It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Navy intercepts vessel carrying Iranian arms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Liquesence

_javascript:quote()
Why they should attack--Iran, which they have been itching to do for a long time

Seems like you got it wrong way hahahaha!. What do you call the Iranian "Wipe them off the map" comments then? and don't give me the "lost in the translation" rubbish, the Iranian terrorist said it! Can't blame Israel for reacting to this! lol lol lol lol lol!

I would say that the bully on the block with the big stick doesn't want those being bullied to also get a big stick, lest said bully gets what's coming, and which said bully probably deserves.

As far as "translations," you're a linguist? Versed in Persian? Oh wait, no, you're just parroting what you hear others say, the "Iranian terrorist.." Big bad boogie-man Iran, lol.

Sit, and i shall tell you stories of the Israeli terrorists, who bulldoze homes and people, who burn crop fields, shoot at fishermen, prod and provoke people until when there is a reaction the claim of "they're attacking us! they want to hurt us! We didn't do anything! How DARE they?!"

You sir, are funny.

And that's all i have to say.

Riiiiiiiiight. Because Iran is a shining example of what a country should be?

Their last election was a sham, and when the good people of Iran came out to protest it, the government goons came out in full force to beat, rape and murder those protesters.

Gays are openly hung in public, and their president has also declared very publicly and proudly that "Iran has no homosexuals!".

They are openly repressive towards women, as most Arab cultures are. They are ruled by the religious elite.

I could go on for hours.

If you dont like Israel, fine, but dont go around making Iran out to be some kind of saviour.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I never made Iran out to be a savior, i am simply making them less a demon than everyone else.

And Israel IS a shining example of what a middle eastern country should be?

Iran has a LOT of tolerance, more so than Israel in many ways. And just because their culture is different doesn't mean it's wrong.

"Iran doesn't like gays," oh no. Do republicans? Do tea partiers? If it were up to them gays would be hanged HERE. Israel doesn't like Palestinians, so they just bomb, kidnap, deny medical treatment, burn their crops, shoot at them, etc.

You could--and should--just as easily substitute Israel (or the US) for Iran in your thoughts and post, and see that Israel is far less saintly than even Iran. Is a sham election exclusive to Iran? Um, no. Is brutality toward protesters exclusive to Iran? Lol, No.

I could go on for hours.

Some people's justifications are comical, and these people who keep ignoring--and projecting the ill deed onto others as a form of justification-- the illegal actions of Israel simply conveniently substitute the reality of said illegal actions by saying, "but they (Iran) are bad."
As if by Iran being "bad" it should preclude Israel from its own responsibility and actions? Yeah, right.

As if somehow it's okay for a nation to act wrongly because "the other guy is worse," or something to that effect.

Israeli apologists...

But they're the CHOSEN people.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Their last election was a sham, and when the good people of Iran came out to protest it, the government goons came out in full force to beat, rape and murder those protesters.

Gays are openly hung in public, and their president has also declared very publicly and proudly that "Iran has no homosexuals!".

They are openly repressive towards women, as most Arab cultures are. They are ruled by the religious elite.

I could go on for hours.

If you dont like Israel, fine, but dont go around making Iran out to be some kind of saviour.

Before the US and UK overthrew Mossadegh in 1953, and then installed the puppet Shah and trained SAVAK, Iran had one of the most progressive governments around.

The west is hardly a paragon of virtue - recent US elections have been cited as examples of corruption, and it was suggested that the UN should monitor the last election.

After the recent elections in the US and UK, there were huge protests, and people have been killed during protests in both countries.

Bottom line?
If the governments of the US and UK were not oil hungry, profiteering corrupt scumbags, who have spent the last century interfering in the mideast in a bit to control their resources, the I have little doubt we would not be in the situation we are in today.

You might also want to read up about the balfour declaration - not many people like being manipulated by a religious minority, hell bent on creating a ZIONIST (not jewish) state, although the same names keep cropping up whenever "sharia law" is mentioned, they are usually absent when the real history of the mideast is discussed.

It's in western interests to keep israel strong, in order to keep the region de-stabalised in order to better take control of the resources when the time comes.

Iran is also an aryan nation, not an arab one - the most repressive regime in the mideast is the best friend of the US.
Can you type Saudi Arabia?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Some people's justifications are comical, and these people who keep ignoring--and projecting the ill deed onto others as a form of justification-- the illegal actions of Israel simply conveniently substitute the reality of said illegal actions by saying, "but they (Iran) are bad."
As if by Iran being "bad" it should preclude Israel from its own responsibility and actions? Yeah, right.

As if somehow it's okay for a nation to act wrongly because "the other guy is worse," or something to that effect.

