to.

What is it you are going on about? Genocide? Are you talking about WW2 now? What does that have to do with anything?

The reason I said you were lied to is because if you look back at your first post to me, you said I had been lied to. I was just throwing it back into your court.

I'm not sure what you think I have been lied to about, but I perhaps suspect not that you are bringing up genocide that you perhaps deny the Germans ever persecuted the Jews. Not sure what angle your taking here. Please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So in addition to the vessel that contained Iranian weapons, S. Korea and Singapore have seized 2 seperate shipments that contained dual use items for nuclear weapon manufaturing.

An Iranian military transport that was heading to Damascuss Syria via Turkey was intercepted and told to land for inspection.. Anyone care to wager a guess as to what was found? Hint, it wasnt Baklava.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Its fairly common knowledge the North Koreans were helping Syria to build the nuclear site that Israel bombed in 2007.

Syria is still refusing to let inspectors in to look at the bombed site.

If these items are for making a bomb and not a reactor, we should be very alarmed.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Liquesence

_javascript:quote()
Why they should attack--Iran, which they have been itching to do for a long time

Seems like you got it wrong way hahahaha!. What do you call the Iranian "Wipe them off the map" comments then? and don't give me the "lost in the translation" rubbish, the Iranian terrorist said it! Can't blame Israel for reacting to this! lol lol lol lol lol!

Kewl. Another repetition of the deliberate mistranslation of what Ahmadinejad said about the Pirate Israeli Zionist Regime (not the Israeli people or the Jews) ultimate removal from "the pages of history." And, one way or another this will happen, due to the pathology of the Zionist dominator mindset. And all of the work of Hasbara Zionist trolls won't prevent this. Why don't you look for some peace in your heart?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This may infuriate the masses, but, what is so morally and legally objectable about providing Hamas, a "terrorist" orginization with weapons when Israel a "terrorist" state has access to weapons far superior? Dosen't Palestine have a right to protect it soveriegnty as well? Dosen't Palestine have a right to a military as superior as its neighbours? Why would one say this is so contreversal. Hamas is the democratically elected government, so Hamas has a right to a monopoly of physical force(police and military) in their country. If Israel are so critical of this, why don't they first disband their military? Oh, how will they defend their soveriegnty from outsiders? - It goes two ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join