The hypocrisy readings are off the chart!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

You might also want to read up about the balfour declaration - not many people like being manipulated by a religious minority, hell bent on creating a ZIONIST (not jewish) state, although the same names keep cropping up whenever "sharia law" is mentioned, they are usually absent when the real history of the mideast is discussed.

Just to add to that my thread on Rothschilds behind the Balfour Declaration

I believe the Wahabi movement that propped up the Saudi Royals have always been loyal to their Zionist masters.

Memoirs Of Mr. Hempher, The British Spy To The Middle East or Confessions of a British Spy is a document purporting to be the account by an 18th century British agent, Hempher, of his instrumental role in founding the conservative Islamic reform movement of Wahhabism.

The book has been denounced by Wahhabi Muslims and called an "imaginary fictional narrative, coined deliberately to discredit" Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab "and his followers by the British."[1] In the West it is considered a forgery and has been described as "an Anglophobic variation on `The Protocols of the Elders of Zion`”[2]

The last paragraph is interesting, how everything in the protocols turned out true with zionists pulling the strings, yet it's a HOAX?

Just the way how Mr. Hempher memoirs came out 100% true.

In the book's story, a British spy named Hempher, working in the early 1700s, disguises himself as a Muslim and infiltrates the Ottoman Empire with the goal of weakening it. He tells his readers: "when the unity of Muslims is broken and the common sympathy among them is impaired, their forces will be dissolved and thus we shall easily destroy them... We, the English people, have to make mischief and arouse schism in all our colonies in order that we may live in welfare and luxury."[3]

Hempher intends ultimately to weaken Muslim morals by promoting "alcohol and fornication," but his first step is to promote innovation and disorder in Islam by creating Wahhabism, which is to gain credibility by being on the surface morally strict. For this purpose, he enlists "a gullible, hotheaded young Iraqi in Basra named Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab".[4] Hempher corrupts and flatters Wahhab until the man is willing to found his own sect.

In the story, Hempher is one of 5,000 British agents with the assignment of weakening Muslims, which the British government plans to increase to 100,000 by the end of the 18th century. Hempher writes, "when we reach this number we shall have brought all Muslims under our sway" and Islam will be rendered "into a miserable state from which it will never recover again."[3]

Wiki

It's in western interests to keep israel strong, in order to keep the region de-stabalised in order to better take control of the resources when the time comes.

I would disagree, it's israel that's controlling the West and when the right time comes it will pull the plug out on every Western nation starting a full blown economic collapse. These guys own the banks, the media and exert a huge influence on Western policies. Israel only uses it's army to kill civillians in palestine and to reafirm it's ever expanding illegal borders. Israel uses the West, UN, NATO etc. to deal with the bigger fishes in ME.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I never made Iran out to be a savior, i am simply making them less a demon than everyone else.

And Israel IS a shining example of what a middle eastern country should be?

Iran has a LOT of tolerance, more so than Israel in many ways. And just because their culture is different doesn't mean it's wrong.

"Iran doesn't like gays," oh no. Do republicans? Do tea partiers? If it were up to them gays would be hanged HERE. Israel doesn't like Palestinians, so they just bomb, kidnap, deny medical treatment, burn their crops, shoot at them, etc.

You could--and should--just as easily substitute Israel (or the US) for Iran in your thoughts and post, and see that Israel is far less saintly than even Iran. Is a sham election exclusive to Iran? Um, no. Is brutality toward protesters exclusive to Iran? Lol, No.

I could go on for hours.

Israeli apologists...

But they're the CHOSEN people.

That's hilarious. I simply state that Iran is not to be praised and you praise them.

Of course Republicans don't like gays (generally speaking), but I don't round them up and hang them in the streets. Nor do Israel. And Iran is tolerant? Roflmao. They hate the Jews as much as intolerant you do. They also appear to hate women and their own citizens who do not agree with the ruling class.

Israel at least treat their own citizens with respect and allow real, fair elections.

Please tell me tell last time Republicans hung gays in the street? And I'm not talking about some KKK freaks, but Republicans with government backing. Your arguments are ridiculous and prove you will do or say anything to make Israel look bad like the rest of you anti-semetic ilk. If it were up to you, the ovens would be fired up again I'm sure.

edit on 15-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You REALLY need to get away from the television news. Unfortunately, you have to also realize you have been lied to all of your life. No problem, if you can accept the truth.
There was NO real problem in the middle east before the creation of Israel. Israel is a biblical fiction for all practical purposes. It is a NAME on a map that some very powerful people decided to call their own.
Not everyone is stupid, and in fact, a lot of people in the middle east are very smart. They know what is going on. Why do you thing Ghaddafi has to get help from Israel to destroy the rebellion in Libya?
If ISRAEL says the arms came from Iran? I don't believe them. They are known liars. Israel has been documented attacking practically every country in the world in some manner, economically, militarily, and any way they possibly can to secure THEIR right to feel like they are superior.
PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
^ LMAO.

They're so strong and united however ANYONE of them would move to CANADA/USA if given the split second chance.

Get a clue.

Back on topic: This just goes to show all the naysayers that indeed Iran, even at the highest levels of gov't and miltitary command, are providing Hezzbollah with weaponry to use DIRECTLY against Israel.

Thankfully I know how this all ends.

Tbh with you, I see no problem Hizbola having weapons. They're in their country. They think they need it to protect themselves from another possible Israeli invasion of Lebanon, which has happened before. Not sure why Israel feels the need to disarm everyone around it while allowing themselves to be fully equipped with the latest weaponry.

Also, what is Israel doing intercepting a German ship on its way from Turkey to Egypt, 320km away from Israel?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

They hate the Jews as much as intolerant you do.

Are you sure?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I hope Israel tries to subdue their neighbors in earnest. It would be nice not to hear that whiny dung anymore. The chosen people of God, indeed.. Only if God is a douchebag.

If Israel was the chosen of God and followed the covenant they would be blessed. If not, they would suffer hardships. So,,, how's life went for them throughout history? Let the Palestinians get their weapons and let Israel have a real fight on their hands instead of the smack down they get to enjoy now. Maybe they won't be so damn whiny for once...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Star for ye, for the comment and for your signature!
And for all of those that unite under a common banner, called humanity.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The funny thing about all this is this:

If you go back and read my posts, never once did i say i supported Israel, only that Iran is no saviour.

And then i am pounced upon as some Israeli supporter, so i wrote my second post simply pointing out a couple obvious facts, as in Israel not hanging gays in the streets.

www.skeptically.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Pay close attention to the last post. Its is very telling.

Israel is mean to the Palestinians? Well guess what, so are the Arabs.

This is a wikipedia entry showing the persecution faced by the Palestinians in their Arab brothers homes:

Over 400,000 Palestinian refugees live in Lebanon, who are deprived of certain basic rights. Lebanon barred Palestinian refugees from 73 job categories including professions such as medicine, law and engineering. They are not allowed to own property, and even need a special permit to leave their refugee camps. Unlike other foreigners in Lebanon, they are denied access to the Lebanese health care system. The Lebanese government refused to grant them work permits or permission to own land. The number of restrictions has been mounting since 1990.[34] In June 2005, however, the government of Lebanon removed some work restrictions for a few Lebanese-born Palestinians, enabling them to apply for work permits and work in the private sector.[35] In a 2007 study, Amnesty International denounced the "appalling social and economic condition" of Palestinians in Lebanon.[36]

In fact, only Jordan has made a real, honest attempt to absorb the Palestinians. Please read the whole article to get an idea of the real situation. You may learn a thing or two about the real world.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now i invite you to assail me again. Have i once defended Israel? Or have i simply pointed out that it is not as easy as blaming everything on one side?

Ill still take the side who does not hang gays, circumsize women, stone women for crimes as simple as being seen in public with the opposite sex, and allow real, honest elections.

The time i spent in moderate Eqypt with my blonde haired wife sickened me. I will never again visit such a place where women are no better than animals. Israel is an island of sanity in a disturbing world.

Ps. Ok so there goes my "no defending Israel" angle!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

How were they progressive?

The whole myth of Mossadegh is revisionist history.

The Shah Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi came to power in 1941.

Mossadegh tried to usurp the Shah in 1952. He resigned after failing to do so, but helped organize anti government rallies across Iran that lead to hundreds of people getting killed. After 5 days of riots the Shah gave Mossadegh the new power he wanted and reappointed him PM.

Mossadegh became dictator, with full power over the military, he was granted autocratic emergency powers by parliament.
He stripped the Shah of all power and as Iran fell into absolute chaos, the Shah fled to Iraq. Various factions were fighting for control, thousands of Communists were in the streets rioting.

Finally, the military took control of the situation and arrested Mossadegh, restored order and the Shah returned to power.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I could go on for hours.

Before the US and UK overthrew Mossadegh in 1953, and then installed the puppet Shah and trained SAVAK, Iran had one of the most progressive governments around.

The west is hardly a paragon of virtue - recent US elections have been cited as examples of corruption, and it was suggested that the UN should monitor the last election.

After the recent elections in the US and UK, there were huge protests, and people have been killed during protests in both countries.

Bottom line?
If the governments of the US and UK were not oil hungry, profiteering corrupt scumbags, who have spent the last century interfering in the mideast in a bit to control their resources, the I have little doubt we would not be in the situation we are in today.

Iran is also an aryan nation, not an arab one - the most repressive regime in the mideast is the best friend of the US.
Can you type Saudi Arabia?

Did I ever say anything about Saudi Arabia being good? Did I say the UK or US were a better example? Are you blind or would you like to show me anywhere in my posts that I did say such things. I despise Saudi Arabia as much as Iran.

I couldnt care less about any one line you wrote. Nothing you said adressed my one simple point: Iran is no shining example.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Actually the shipment came from Iran to a Syrian port. The vessel departed syria and docked in Turkey. It left Turkey and was intercepted 200 miles off the coat of Israel, sine the vessel was bound for an Egyptian port that contained "supplies" bound for Gaza. Since Gaza is under Israeli occupation, Israel has every right to intercept and inspect cargo where the end destination is inside there zone of control.

The simple fact that not only Iran, but Syria as well as Turkey, make this a big deal. Turkey has maintained a somewhat neutral stance when dealing with Gaza up to the point of the Floatilla raid, which Turkey claimed was an independant action on the part of the floatilla itself.

The question is going to be what did Syria and Turkey know about the cargo of the vessel? If they both knew weapons were being smuggled into a blockaded zone, then they both just involved themselves in violating international law (since people want to use it on Israel, turn about is fair play) as well as breached the peace by doing it in a clandestine manner - which can be construed as an offical action by those government against the government of Israel.

So for those who want to argue Israel is violating international law by boarding and seizing the vessel, then Syria, Iran and turkey will be held to the same standard.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by thePharaoh

So for those who want to argue Israel is violating international law by boarding and seizing the vessel, then Syria, Iran and turkey will be held to the same standard.

Fair play!

But supplying arms and long range missiles to Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Aqsa martyrs etc, is exactly the same as US supplying hi-tech arms to israel with American taxes.

So please don't make out as israel is some sort of saint of the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Actually its not the same, since the weapons being supplied to hamas and Gaza is within Israeli territory. Constantly repeating over and over its not fair doesnt change the fact that it is the way it is.

Maybe next time when a country decideds to go to war, they will think twice about it. Nothing like 3 wars, loosing territory in those wars, and then screaming its not fair.

Its like the BS argument about the US using nuclear weapons against Japan. Maybe they should have thought twice about attacking uys if they arent prepared to take it to the end.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

reply to post by forklift

Actually its not the same, since the weapons being supplied to hamas and Gaza is within Israeli territory. Constantly repeating over and over its not fair doesnt change the fact that it is the way it is.

Please........I think i should make a thread on israeli violations VS Arab violations, the statistics would be interesting.

Maybe next time when a country decideds to go to war, they will think twice about it. Nothing like 3 wars, loosing territory in those wars, and then screaming its not fair.

Don't get me started, read some history, you will realise who initiated the violence.

Its like the BS argument about the US using nuclear weapons against Japan. Maybe they should have thought twice about attacking uys if they arent prepared to take it to the end.

So according to your opinion Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq should have been nuked too?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Please........I think i should make a thread on israeli violations VS Arab violations, the statistics would be interesting.

By all means go for it. We can do the same for palestinian / arab violations. We can start with the jewish family of 5, which included a toddler, who were stabbed to death in their home for no reason at all.

Don't get me started, read some history, you will realise who initiated the violence.

I will get you started if for no other reasons than to actually have you learn history correctly. The Brits created Israel and Palestine after WWII. The Arab countries refused to recognise Israel, and snubbed their noses at a Palestinian state, which was not really their choice, but they screwed over the palestinians anyways.

Israel was not even a country for 15 minutes before a truck bomb was set off. On multiple occasions arab countries conspired together to invade Israel, and got their asses handed to them, and lost land in the process. Like I said, dont start something you arent prepared to finish.

So according to your opinion Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq should have been nuked too?

No - Vietnam didnt have nukes, which is why that option was brought up then removed as a choice. Afghanistan can barely make a phone call without the system crashing, let alone build a nuke - their choice though for wanting to live like the amish. IIraq came closest in the early 80s', and Israel took the reactor out.

Germany AND Japan both had nuclear weapons programs, and had either one of those countries aquired it before the US, they would have used it.

As I said, dont start a fight you arent willing to finish through to the end, and certainly dont go cry about it when you start it, then loose.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No - Vietnam didnt have nukes, which is why that option was brought up then removed as a choice. Afghanistan can barely make a phone call without the system crashing, let alone build a nuke - their choice though for wanting to live like the amish. IIraq came closest in the early 80s', and Israel took the reactor out.

Germany AND Japan both had nuclear weapons programs, and had either one of those countries aquired it before the US, they would have used it.

As I said, dont start a fight you arent willing to finish through to the end, and certainly dont go cry about it when you start it, then loose.

kk. What should be done about North Korea, logically? They HAVE nukes... They threaten to use them weekly on SK and U.S

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join